Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2ndamendsis,

Sure glad you didn't touch that you had me worried for a minute!!

Guess I still under the learning curve.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Can you imagine all of us at the same dinner table?!?!?

W
    FOOD
    FIGHT
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    2ndamendsis,

Your doing great American Made. Don't let the others scare ya. Getting the hang of things here is easy for most people. Most of the people that have gotten into hot water have messed up pretty bad. Now, most will claim after the fact "I didn't do nothin!"

I bet this is an especially tough issue for you being Catholic... it is very close to home so to speak.

The only advice I have for everyone is to always qualify what we are saying. Not all Catholics and not all of the Catholic church support illegals. There is a war brewing inside the church over this issue.

It is human nature for us to look and try to identify our opposition in groups, but terms like Hispanics, Catholics, Jews, Republicans, Democrats, etc... none of those terms really work in this situation.

I always try to say some Catholics or many Catholics. By adding a qualifier of some, many, most, quite a few, a minority of, etc... I find we can describe what we want to say more accurately and without offending whole groups of people that would otherwise share our cause.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    2ndamendsis,

Your doing great American Made. Don't let the others scare ya. Getting the hang of things here is easy for most people. Most of the people that have gotten into hot water have messed up pretty bad. Now, most will claim after the fact "I didn't do nothin!"

I bet this is an especially tough issue for you being Catholic... it is very close to home so to speak.

The only advice I have for everyone is to always qualify what we are saying. Not all Catholics and not all of the Catholic church support illegals. There is a war brewing inside the church over this issue.

It is human nature for us to look and try to identify our opposition in groups, but terms like Hispanics, Catholics, Jews, Republicans, Democrats, etc... none of those terms really work in this situation.

I always try to say some Catholics or many Catholics. By adding a qualifier of some, many, most, quite a few, a minority of, etc... I find we can describe what we want to say more accurately and without offending whole groups of people that would otherwise share our cause.

W
    When discussing official church policy, it is probably best to say "the Vatican" or "the Church of Rome" rather than saying "Catholics."

It's rather akin to having someone from another country say, "Americans made abortion legal," rather than saying that "the United States Supreme Court has ruled that abortion is not only lawful, but a fundamental right." Americans are certainly split on the issue, but the fact of case law remains.

I think that most of us understand that no group or institution is monolithic, and that the most one can generally point to is official or de facto doctrine of the governing bodies while understanding that anywhere from a handful to a majority of the constituents of a given body may not agree with that doctrine. This is one of the reason that I bristle when immigration is made a partisan issue and people speak of punishing an entire party for policy statements made by one or another of the spokesmen for that party.

Good point Crocket and William. It is not the Catholic people, it is not Hispanic people it is not the general population of the people who are to blame.

It is the "leaders" the "decision-makers", the "people in power" who are responsible for allowing and ecouraging wrong-doing. That is who we are angry with.

All we ask is for them to encourage respect for our laws and for the upholding and enforcement of our laws. It is important because these laws exist for important reasons, mainly the safety and well-being of the citizens of a country. That country happens to be our country.

RE: American Church

Imagine my SHOCK to find that "quite a few" Parishes were preaching about opening the borders and taking care of ILLEGALS during mass!

Let's call a spade a spade.......the American Catholic Church, for the most part, is calling for open borders and Amnesty for Illegals. I've not yet heard of any Bishop or Cardinal standing up and stating that this is not an issue for the Church to be involved in. They're using the "human rights" argument.

Also, GHOST, I won't say the following as fact as I didn't log it and am going by memory, but I remember reading something concerning the Vatican supporting the ILLEGAL's plight. It's not just wacko Cardinal Mahoney that's got fingers in the pie of greenback.

To be specific, every parish/dioces that is involved in this political battle should have their tax exempt status revoked yesterday. They would be breaking the law.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    RE: American Church

Imagine my SHOCK to find that "quite a few" Parishes were preaching about opening the borders and taking care of ILLEGALS during mass!

Let's call a spade a spade.......the American Catholic Church, for the most part, is calling for open borders and Amnesty for Illegals. I've not yet heard of any Bishop or Cardinal standing up and stating that this is not an issue for the Church to be involved in. They're using the "human rights" argument.

Also, GHOST, I won't say the following as fact as I didn't log it and am going by memory, but I remember reading something concerning the Vatican supporting the ILLEGAL's plight. It's not just wacko Cardinal Mahoney that's got fingers in the pie of greenback.

To be specific, every parish/dioces that is involved in this political battle should have their tax exempt status revoked yesterday. They would be breaking the law.
    You are correct. I believe that the Church of Rome officially refers to unbridled immigration as the ''sacrament of unity.''

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Exactly, if this church is promoting Biblical principals, then they would never think of helping those who have broke the law. It does not mean you will not help them to be fed, but that should be part of the process of them telling those illegals to go back because they cannot support them breaking the law.

I know for a fact, if the Independent Fundamental Baptist church I have attended was confronted with a group of illegal aliens who were fresh here and said they were hungry, needed jobs and a place to live, that said church would say "we'll get you something to eat, but we will NOT help you anymore than that because you have broken the law and we are subject to the laws of the land we live in." This is what the Catholic church should be doing.

Not a single American will allow someone to go hungry when they know of it, but to help them stay here, against our laws, is a criminal act and a federal offense, so it should be for the Catholic church. Knowing that they do this, against the laws, tells me they have other motives. Because if they read the Bible, and preach the Bible, then they must uphold the principles which Jesus taught about obedience to your government, but also the disciples did too. So what do they teach there anyways? Is the Bible just a subjective book to which there are some "nice" ideas in it? If they say they believe it is Gods Holy word, then they would never consider breaking the law, or aiding someone to break the law, they would encourage those people to do the right thing, go back and wait for permission.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    BTW this statement I make is about the governing body of the Catholic church, I can say it with conviction, as my sister is a Catholic and I am an Independent Fundamental Baptist (yep, this can be pretty interesting discussions at the family gatherings), and we both agree illegal immigration is out of control and no one should be helping them along when they do get here, she said many people she knows feel the same.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am SHOCKED that Butterbean has been BANNED. She has been here probably as long as anyone on the boards and I have NEVER seen her say ANYTHING that would warrant her being banned. What a SHAME. I still don't see what she said being so terrible OR worse than MANY other things I have read here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast