Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This fundraiser can't be more important than what Sessions can do for us. He has got to call off this fundraiser with Bush and go fight for us! I believe he would if we all call him on this. I don't believe he needs ANY help from Bush in raising funds. It seems to me that Bush would only hurt his efforts. Associating one's self with the bushwacker is like shooting one's self in the foot!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Someone should tell the Media. You would probably have to be able to verify the story. If it's true, MSNBC would have a field day with it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does anybody have a link confirming this?
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

April
    http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/06/bus ... _fund.html

Bushes to attend Sessions fundraiser in Mobile

Posted by Birmingham News
    President Bush and first lady Laura Bush will be in Mobile June 21 at the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center to headline a joint fundraiser for Sen. Jeff Sessions and the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Invitations were mailed Wednesday for the $1,000-per-person afternoon reception that will draw at least 700 people, according to the Sessions' campaign.

Sessions, R-Ala., is running for a third term, and the NRSC is the political committee that helps elect Republicans to the Senate.

The top 20 or 25 fundraisers, those who collect the most money from other donors, will get a private reception with President Bush. Also, those who raise at least $15,000 will have a photo opportunity with the president and first lady.

A donor's check goes first to Sessions' account, but if that donor reaches the cap of $4,600 for the cycle -- or $9,200 for a couple -- then the remainder goes to the NRSC. The campaign and the national committee will share expenses for the event, including costs for the use of Air Force One.

The White House has not announced whether Bush also will be attending an official or public event while in Mobile.

Mary Orndorff

THIS SUCKS!!!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Lou Dobbs mentioned this exact thing on his show tonight. There is talk that they're going to trying and "go around" Sessions on this bill.

I can't tell you how angry all this makes me. I have to leave my computer because my eyes start to bleed. I just want to scream. I am totally speechless at the reckless disregard Boosh has for this country. Nothing is sacred citizenship, chuck that out the window along with our sovereignty which is not far behind. Oh and the constitution - no problem - give me a match he can take care of that too- we don't need it anyway.

THIS SUCKS!!!!
    There is definitely an ebb and flow in the momentum as we fight for our country with calls, faxes, and e-mails. But as rough as things can seem we should never let unfortunate events shake our resolve.

My focus is on saving this country from its non-American plutocratic elite. I personally won't stop until either this bill is dead (for good) or Bush has signed it.

April
    THIS SUCKS!!!!

Yes it does, but we the people are going to win this with or without Sessions! Our spirit and determination is not dependent on any one thing or person. It is us as a whole that will bring down this travesty!!! Our desire to save our country is intact and will not be shaken. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Those who speak with Sen. Sessions office tomorrow about this, please post their response.

When I first read about this fundraiser a few days ago, I was somewhat surprised and even heard a NPR interview in which Sessions expressed his personal fondness for Bush (while still firmly opposing this bill) (see this: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... t=1&f=1001 )

Although I have no respect for Bush, I can accept that Sen. Sessions likes Bush personally but still opposes this terrible bill.

And before we assume the worst, it's unclear right now when any final vote would be. I know there is an energy bill they will be working and then the amnesty bill. I've read that any final vote would be before the July 4th weekend (AP: "The decision, announced by Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and his Republican counterpart, Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, envisions a final vote on the complex bill before lawmakers begin their Fourth of July vacation.")

So if Sessions is away for a day or two next week for the 6/21 fundraiser, while this could impact the debate, it seems he could still be around for the final week of June for any final vote (if it took place then and not before). Correct me if I'm wrong.

But I am interested in what his office says, so please call and post the response you get (and it's good that he knows we want him to be in the Senate fighting for us and our country!). He and Sen. DeMint are key for our side.

Banned
    Don't trust any Senator, they are all snakes!!! Look at Sessions other votes on Nafta, etc... He's dangerous and slippery!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast