Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    I could only watch this for a few minutes before feeling absolute rage . From what little I saw it looked more like a pep rally than a memorial service, what with all the clapping and cheering from members of the crowd there. Outrageous!!!
    This was a political event,IT WAS NOT A MEMORIAL SERVICE I feel so sorry the grieving family members that could conceivably come away from this event with a very hollow feeling . I was In utter disbelief with the opening of this "EVENT"...

Banned
    I agree 100%,is this a campaign rally!!!!

Banned
    I actually had to change the channel...... I could not take It any more....

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingcitizen
    Obama must have a good PR group who wrote this "speech" Do they think we dont remember that Brewer has been begging him to come to Arizona? It took this "photo op" to get his butt on the plane and head to the desert. I want to see how they twist the fact that the intern/paramedic that saved Giffords was hispanic, because you know that is the next angle they use.
    Maybe it was a good excuse to get away from the cold and snow.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    All I know is that I wouldnt feel comforted by this "ceremony" if I were grieving for a loved one

JAK
    Everytime I hear these people speak, obama, napalatano, holder... all of them...

I hear:

It's okay if we take your rights away from you by sneaking through bills that betray the American people, by votes for that bill with "PORK" (which is bribary, and is SUPPOSE to be illegal!) allow a massive invasion of our country... ship our jobs to other countries, trade with communist countries that poison our pets food, our childrens toys, etc., etc., etc.,

Then trying to blame this tradgey on Palin, Limbaugh, Beck... and others...

such hipocrites!!!

I Hear:

It's okay if we take away your rights as long as we make it appear as doing it NICELY! ...and take every ounce of freedom of speech away from you to fight against it!!

If the congresswoman would have been republican it would have had the same outcome, I'm sure.
    This man is CLEARLY insane!! He didn't even make sense in the things he said and wrote.

I still feel this was more political than about the people who lost their lives and those who wer e injured.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of the CNN commentators said the opening was a bit "jarring." The NDN's were here first. Arizona is NDN country. We honor and celebrate our NDN heritage as much as we can while allowing them their nation within a nation status and not infringing on their privacy. Unfortunately our NDN heritage also means money in terms of tourism. I'm thinking of Buffy St Marie's words, "Now that my life is to be known as your heritage." Even the retaining walls of some of our freeways have NDN style decoration on them. I personally was totally not offended or jarred.

I don't know too much mystical supernatural stuff but this is all very storybook. The little girl that died in this event was born on 9/11/01. Gabby Giffords just opened her eyes for the first time to see President Obama in her hospital room. There is a lot more storybook mystical about this whole event to even an ignoramus like me but later for that. Not germane to this forum.

Haven't been to many memorials but must say that all were highly political and not comforting to family. More feels like people tooting their own horn than consolation for a loss or even celebrating a wonderful life. Even who gets to go is political. In other words I don't think I know what proper memorial should be. I always saw the politics overwhelming the spirituality.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I didn't watch it. I do not listen to Obama. I can keep the victims and their families in my prayers without his urging or assistance.

Banned
    Very strange memorial
    A bit more like a libtard pep rally.
    Thank God I do not have a emotional disconect as I saw and heard
    this evening.
    Maybe its just me.

i watched it all and dont have problem with any of it.
    well, almost.... I think i would have rather seen arizona US Senators speaking instead of Holder and Napolitano. The clapping sounds like it was mostly started from the Univ. or Arizona students.
    I HAVE NO PROBLEM with the clapping and cheering when he said that Gabby has opened her eyes for the first time. THAT is just fantastic news

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast