Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes, don't let up and remember if it passes the Senate it still has to pass the house, and that won't be easy. These congressmen/woman are all up for re-election every 2 years and they are not in such a big hurry to go out and face people campaigning with amnesty over their head. I'd like to see Bush twist the arm of 435 people up for re-election.

It still would be easier on us to stop it in the Senate, so lets keep at it!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Rockfish, I am very very depressed right now. I feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the fight we're immersed in, and absolutely terrified that we might lose. I'll fight to my dying day, but I feel way too many Americans are asleep on this issue, and when they eventually wake up, it might be too late.

Too many Americans are still not yet affected (or at least they don't realize they're affected) by illegal immigration. But if this bill passes, the changes in our country will be swift and pronounced. Just wait until upper middle-class neighborhoods are inundated with poor Mexicans and Central Americans...all of them here now legally, and all of them able to get mortgages for nicer homes. How? Well, many banks allow up to 4 primary borrowers on one single mortgage loan. So you get Jose, Juan, Enrique and Alberto to all go into one mortgage loan, and BANG! They qualify. Then they move their families into the house, and you have 20 people living in a 3-bedroom house. Then, this once lovely upper middle-class neighborhood becomes overrun with live chickens running around the street, beat up old cars parked on the lawns, mariachi music blaring, trash everywhere....you get the picture.

And when Spanish is the only language you hear anymore, and you can't get treated in emergency rooms because there are lines of poor people waiting to get their hang nails removed...

And when your job is gone...taken by an illegal. Well, what then?

All these sleeping Americans are going to wake up and say, "What the hell happened?". But it will be too late.

I'm truly depressed. If I was a drinking woman (which I'm not) I'd get drunk right now.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Remember, tomorrow is round one of this renewed battle, the first of two cloture votes. Of course, it would be good if we can kill it then, but if not, the fight is far from over:

Here is a good synopsis of the process & politics from the National Review; note point three:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... FkYmIwMjA=

Also, I heard Congressman John Campbell (Republican) on the Hewitt show today, who agrees with most Americans that the Senate bill is an awful amnesty bill. He said a group of GOP Congressman are working to send the Senate a message that their bill will not pass in the House (hopefully) so they shouldn't bother walking the plank on an unpopular vote. And David Drier (another House Republican) said the GOP Conference is meeting tomorrow and will draft a brief resolution to go on the record that they do not support the Senate amnesty bill. Basically the message that this would be unwelcome in among the GOP on the House. (and Pelosi is saying she wants 50-70 GOP House members).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thanks rockfish, it ain't over till the fat lady sings

or Kennedy sings Uncle

The smug OBLer on my local town board feels it's already a done deal.
    At any rate, I'll be glued to my tv and alipac tomorrow.

Palomablanca
    Advanced Member
    1597 Posts
    Posted - 06/25/2007 : 16:05:36
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you been watching what's cooking in the Senate lately? It this dear old 'cross-the-aisle' bill goes through, this whole 287(g) thing will become moot and the term 'ICE men' in Waukegan and Zion will refer to 'Good Humor' salesmen!

Old 'Teddy Bear'(Kennedy) got it right (possibly for the first time!): all the opposition can do is come up with what they don't want, but not one constructive proposal to a problem that simply won't go away.

It should win by default....

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp ... ichpage=11
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cheer up, you guys!

I have a feeling that the Republicans are up to something to kill this bill. By voting yes on Cloture, they get to debate their amendments, knowing full well the Grand Compromisers won't let them pass, which will give the Republicans the right to vote the bill down in the end.

But we're going to keep pounding them anyway.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    By voting yes on Cloture, they get to debate their amendments, knowing full well the Grand Compromisers won't let them pass, which will give the Republicans the right to vote the bill down in the end.
    A vote for cloture is a vote for amnesty. Plain and simple. If they get to cloture they have the votes to pass - if they continue the debate we have a chance. That's all that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by VaMinuteMan
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    By voting yes on Cloture, they get to debate their amendments, knowing full well the Grand Compromisers won't let them pass, which will give the Republicans the right to vote the bill down in the end.
    A vote for cloture is a vote for amnesty. Plain and simple. If they get to cloture they have the votes to pass - if they continue the debate we have a chance. That's all that needs to be said.
    I agree VAMinuteman.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Somehow I still have faith. With all the people in our country who are so angry about this, and with all the senators we have who are good, decent, law-abiding, all American "LEADERS".............I just still have faith.

Between Senator Sessions (Rep) and Senator Dorgan, (Dem) there is still hope. I believe that they will rally their fellow senators to stand up and fight for America.

Re: Cheer Up Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by VaMinuteMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Let's not forget about the senator who wants to vote YES on cloture so that he can add an ammendment to strike a path to citizenship from the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    The final bill is really the key. There's going to be a lot of people who aren't satisfied on it but who voted YES on cloture.
    These senators are banking on you thinking that way. It's a procedural tactic to confuse the electorate. They aren't stupid - any vote for cloture is a vote to allow the illegals to be legalized. I don't want to hear any excuses later down the road. That junk sounds like a Republican party damage control to me and you can ship that down the river. Cause I'm not buying it.
    VaMinuteMan--I hear ya loud and clear. I agree that nipping this thing in the bud by getting cloture turned down is the way to go, but it may not go that way at all. All I'm saying is that even though there are some who would mislead us, we still have to have faith in those who are genuine in what they say and they may either vote NO for cloture or against the final bill. We know there are those who will play the tactics you talk about, but there's nothing we can do about that. I am in no way trying to persuade anyone here from blindly placing all of their faith on what every Senator is saying. We must simply have faith and continue our onslaught of calls and faxes and let them know we will not go quietly into the night without a HELL of a fight! Have heart, stay positive!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I think we just have to focus on our path and stick to it. No matter what their vote (though we WANT NO!) we need to make sure they know that we will hound them till they leave office if they betray us. Then we work on damage control, if we have to, but I feel that we have to focus on being positive.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast