Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

butterbean's account is suspended pending the decision of the moderators. Since Bbean has participated here for a long time he/she will be given a chance to explain these comments that appear to be racist or racially insensitive on the surface and a moderator vote is required.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a distaste for mixing clergy and politics, regardless of what side they come down on.

Although, I will note that the so-called religious right receives a disproportionate share of obloquy, considering the fact that large swaths of our culture are under perennial assault by the religious left, e.g. the Western branches of the Anglican Communion, the Communist National Council of Churches, atheist Bishop John Shelby Spong, Eugene Robinson, Catholics For Choice, ad nauseam.

The Roman Catholic Church is completely wrong in this instance, as they were in the priest pedophilia coverup scandal. Remember, the laity brought them to task for their weakness there. They should do the same here.

Until they abandon-or modify-their open borders stance they should be considered, de facto, our enemy, not our ally.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned

Re: but Protestants do get involved in politics

Quote Originally Posted by artclam
    Strange but when I open my eyes I see more Protestants and Jews getting involved in politics than Catholics. Protestant clergy have been involved in politics since before the beginning of the country; some of them signed the Declaration of Independence. We even have a national holiday named after one of them--the Reverand Martin Luther King.
    We're not talking about involvement in politics. We're talking about a foreign government, which is what the Vatican is, trying to undermine United States law for its own financial benefit.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Crocketsghost, thank you, that is exactly it!

As for the issue of ANY religious groups involvement in politics, if they want to keep their tax-exempt status, they need to get their hands out of poltics. Church I have attended will have informational meetings during voting time, only to allow ALL the issues and ALL the candidates to be discussed, so the responsible voter can have a chance to understand things clearly, so THEY will know what they want, or who they want to vote for. This is as far as my church will ever take it.

The Catholic church is looking to overturn the increasingly non-Catholic and non-religious population into a minority, so the new population majority will be their own. In other words, they are trying to push out non-Catholic Americans to replace them with Catholic Latinos.

Since many Catholic Americans may have been "disenchanted" with the Catholic church because of all the abuse scandals, quite possibly they feel a need to support the illegals, although they are supporting law breaking, so those pews can be filled again.

As for the abuse in other religions, it happens, and it is just as wrong, but, make sure you have real numbers to back up what you are saying:

and you do know that protestant ministers have a higher % of sexual abuse? probably not. that doesn't mean they are wrong in theology or why i'm not protestant, but is the truth. look it up.
    Have real numbers and articles to back up your statements on these issues, otherwise you are inviting trouble within the flock here, and I would have to suppose this is not where you'd like to start with this crew.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    I think the catholic church would like to regain it's former influence. And what better way than to bring in a large very catholic population that has a huge repoduction rate.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

As a "recovering" Catholic, I find that their views are nothing to be surprised about. During the 1970's, Roman Catholic assistance money was found to be buying weapons for the Santinesta's (sp) in Central and South America. These are the same people who view every life as a valuable but allows their priests to fondle young men and women. So, they won't get any sympathy from me. Their stance on Illegal Immigration however needs to be challenged by everyone...including ICE!!

As for the tax exemption, the Roman Catholic community has lots of friends in congress...so that will never be an issue. But public embarrassment is the way to curb their support. I am willing to bet that some of the immigrants who pass through their "safe houses" are the very criminals who the U.S. officials are looking for??? I wonder...

The Inquisitor's
    and i am glad you aren't a practicing Catholic (you will always be one til the day you die)
    Is that a "rule" of the Catholic Church's ? It is QUITE AMAZING, I don't know of ANY other church in America with more "RULES and LAWS" than the Catholic Church. If you want to marry a non-Catholic you have to pay some money and attend a lot of classes first, baptize the baby...pay some more money and attend some more classes first. First Holy Communion for the children....pay some more money and attend some classes first.

The Church "does not open it's arms unconditionally to the people to participate on Sunday as a Catholic". FIRST one must meet the demands and qualifacations set forth by the church.

Strange. Why not reach out and say Come one, come all. Wouldn't that be what Jesus would do ?

Would Jesus say, "Pay me some money and go to these classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights for six weeks, even though you both work all day and have children to feed, bathe and do homework with and then I'll accept you.

Has anyone ever dealt with trying to get their child or children into Catholic School ? WOW. If you don't believe that the Catholic Church is all about big business look into that. ONLY those who can afford to give the most on Sundays will be given favor as to who will attend the Catholic School. Where's the "open arms philosohpy" there ?

They will EVEN take Non-Catholics in the community who can AFFORD to pay before a Catholic family who attends that Catholic Church regularly but can only afford to give so much.

Money talks with the Catholic Church, not Jesus and that is WHY so many Americans who are Catholic have left the Catholic Church. Go to any Baptist, Presbyterian or Christian Church and guess who's there !?!

ALL THE CATHOLICS !!

P.S. If a person wants to be Catholic, why not just go to the Catholic Church tell them your baptismal certificates got washed away at your Catholic Church in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina ? If it's okay to become an American Citizen by undermining the immigration laws of the United States, why shouldn't it be acceptable for people undermine the laws of the Catholic Church in order to become Catholic ?

They'll understand. How to become a Catholic overnight should be as easy as how to become an American citizen overnight.

Oh....just for the record, I was baptized as a Catholic when I was 6 weeks old and grew up in a Catholic family that followed all the Catholic rules.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What in the WORLD did Butterbean say that would create a situation that would get him/her banned? That sounded pretty innocuous to me. And, true for that matter.

you could be a very good dem and be pro-life or a very good rep and pro-choice. and yet, when my bishop speaks out on abortion, the world is coming to an end. there are hardcore conservatives that for amnesty and hardcore liberals that are anti-amnesty. is not really taking political sides.

and what kills me is that when you see black ministers (famous for this and nothing against them) in their actual church clothes at their church at their actual service actually endorsing a political candidate. and nobody says anything. honestly.

First Holy Communion for the children....pay some more money and attend some classes first.
    as a sunday school teacher, i can tell you we don't get any money. the money goes to turn on the lights. trust me, the church doesn't really make any money for this.

we don't want for people to just show up and get service. baptizing your child is not just some event. the parents are asked to do certain things. they are told to teach the children the faith. to raise saints. the family is a mini-church. and the church wants to make sure that the parents understand what they are doing.

we believe that one you are in the church, you will always be part of it like or not. is like if your father is a muslim, you will die a muslim. if you mother is a jew, you will die a jew.

Off topic discussion

It seems this topic has become a general forum for attacks on the Catholic Church. I see comments on financial policies, political status, educational policies, and sexual misconduct. How about instead of attacking the Catholic Church we attack illegal aliens?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast