Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Giffords and the others who were victimized deserve these prayers, but Napolitano, Holder, Obama . . . where were all these people when Agent Terry or Robert Krentz were killed by illegal aliens? It's funny that not one of them showed their faces when that was going on, let alone even make some statements of sorrow. This Obama administration makes me sick!
    A member of the political class, one of their own, and a distinguished supporter of their agenda (the judge) were harmed in this event. I may not agree either and also feel it is somewhat hypocritical.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Banned
    And who will shed a tear for every American killed by an illegal alien

I hold several of the people speaking tonight responsible for their deaths

Hypocrites

Banned
    Obama must have a good PR group who wrote this "speech" Do they think we dont remember that Brewer has been begging him to come to Arizona? It took this "photo op" to get his butt on the plane and head to the desert. I want to see how they twist the fact that the intern/paramedic that saved Giffords was hispanic, because you know that is the next angle they use.

Whatever face they have put on it I think there are certain politicans that have felt beat up and under attack by the American public. They are really afraid of the anger of the American people. They found this avenue of expressing their fears. Look how fast they jumped to the conclusion that this had to be the act of some right wing extremist. They have allowed those fears to take control and now everyone of them is playing the victim.

Banned
    What kind of service is appropriate for the Arizona shooting victims? By Jennifer Rubin
    President Obama travels to Arizona today for a memorial service for the victims of the Arizona massacre. The Post reports on the details. "The service is set for 8 p.m. Eastern time at the University of Arizona's basketball arena, the school said. It will include a Native American blessing, a moment of silence, a poetry reading and the presentation of a chain featuring messages from members of the public, the school announced." Does all of this seem appropriate to the occasion? Frankly, it sounds kind of weird and unserious.

A Republican, a former White House official, spots a typical advance planning snafu. He surmises, "I'm sure this was the plan when the memorial service was being designed by some vice president for community affairs at the University of Arizona. Then the president decided to come, and a few hours later, a White House advance team showed up. Right now, I'd bet that advance team is insisting on the presence of a priest, a minister and a rabbi -- and is trying to figure out if they can ditch the Native American component without causing a fuss." He suspects, "They're also getting to work editing the 'chain featuring messages from members of the public.'"

Unfortunately, I'm not able to make the trip to Arizona. But a plane-load (at least) of reporters will be going along. Is this game plan really going to stick? Or are there more sober heads and anxious staffers scrambling to redo the event, to lose the kitsch and to come up with something that more closely resembles the sort of memorial service the public has become accustomed to? I'd welcome some reports from the White House press corps on this one.

Finally, on a more positive note, maybe the president has learned something over the last few days. The New York Times reports:

President Obama will focus his speech at a memorial service in Tucson on Wednesday evening on the victims of the attack and on the idea of service to the country, avoiding any overt commentary on the debate over violence and the nation's political culture. Instead, Mr. Obama, who was still working with his speechwriters on his remarks on Tuesday, will call for unity among Americans, while trying to honor the victims, including their service to government, as an example to all Americans. He will share the anecdotes about the victims that he has learned during private phone calls to the families, aides said.

But only "overt" commentary? Let's see if he can avoid not-so-overt commentary too.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right- ... rop_1.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    I agree justthefacts that the person that opened this so called memorial was a complete joke In my humble opinion. Obama and his minions have decided to politicize this tragedy In a most distasteful way. This was an Insult to American citizens all across America. He kept stating that he was of mexican ancestry,and this Is not about him or his ancestry. This Is about the massacre of 6 American citizens,and the wounding of a member of congress. God was replaced by some sort Of Indian/ mexican false Idol that Is evidently revered by "his people".... truly amazing
    What on earth were they thinking with that opening ?

I sat here going , OH crap , I'm going to explode and get kicked off the site

Banned
    I think that certain politicians feel that this strikes a little close to home, and they want to hide their betrayal of the American people by calling all resistance to their agenda "hateful rhetoric" and restrict our rights so they can continue with business as usual,by saying a few flowery words embracing God .Doesnt ring true to me!

Michelle Obama is holding Mark Kelly's hand and his arm with her other hand. They are calling Daniel Hernandez a hero and he is. I don't care if he is Mexican descent. He is still a hero. Half my family is Mexican descent too. The lead surgeon speaking from the hospital, Dr Rhee, is some kind of Oriental descent. I could tell by the way he used his English, despite no accent, he places his words differently than a native English speaker. He served in our military and attributes some of his unique skills used in this circumstance to new protocol developed on the front lines. Arizona is a diverse population. We always have been. In recent years we have become increasingly diverse. We have the Lost Boys of the Sudan, Bosnian refugees, All kinds of Africans, Katrina refugees - we have people from all over so to call us bigoted and prejudice just really P***** Me OFF! Maybe our guests for this memorial will look around and realize that our adversity to the illegals from south of the border is not borne of prejudice but of common sense and our own needs.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Banned
    I grew up in Arizona and I know they have been very tolerant of all nationalities, It is this administrations way of making the rest of the nation think that all Arizonans are crazy militia members,trying to attack the poor Hispanics while they are picking the cabbage,that Americans wont pick!

Banned
    I could only watch this for a few minutes before feeling absolute rage . From what little I saw it looked more like a pep rally than a memorial service, what with all the clapping and cheering from members of the crowd there. Outrageous!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast