Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Steve , at this point in time , yes , let them take a dump

They can't start to recover until they really see bottom , and until they realize why they have hit bottom

Can't understand it though , with all those hard working , tax paying illegals they should be on top .................right?

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Thank you everyone of my fellow friends here on ALIPAC. This is the first time this kind of article has been posted that I haven't had to come out fighting in defense of California. This shows the understanding we have developed of the bigger picture. The common knowledge that what has happened in California if not stopped is going to keep spreading and devouring the whole of the United States.

Many of us here in California have come to the realization after the elctions in 2010 that our only hope lies with the rest of our nation. We are a perfect example of what happens if the progressives and their future Latino Anchor Baby Political Pool Agenda is allowed to grow. As their numbers grow in elligible voters our voice is being squashed. We have watched as our economy is being destroyed by all the freebies demanded by this new society.

One has to wonder as one becomes the minority in their own state why the new majority is still reaping the benefits of being the minority in the country. Why the state continues to dig even further into my pockets for the advancement of the Latino Youth and Community.

Why are ethnic groups allowed to have pride in their origins and I am not? Why they are allowed to have activist groups and their civil rights protected, but my children are not allowed this same right?

Since when did being white become equated with being racists, a nazi, white supreamist or anti semetic?

Sorry for my rant, but I don't like what I have seen happen to California and what I see happening to my country.
    You aren't going to get off that easy Sherry! We still blame you for giving California to the panchos Tacos for everyone!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Re: California overpays for immigrant welfare

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    California overpays for immigrant welfare

Ivan Light

San Francisco Chronicle January 11, 2011 04:00 AM

Share Comments (3)

California carries more than twice its share of the nation's burden for the support of needy immigrants. This is a problem of American federalism, not a problem of tax evasion by immigrants.

If immigrants were evenly distributed among the 50 states, California's share of the national immigrant welfare bill would be 6 percent. Instead, it pays 13 percent, according researchers.

In the United States, welfare is a shared federal and state responsibility. Fifty states share financial responsibility for Temporary Aid to Needy Families and Medicaid with the federal government, which contributes half of each state's cost of these programs. It is unfair to share welfare responsibility with states when 45 states have few immigrants, and only five have large populations of immigrants.

Five states, of which California is the largest, have borne two-thirds of the nation's immigration-related welfare burden. The other states are New York, Texas, Florida and Illinois. This imbalance stems from the heavy clustering of immigrants in just those states, especially in California. If California had no immigrants, its share of the costs would be zero.

Other reasons California overpays for aid to immigrants arise from the mismatch between the taxes immigrants pay and the benefits immigrants receive. Two-thirds to three-quarters of immigrants' taxes go to the federal government. One-third to one-quarter go to states. However, state and local governments pay at least half the cost of immigrants' education and health care.

The free public education that immigrants' children receive comes from state governments, on which immigrants impose heavier-than-average costs while paying lower-than-average taxes. Similarly, a third of immigrants receive no employer-paid health care. When injured or ill, uninsured immigrants use public emergency rooms at the expense of state taxpayers. If a state has no immigrants, it pays nothing for the education of immigrant children or for immigrants' emergency health care.

The costs of immigration rightly belong to the federal government, which has the exclusive authority to legislate immigration quotas and immigration controls.

States should share these costs equally, but high immigration states, especially California, are picking up the federal government's bill, while low immigration states pay nothing. Billions are at stake every year.

This is a California issue, not a Republican or Democratic issue. California's congressional delegation should press the federal government for relief from this inequity.

Ivan Light is professor emeritus of sociology at UCLA.

www.sfgate.com

you over pay them well let them start paying the gov back .
    why they should not be on welfar at all . they are Not American citizen
    if that was USA well we would Have to Pay it all back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    If immigrants were evenly distributed among the 50 states, California's share of the national immigrant welfare bill would be 6 percent. Instead, it pays 13 percent, according researchers.
    WE shouldn't be paying a dime for ANY of these illegal aliens! Not one state, not one dime.

Enforce our immigration laws... and stop betraying the American people!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TexasBorn wrote:

You aren't going to get off that easy Sherry! We still blame you for giving California to the panchos Tacos for everyone!
    Nice to see the rivalry between Texan's and Californian's still lives on! Sorry TexasBorn I will take the blame from anyone but a Texan. As a military wife I lived in El Paso Mexico. Trade you some Tacos for Tex-Mex

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Don't you just get irritated when a sphincter like this doesn't differentiate between immigrants and illegal aliens?
    If he did differentiate between immigrants and illegal aliens, the San Francisco Chronicle probably would not have printed that article on its OpEd page.

Over the last three or four months, the Chron's OpEd page has featured at least a dozen ariticles from an Open Borders, Come And Get It perspective. Ruben Navarrette has had at least five articles published during this time. There hasn't been one article published about the negative impacts of illegal aliens. Nothing about jobs, nothing about crime, and nothing about environmental degradation.

The Chron's guidlelines for submitting OpEd articles include the info that that paper rarely publishes more than one article from the same author more frequently than every six months. But that restriction obviously does not apply to Ruben Navarrette's shilling for the Open Borders crowd.
    ************************************************** ****************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    TexasBorn wrote:

Nice to see the rivalry between Texan's and Californian's still lives on! Sorry TexasBorn I will take the blame from anyone but a Texan. As a military wife I lived in El Paso Mexico. Trade you some Tacos for Tex-Mex
    Sherry, you definitely have my sympathy having lived in El Paso. I spent beau coup time time there myself. Lots of Ft. Bliss presence for sure. As for the Tex-Mex...once every six months was enough for me! Never felt at ease there as well. Much too close to the chaos.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I was about to make a remark about Cali but I live in Illinois which is almost as disfunctional as CA.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

"I don't understand why we're being handed over, most of us without even kicking and screaming! Fatting us up for the kill!"
    We're not like the rest the World and they hate that, or is it that nobody fights like us and they hate that, or is they hate it so much that they lay down without fighting at all!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What! California has left the door open for illegals to come here, so now they shouldn't whine to rest of the nation to pick up the tab for their ineptness in enforcing our immigration laws. They started this anchor baby growth, now they're complaining? They put the welcome sign out, now they're screaming that's it's everyone else's responsibility. Hey, California, you're clueless! Sorry, but here in Idaho we are already paying more than we should for people in this country illegally because California legislators allowed this mess to get out of hand in the first place.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast