Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Wyurm wrote:

I understand not only what Ron Paul is proposing, but how he can make it all happen.
    You're one up on me. I hear a lot of campaign rhetoric from Paul on how he thinks things should be, however, I've heard very few details on how he hopes to accomplish his dreams for a better America. Does anyone really think he can get Congress to go along with abolishing the IRS and Federal Reserve? Heck, if Bush can't get an amnesty through Congress, how in the world do you think Paul is going to abolish the IRS and Federal Reserve? It's not going to happen. How about securing the border? Remember, he has actually voted against fencing the border in the past and placing our military on it. Exactly how does he plan on securing the border? What's he going to do about the 20-30 million illegals currently residing in the United States? Remember, he's voted on amnesty before too. Now for the big one, has he laid out a detailed plan on how he expects to exit Iraq? It's easy to say cut & run, however, that's not a plan, and in my opinion it's certainly not a viable solution at this point. Heck, the bulk of our troops could actually be out of Iraq before the elections - a lot can happen in a year. Personally, I think Ron Paul is all smoke and mirrors (no need to get defensive, it's just my opinion ). I agree that it's past time for our country to take a different direction on a lot of issues, however, I'm not so sure Ron Paul is the man that can make that happen. As Sen. Vitter's said during the last attempt at comprehensive immigration reform - the devils in the details. Now, how about getting Paul to provide some details so we can check for devils.

By the way, I'm sure glad President Franklin D. Roosevelt didn't share Paul's thoughts on non-intervention in 1944.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

At first I was going to vote for Tancredo because of the illeagals now I'm leaning more towards Ron Paul.
    Without the tax funded goodies (we know the list I don't need to repeat it here), gov subsidized sanctuary cities, armed citizens do you really think the illegals will stay here?
    I don't in my heart believe they will. Before the gov subsidized ...fill in the blank illegal immigration was very very low and the people who were here had something to offer.

R.Paul stands for gov at a minimum and a dollar backed by gold or something tangeable(sp). For example a well made suit has always cost the equivalant of an ounce of gold.

Plus I am just enough of a conspiracy theororist to think that this flood of unskilled crimmigrants is being forced upon us to break the will of the skilled american worker. It's pretty hard to be self sustaining when you don't own your house, your yard isn't enough to feed your familiy and you need to work for what you can get to survive.

Has anyone but me noticed that the farms producing the food you eat are no longer owned by families but corporations capable of being paid off?

Without getting out of the rat race the next step will be the 'skilled' illegal immigrants, then management and higher professions and so on until we are all living like slaves.

That is why Ron Paul has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 5
    At first I was going to vote for Tancredo because of the illeagals now I'm leaning more towards Ron Paul.

Without getting out of the rat race the next step will be the 'skilled' illegal immigrants, then management and higher professions and so on until we are all living like slaves.

Ron Paul has voted "YES" many time to allow "skilled" immigrants on visas to take jobs from Americans whereas Tancredo has always voted "NO"

Paul want's "True Free Trade" with no goverment control at all
    What will happen - corporations will run the world
    Same story - different players

Listen to Ron Paul - he doesn't fully address the illegal alien issue

Tom Tancredo for his passion to Save America! And my God do we ever need saving.

Hunter and Paul second/third choices.

I'm leaning toward Paul because I think the GOP is going to nominate another Bush therefore Paul, with his grass roots funding, will run as an Independent. Paul will recieve continuous funds all the way to the white house .

My opinion:
    In the debates he will rip the Bush like Republican and Hilary (Bill signed NAFTA) on NAFTA, CAFTA, etc... the war in Iraq etc... He will slam Hilary with her lack of Constitutional knowledge and unConstitutional voting record.

Paul will get a lot of votes from Democrats and Republicans and might even make sure Nader is in the debates! Also Paul will get a lot of Mexican and Black American votes because of his principles and consistency of voting as per the Constitution, the Bush like Republican and Hilary will be in an up hill battle with their lack of Constitutional credibility.

All the younger 20's crowd I've spoken to are impressed with Paul and want a country for their kids to enjoy, not foriegners, not the NAU, and not paying 50% or more in taxes for more social programs or policing foriegn countries.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

MW
    sturmruger wrote:

Paul will get a lot of votes from Democrats and Republicans
    Paul will not get a lot of votes from true conservatives. However, he will get the small Libertarian portion of the Republican Party.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re:
    Answer: the death of the modern nation-state. In my eyes, a very, very bad prospect indeed.

Multi-nationals are extremely dangerous to modern states; especially to those that have pluralistic or democratic forms of self-governance.
    (Yes, I'm an unapologetic non - Free Trader; eg. Globalism = bad).

For those with an interest in history - related to the present discussion...
    I went and found a good link to a book I've read on this very subject:

"The Arms of Krupp, 1587-1968: The Rise and Fall of the Industrial Dynasty" By William Manchester
    Update: Duh, I forgot the link - Doh!!! Here 'tis:
    http://www.amazon.com/Arms-Krupp-Indust ... 0316529400

Please continue to keep the conversation civil folks, thanks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Quote Originally Posted by 5

Ron Paul has voted "YES" many time to allow "skilled" immigrants on visas to take jobs from Americans whereas Tancredo has always voted "NO"

Paul want's "True Free Trade" with no goverment control at all
    Same story - different players

Listen to Ron Paul - he doesn't fully address the illegal alien issue
    He most certainly does address the issue of illegal immigration. Check out his website. He has his 6 point plan under the immigration link.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

How long before the primaries or we know who the contenders will be ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234