Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    To be accurate, Obama is a bi-racial president. Most Americans are bi-racial because American Indians are considered another race and most of us running around are a little bit Indian or Other. I've heard people say that Thomas Jefferson was part black. Who really knows? Doesn't really matter.

A math teacher could have a degree in History. They put them in positions that they may not be trained for.

I would call the school and ask that the teaching staff stop persuading your children on how to vote and that your election values will be taught at home. Then call the school board, tell them you don't want teachers influencing your children about candidates or parties, that's something you can do at home.

They can teach them how to vote, about the two party system but not about candidates or platforms.

They wont let you pray in school but they want to peddle party influence at school.

Dixie
    ALL Black Americans are "Biracial" as a result of their ancestors being raped by White slave masters, however, it didn't negate the fact that throughout the history of America we have always and continue to be referred to simply as "Black" or African Americans.

If Obama is considered "Biracial", why are the rest of us only considered "JUST BLACK?" Sorry folks you can't have it both ways.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

To be accurate, Obama is a bi-racial president. Most Americans are bi-racial because American Indians are considered another race and most of us running around are a little bit Indian or Other. I've heard people say that Thomas Jefferson was part black. Who really knows? Doesn't really matter.
    I put on MSNBC's newsvine a comment that Obama was not truly African American, but bi-racial , and the comment was deleted.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nobelium
    I just did a search on Google and the following came up:

Black People And Their Place In World History.
    This is exactly what this math teacher was making reference to.
    1. Thomas Jefferson
    2. Andrew Jackson
    3. Abraham Lincoln
    4. Warren Harding
    5. Calvin Coolidge

I have never rerad such disgraceful material in all my life. Why is it some minority groups seem to think that the majority is hiding the truth from everyone?

Just thought I would throw this bit of internet UNTOLD HISTORY in too. Did you know that paswt Popes were not white as we have been led to believe? This web site claims there were actually three black Popes and apparently the Catholic Church has hidden it from us all.

http://www.holyangels.com/black.htm

A lesson my son is going to learn from all of this is to always question everything you hear; and never take anything as fact you read on the internet or in a book. Any one can publish what ever they want in either sources.

I have done some bibliogical reaseach on all of the individuals listed above. There is no reason to believe that any of them would be anything but anglo. The only rumors I have read were of Calvin Coolidge having grandparents from an African Tribe. But Coolidge made claims they were from American Indian tribes.

I am going to have a long talk with the school principal next week when my football season ends tonight and I have time after school to deal with this nonsense.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I have to agree with WhatMattersMost, calling one person Bi-racial and another person Black just hits me wrong. Are we suppose to use the term Bi-racial when we know his history, and just Black if it's a random Black person walking down the street? On that same post, I have a VERY hard time believing that ALL Black Americans are Bi-racial because their ancestors were raped by White slave masters. Not only is it hard to say every rape resulted in a child (what about the men as well?), but there are plenty of people who have migrated here since slavery ended. This is going to far, we could waste our time on this stupid "Is he Black or Bi-racial?" discussion or try to focus on real issues..

We are all part of a MAJOR piece of history here. He is going to be consider the first Black President of the USA no matter what. Now, his color doesn't bother me... but his politics do.

I thought he was teaching math?
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by nobelium
    I have to agree with WhatMattersMost, calling one person Bi-racial and another person Black just hits me wrong. Are we suppose to use the term Bi-racial when we know his history, and just Black if it's a random Black person walking down the street? On that same post, I have a VERY hard time believing that ALL Black Americans are Bi-racial because their ancestors were raped by White slave masters. Not only is it hard to say every rape resulted in a child (what about the men as well?), but there are plenty of people who have migrated here since slavery ended. This is going to far, we could waste our time on this stupid "Is he Black or Bi-racial?" discussion or try to focus on real issues..

We are all part of a MAJOR piece of history here. He is going to be consider the first Black President of the USA no matter what. Now, his color doesn't bother me... but his politics do.
    At one time it was refered to as "Partial".
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~tmarsh/engl413/One%20Drop%20rule

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Constitut ... p_rule.htm
    GREAT LINKS! Living in the South for a good while I have heard this "one drop rule" mentioned many times.

You know, if this rule is what we go by in the US, then we need to change the classification of people here from Brazil from Hispanic to Afro-American. Many there are a mix of Portuguese and African. I don't imagine Brazilians will be happy about this one.

I am part American indian and part Scottish. I wonder what in the heck that makes me. Wait......seems some of my relatives were related to George Washington too. Could it be.........
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Unless the one-drop rule had anything to do with calculating the ratio of black, white, native American, Asian, etc. blood in a family through the generations, it does not belong in a math class.
    I would visit the teacher, not to confront him on his beliefs about the five presidents, but why race is even part of a teacher-student(s) relationship in a math class.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya know, we're all Americans here. The hyphonated American crap has got to stop. Who cares what color a person's skin is. Afterall, we all bleed red reguardless. I grew up 3rd generation American, and never did anyone in the family refer to us a German-American, or Polish-American, or AustroHungarian-American, or Prussian-American, or Ukrainian-American. They called us American. Just that, plain and simple. American.

I didn't support or vote for Obama as I do not agree with his poicies or his politics. But if someone like Terry Anderson would have run, that would have been a different story. Not because of skin color, but because of political ideas, and agreeances.

Now there's an idea for those playing chaulkboard. Get the Constitution Party to have the first woman president, or vice president, and the first speaker of the house to be of African, or Asian backround.

Oh ,and you can fill the positions however you see fit to best suit how you would like to see it. Or better yet, how about the first female president of African ancestry, or Asian ancestry.

We'll top this single party with two heads and get something done for a change in meantime to boot. That way, nobody can cry foul.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast