Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TexasBorn wrote
    Alright Sherry, now you've gotten my hackles up again Just because Calif. contributes lots of mula to the fed doesn't mean they should be bailed out. After all, Calif. is the poster child for social experimentation gone bad. Bad behavior can't be rewarded. And it WAS bad behavior! Sometimes you gotta fail in order to get back up on your feet and become stronger the next time around. I wouldn't want Texas to be bailed out either. We need to learn from our mistakes. How about THEM apples

I love getting your hackles up

TexasBorn I agree 100% with you. I stated in my post I did not want California to be bailed out. My post was in response to this statement
    Sorry, but here in Idaho we are already paying more than we should for people in this country illegally because California legislators allowed this mess to get out of hand in the first place.
    Fact is Idaho receives $1.21 for every dollar their citizens pay into Federal Taxes. California receives $.78 for every dollar they pay into Federal Taxes. So I was just questioning how California is costing Idaho. I was trying to do it in the context of all of the U.S. rather than take on one particular person or state.

I am willing to sacrifice California if it will wake up the rest of the U.S. California cannot do it alone anymore than Texas can.

Don't worry TexasBorn I will openly debate with you as Californian's and Texans have always done. With a smile on my face. Just remember my daughter is TexasBorn, I have read her Certificate of Rights for a Daughter of the Lone Star State.

ReformUSA2012 wrote:
    We can't bail out bad behavior, end of story. Its not right that tax payers of 49 other states have to bail out a state that has the worst budget issues. Those voters belong to states that were a "little" more accountable up to those with just smaller issues that could be overcome w/o much sweat. Why should their money go to another state for its choices... and many of those were choices
    I agree with you, but my point is that California has over the years been contributing to other states for their choices. It is just too easy to put the spotlight now on California. It wasn't fair that Californian's received only $.78 worth of benefits on every dollar they contributed while states like New Mexico received $2.00 per dollar or Idaho received $1.21 for every dollar they contributed either. States clear across the U.S. have continuously in one way or another been bailed out by the other states.

I agree that California makes me mad. I am one that has been paying high taxes and has been affected by our stupid politicans, but I can't say that there are not other states that have not likewise made stupid choices. I guess it goes back to the saying the bigger you are the harder you fall and the bigger you are the more noticeable are your failures.

Banned
    Its easy to blame the feds , "LET THEM PAY FOR ILLEGALS" , Sure , but bottom line its all of us that pay,

The feds get their cash from us (or China)

Fox has been hitting this HARD

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    TexasBorn wrote
    Alright Sherry, now you've gotten my hackles up again Just because Calif. contributes lots of mula to the fed doesn't mean they should be bailed out. After all, Calif. is the poster child for social experimentation gone bad. Bad behavior can't be rewarded. And it WAS bad behavior! Sometimes you gotta fail in order to get back up on your feet and become stronger the next time around. I wouldn't want Texas to be bailed out either. We need to learn from our mistakes. How about THEM apples

I love getting your hackles up

TexasBorn I agree 100% with you. I stated in my post I did not want California to be bailed out. My post was in response to this statement
    Sorry, but here in Idaho we are already paying more than we should for people in this country illegally because California legislators allowed this mess to get out of hand in the first place.
    Fact is Idaho receives $1.21 for every dollar their citizens pay into Federal Taxes. California receives $.78 for every dollar they pay into Federal Taxes. So I was just questioning how California is costing Idaho. I was trying to do it in the context of all of the U.S. rather than take on one particular person or state.

I am willing to sacrifice California if it will wake up the rest of the U.S. California cannot do it alone anymore than Texas can.

Don't worry TexasBorn I will openly debate with you as Californian's and Texans have always done. With a smile on my face. Just remember my daughter is TexasBorn, I have read her Certificate of Rights for a Daughter of the Lone Star State.
    MontereySherry, just wish there were a LOT more like you in California
    Come on back to Texas when you get the hankerin'. We'll leave the light on for ya.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234