Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I hear what you're saying Olivermyboy. I haven't analyzed Sen. Sessions' voting history, I just want him to stay strong against S.1348 and amnesty. He does have a good immigration grade from numbers:

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... AL&VIPID=6
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://sessions.senate.gov/contact.htm

I will not believe that he will turn his back on us at this time. I think everyone should contact him in a respectful way to tell him that we need him in Washington everyday right now, Every hour, every minute.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cannot believe that Senator Sessions does not see this President and his tratior Senators are using this fundraiser as a

DIVERSION!

We need to call him all day long!

The top 20 or 25 fundraisers, those who collect the most money from other donors, will get a private reception with President Bush. Also, those who raise at least $15,000 will have a photo opportunity with the president and first lady.
    This jerk would have to pay ME $15000 for me to allow him to have his picture taken with ME! Who the heel would want to be in a photo with him??? I might as well have my photo taken with Benedict Arnold!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Banned
    Anyone had any feedback from Session's office to know if this is true or not?

Ok, here's what I got. I'll try to be brief.

I called Senator Session's office today (6/15), and asked for the staff member who handles immigration matters. His name is Alan Hanson but he had just left for lunch. So I continued to speak with the staffer who answered the phone and she sounded knowledgeable about what's going on. I said that there are many of us around the nation who are counting on heroes such as Sen. Sessions and DeMint to continue to fight this outrageous amnesty bill. I said that I understand that Pres. Bush will be attending a fundraiser for the senator on 6/21 and my concern that this could interfere with him being in DC for the amnesty debate and any vote.

She understood what I was saying, and said the senator is concerned about this. Basically she said their office is chaotic right now, they're not sure exactly when the debate is coming back, it could be a week away, they are waiting to see how this (the schedule) develops and that the senator would be willing to put his schedule on hold depending on how things develop. I asked if this included the fundraiser - if this intefered with something important - and she said yes. (I get the feeling this depends on the time frame).

I reiterated for her to tell Mr. Hanson and Sen. Sessions on how much middle class Americans such as myself all across the country are counting on Sen. Sessions to so what he can to defeat this terrible bill. She was polite and undertanding to my concerns.

I would suggest that some of you call Sen. Session's office and ask to speak with Alan Hanson to express our concerns AND verifiy that the senator is willing to put his schedule on hold (i.e., 6/21 fundraiser) IF he is needed in the Senate regarding S. 1348. Please post response.

Banned
    Thanks Populist!

"This is despite the fact that the conservative leaders of the anti-amnesty movement are refusing to cooperate, and won't give Mitch McConnell a list of amendments that they want considered. My source tells me that the reason for this is that the game has now been rigged. McConnell is essentially promising to bring the amendments up in exchange for cloture votes, but he's publicly saying that they will strip any problematic amendments out in committee.

In other words, if the bill gets through the Senate and the House, the Democrats and the open borders Republicans will work together when the bills have to be reconciled in committee to strip out any amendments that the "grand bargainers" don't like. Therefore, at this point, it doesn't matter what amendments pass, because any tough enforcement provisions that slip through will be rendered toothless when the bills are reconciled.

My source also noted that the cloture vote to end debate will be the "real" vote on the bill because if debate is closed off, the bill is sure to pass. Then, what will happen is that the votes for the bill will be counted, and a few Senators who are afraid that their election prospects will be jeopardized by a "yes" vote, will be allowed to vote against the bill. This enables those Senators to tell their constituents that they voted against the bill, but it will still allow them to collect campaign contributions from lobbyists who have a better understanding of how things work, and know that the bill couldn't have been passed without their support".

Sorry I had trouble with the link. Goggle Right Wing News

Will see if I can find any other reference while I'm calling, but since demons have taken up residency in Bush and most of our Senate, I'm sure this is true about the fundraiser. Sessions made the comment the other day that Bush couldn't have read the entire bill. (He doesn't want to believe this after all the faith the base has had in Bush).

IF someone else can call Sen. Sessions office and speak with Mr. Alan Hanson (or another knowledgeable staffer) about our concerns on this thread, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Finnally got threw to Sessions office, I told staffer that i was concerned that he would be outta town when a Historical and Very Dangerous piece of legislation was being formulated in the senate, further stateing that it was his duty to the People of Alabama and the country as a whole to be there and this takes priority over a Political fund raiser. The staffer said he's getting alot of calls with these concerns from people and he'll pass it on to the senator. I also Contacted other American Legion members on this matter and told them to call.

Please keep call the Senators Office about this. don't stop!
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast