Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Military and intelligence cutbacks by Clinton becuase we didn't need them then.

Colombia?

The US should have sent troops to Colombia to FIGHT years ago. Not just train and advise! Drugs=$$$$$$$$$$$$$ It is a lot like immigration.

Our military has been there in Colombia for years.Colombia is a waste of money and effort.Our effort in Colombia has helped make Mexico into the #1 drug threat country to us in the world.

You do know that we have a huge selction of new recruits in America dont you? If an ILLEGAL doesnt have a recod they can become a US Soldier and become a US Citizen. Correct me if I am wrong.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Ya know.. I been hearing these things about how "all of our national guards are overseas" for quite a while, and I happen to know that is simply not true. Many of them are overseas, but not all, after all, I know of an entire battalion who are home right now... the 203d Combat Heavy Engineers. I think perhaps this "shortage" of national guard may be a bit overblown. I know the 203'd, which is right here in our area, cannot possibly be the ONLY unit still in the United States. The Reserve companies out of Joplin Missouri and Bentonville Arkansas, and their related battalions are also at home. This is no less than 3000 men in those and the 203d.

Before I buy into what I suspect to be Chicken Little nonsense about how we have no national guardsmen left, I would like to see some hard stats on just what units are deployed, and which are not. I have heard this before, generally out of people whose agenda was anti-Iraq war... and I know for a fact that we are not stretched so thinly as THOSE people would like us to believe.

Now, if the governors of the border states wish to take action without federal sanction, then it might be a problem as border states may be short of enough guardsmen to do the task. However, if we can get the Feds to approve, I fully believe there are enough units around the nation, who will all have to do their two weeks active duty, to fully man the border. Further, if we have federal involvement, it need not be limited to the NGs, and Reserve units can also be deployed.

However, as I have stated previously, I think military deployment is unnecessary and a total waste of taxpayers money, when the solution can be solved very easily for 90% of those coming across the border, simply by making it impossible for them to find work here. If we fine, heavily, and throw in jail, those who hire illegals... no excuses accepted, it is the employers responsability to make sure their worker is legal... then the VAST majority of illegals will stop coming.

It is my belief that there are those who would like to divide us who are involved in the illegal immigration issue by invoking the spectre of the Iraq war, or those who oppose the Iraq war, who are trying to exploit our particular cause to gain support for their anti-war movement. Until I see some hard states on which units are actually deployed to Iraq, and which are not, I am not buying into this.

Making it impossible to find work here is way easier said than done.As far as enforcing laws against hiring illegals,it may be easier to arrest and prosecute every drug dealer in America.

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    Making it impossible to find work here is way easier said than done.As far as enforcing laws against hiring illegals,it may be easier to arrest and prosecute every drug dealer in America.
    I do not know why it would be so difficult. Perhaps you might not catch the individual guys that hire someone for a day or such, but the ICE could probably net about 100 illegal aliens working for Tyson's this very minute in one plant. Make the penalty SEVERE, and set some examples.

So long as we allow the enablers to get away with it, and try to stem it at the border, it is simply the tail wagging the dog.

Our options are to be Pro-active, and remove the enticement for them to come.. or we can be REactive, leaving the incentive for them to come and then run around trying to stop them.

In some respects this IS like the drug war. Our money in trying to interdict drugs coming into the country is a waste of time, so long as the demand remains. Unfortunatly there is no real easy way to eliminate the demand for drugs. So long as the demand for illegal, cheap labor exists, then trying to interdict incoming illegals will be just as useless. However, identifying emplyers of illegals is much easier than identifying the users of drugs, since an illegal alien does not fit into your pocket like a pot pipe does. They are right out in the open, plainly visible, whereas people do not have their drugs plainly visible to the public. The drug war has demonstrated very well how pointless it is to try to stop the supply for a thing which there is a huge demand for. So long as the demand exists, there are those who will take the risks to fill that demand.

So far as I am concerned, anyone hiring an illegal is commiting treason. They are profitting from damaging their country. There was once a time when people who caused damage to this nation for profit were placed against a wall, or got a short drop with a sudden stop. Even if we had to throw EVERY employer in the U.S. into prison for this, it would still save us prison expsne since there are fewer employers in our country than there are illegals sitting in our prisons.

To me, militarization of the border is the THIRD step we should take, if it should still remain necessary at that point.

Step one, eliminate demand by prosecuting HEAVILY all who employ illegals. There should be jail time for all board members of any company found hiring illegals, whether the board member is aware of it or not. A $10,000 fine per illegal per day employed should also be imposed. I think if OSHA can catch companies and employers who have employees not wearing a dust mask or hard hat, then we are capable of catching those whose employees do not have VALID identification. This should be coupled with removal of ALL social safety nets, all tuition benefits, all welfare, everything.

Upon completion of step one, you will have eliminated, if not all, nearly all, incentive to even come here in he first place, since they cannot find work or benefits.

Step two, deportation of ANY illegal alien found. If needed, do it not by dropping them at the Mexican border.. load them on a troop transport and drop them at the tip of southen end of Mexico. Step one will end incentive to come here, step two will remove those who are here, and step one will assure that none have any reason to come back the next week after they have been deported.

IF, and ONLY IF, the first two steps do not work, then proceed to step three... militarization of the border.

There are a couple reasons why I do not support our advocacy of militarization of the southern border right off the bat.

If I have a problem, a busted part in a car for instance, and a mechanic tells me "It might be one of two or three things, but not sure which part will fix it for sure... and one part costs $50, the next $100, and the next $1000.. I assure you I am not gonna ask him to replace the $1000 part first. I will have him take the cheapest option, and work up from there as needed. The first step would cost us MUCH less than the third, and will in fact SAVE us money in benefits we taxpayers are currently providing for the illegals. That is the first reason I do not support going striaght to the military option.

The second reason I do not support going straight to the military option is that many people who are concerned about this issue, and sympathetic to our cause, will turn against us if we go to that extreme before we have tried other measures. A VERY large part of the population will support the first two measures, but will mark us, and our movement as a bunch of reactionary lunatics if the military option is the first thing we push for... and rightly so.

I don't think there's a single person in America that doesn't unknowingly contribute to employment of illegal aliens at least indirectly.If you bought anything at your local super market lately it's impossible to tell who owns what now days and it is big business that keeps the political protection for the illegals going.You'd have to grow your own food and hunt your own meat etc. to not put money in the pockets of illegals which of course is what keeps them here.

I don't think there's a single person in America that doesn't unknowingly contribute to employment of illegal aliens at least indirectly.If you bought anything at your local super market lately it's impossible to tell who owns what now days and it is big business that keeps the political protection for the illegals going.You'd have to grow your own food and hunt your own meat etc. to not put money in the pockets of illegals which of course is what keeps them here.
    You are probably right about that, I have little doubt. But those who are handing them the cash, and signing their paychecks, damn sure know about it, and those we can do something about.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    You are probably right about that, I have little doubt. But those who are handing them the cash, and signing their paychecks, damn sure know about it, and those we can do something about.
    Quite true Quixote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast