Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I am SHOCKED that Butterbean has been BANNED. She has been here probably as long as anyone on the boards and I have NEVER seen her say ANYTHING that would warrant her being banned. What a SHAME. I still don't see what she said being so terrible OR worse than MANY other things I have read here.
    It was her choice, Eagle.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe I'm missing something but was she even given a CHANCE to THINK about it? It just doesn't seem right and I think she has been a valuable member from what I've observed.

Bbean has declined to await private moderator vote by her pears
    PEERS?????? Freudian slip?

Maybe I'm missing something but was she even given a CHANCE to THINK about it?

What do you think?

It just doesn't seem right and I think she has been a valuable member from what I've observed.

PEARS?????? Freudian slip?

Your point?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Never mind. You would have to think about it.

I've got to say a few more words about the Roman Catholic church here. I saw a post that talked about rules they uphold, etc...yes, they talk a good game. I also saw a post that said they wouldn't be supporting some of the causes unless the Church was benefitting from it. Oh definately! First off, the collection plate would be fattened if a good portion of the illegals (who by the way a majority attest to being Catholic) would settle here and attend services. Just think, "Blessed be the poor and meek as they shall inherit the world...".

Again, the Roman Catholic Church if full of hypocrasy...living in sin? Well, a $50.00-100.00 contribution will get you forgiven. Divorced and not a celebrity? Contribute $2500.00 and get your marriage annulled (it might take about 5 years). Oh wait, your a celebrity? Contribute $25,000.00-50,000.00 and get your marriage annulled directly from the Pope (within say...2 weeks).

Just look what the Roman Catholic Church stands to benefit by if all of the illegals are allowed to stay or become citizens. They look like the hero standing by the illegals, and stand to gain financially at every turn. You want to call a spade a spade? Then the Roman Catholic Church would be the new oppressor of the illegals...what control they would have???

Sorry for the soapbox, but someone needs to do something about this.

To the person who said something to the effect that we should accept people because Jesus loves us...well said, however, the reality is driven in greed, influence, and control. While that statement is not characteristic of the average Priest who really believes...it is the corporate, more senior level leadership that makes these mistakes (I don't want to stereotype all Catholics in this light).

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    2ndamendsis, I want you to know, I have learned my lesson, I am not touchng this one with a ten foot pole!

Maybe I'm missing something but was she even given a CHANCE to THINK about it? It just doesn't seem right and I think she has been a valuable member from what I've observed.

PEARS?????? Freudian slip?

the church is in an interesting position since it is an international church. in some countries they run the country. in others is underground. is not like the southern baptist convention that has most of its members in the south. is a hard balance to maintain. they see an injustice and they are dealing with it. the bible says certain things. the church understand them in a certain way. they are just doing what they think they ought to do.

Steve and Pete King know more about what it is to be Roman Catholic than some pinhead like Senor Mahoney.
    the good cardinal is a borderline heretic and i have a deep mistrust and dislike for him when it comes to theo issues. i look more towards Rome.

and by the way. one could a catholic in good standing and have your views in immigration. while i won't judge butterbean and don't know his heart, one cannot have that kind of views for the wrong reasons. is okay to have these views because you think is wrong and you want the rule of law.

is like one can't be a good catholic and be for abortion, but one could be for the death penalty as of now. is a dogma issue.

and don't worry, is a also a bigger fight in the church too. some priest say that we can't judge or know the full story. that God is love and and one must love crap. just because i love my neighbor, that doesn't mean that the affair they are having is good. or just because one had a lousy childhood gives you a free-pass to do a sin. if one needs to steal to feed one's family, one must do it. but that doesn't mean it was correct. some who are abused as children tend to be more unfaithful, but that doesn't mean that the affair is good. as you can see, i am a bit more pre-vatican II.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    See Inquisitor, I am an INDEPENDENT BAPTIST, big difference as far as I'm concerned. This leaves the control of our own church's choices, in OUR hands, not the Vaticans across the ocean, and not some guy in Georgia or whatever.

We could debate theology all day long, and probably find many things we can agree on, bit one thing I do believe in as a Independent FUNDAMENTAL Baptist, the Bible is very exact, if the Lord commanded, "Thou Shalt Not Steal", then He meant it, in EVERY circumstance. What happens when a person claims to be a good "Christian", yet says they stole because their family was hungry, that person had zero faith in Gods ability to help them. That is how Fundamentalist believe, there is no fudging on what the Bible says.

So if some illegal says he/she is a good Catholic, yet steals using the excuse they were hungry, then I say to them two things, 1: Stealing is wrong, there are alternatives when you are in need, especially in America, 2: If you claim to be faithful to God, then you have to let Him take the lead and provide what is needed to feed your family, He has never failed to provide the basics for us to live, He will never let the faithful down.

I am tired of this business of politicians in Rome making decisions attempting to influence our sovereignty and our process, it is 100% wrong of them and Vicente Fox.

I would never blame individual Catholics because that would be wrong, and think many of them must really be getting fed-up and frustrated. I sympathize for them. This is why, though, I belong to an independent church, this takes the politics out of it, and puts it in the perspective the apostles had in the beginning, locally run churches, following the lead and example of Jesus's teachings and life, and also that of the apostles.

Sorry not trying to be a preacher, I just feel sometimes people do not quite understand the huge differences in belonging to an affiliated group of churches, versus independent ones.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345