Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

China

Without going into a lot of depth, as it is easy enough to research the topics I just want to point out a few things.

1. Part of the reason I have heard for our spiked gasoline prices is supply and demand created by colosal Chinese development. They are simply inflating the market by their demand.

2. A third of every dollar earned on exported items goes to finance it's army.

3. China as "Kings of the North" figure in to end times Bible prophecy.

4. There is a Christian revival happening in China today, the church has to remain underground, but like all persecuted churches, that's when they grow the most.

A lot of interesting things going on in regards to China.

Just a few things to think about.

As to my understanding, the main cause of the spike in gasoline prices has not a single thing to do with crude prices or availability... it has to do with the fact that we have not increased refining capacity by building a single refinery since the 1960's. We have probably three times the vehicles on the road as then, if not more, but the same refining capacity. Ya can thank guys like the Sierrra club for that.

DQ--The Sierra Club is not responsible for over-consumption of fuel in the United States. Gasoline and fuel prices world-wide have been impacted by the new demands from China and this does affect the crude oil prices. Crude oil prices impact prices at our pumps but are only part of the problem at the pump. As you point out there is need for more refinery capacity in the United States, but the Sierra Club is not the reason there has not been a new refinery built in the United States to increase capacity. The oil companies planned their capacity based upon population estimates. The increase in demand in the United States is the result of an unexpected, unplanned population bloat which increased fuel consumption beyond the forecasts.

Specifically, today in 2005, the United States has 50,000,000 more people than it should have had by 2005. These extra 50,000,000 bodies represent x amount of cars that were unplanned; x amount of heating oil that was unplanned; x amount of trucking shipments that were unplanned; x amount of additional homes requiring energy that were unplanned. We exceeded our planned population by 50,000,000 which is one-sixth of the US Population. That 50,000,000 is the result of illegal immigration and all its spawn.

Environmental laws in the United States are necessary to our survival. If Exxon can afford to purchase Mobile, then Exxon can afford to increase its capacity. If Chevron can afford to buy Texaco, then Chevron can afford to increase its capacity. If Phillips can afford to buy Conoco, then Phillips can afford to increase its capacity. Refineriens are expensive, but Mobile was more expensive. Refineries are expensive, but not as expensive as Conoco. If you can afford to buy Texaco, then you can afford to build a new refinery or two.

Watch out for the lies! All just part of blaming the good guys to cover their tracks when they "create" a crisis for a price hike to line their pockets with your money...it's what they live to die for. May they do the latter well.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I do not claim environmental laws are the only cause.. but they are a big part of why new refineries have not been built. Everyone agrees we need them.. but nobody wants it in THEIR backyard... kinda like with prisons. I have also witnessed a great deal of hairpulling over pissant issues by environmental groups which was later, in restrospect, shown to be a waste of time and lots of money.

Expansion of many existing refineries is out of the question, as many are already in cities and have no avaliable room to expand.. the only option is NEW ones... and meeting environmental standards, impact studies and whatnot... is virtually impossible. If it is a simple thing for a company to wade thru environmental concerns, then it should be even easier for a government to do so since they are the body that originated the laws, right? But I have seen a desperately needed hiway expansion here allowed to drag on for 20 years beyond what it should have, at the cost of 85 lives within an 18 mile stretch... all for some blind little cave fish that nobody ever heard of and was not even on the hiway path... only near it.

Re: China

Quote Originally Posted by Berk
    2. A third of every dollar earned on exported items goes to finance it's army.
    You sure it is not more? Last time I heard.. and granted it was a few years back, 2/3 of all chinese factories were owned by the PLA.

Not that it really offsets all that you listed, and I probably feel pretty much as you do about China, but not ALL is bad there. Private Property ownership is now allowed there, which is at least ONE step in the right direction. Private Property is anathema to communism.

Right DQ....plant site locations are a complex issue. It's what I've done for 30 years. You don't wake up one day and say, Gee...looks like we need another plant NOW because, gosh, look at all these people we've got around here. You plan them 10 to 15 years ahead of time based on population and other demand criteria, including buying the land that meets the site criteria and logistics for delivery of the refined product. Any site critera for any new operating facility involving chemicals or petroleum products located near a port or oil receiving source which is almost always near a waterway if not off an ocean port then a major river, will require an environmental impact statement in the United States. That's been the law for more than 30 years. So, they've had plenty of time to plan and acquire the sites that comply with the regulations not to mention 30 years of "earnings" to accumulate the funds to underwrite them at whatever cost is required to do it right. Whatever their cost is, is merely passed on to the consumer.

These are the Globalists....trying to end our Nation and make us Slaves, so I wouldn't shed them too much sympathy at the expense of the Sierra Club who is merely trying to preserve a livable ecological system for future generations.

Just my humble opinion having worked for DuPont when it owned Conoco.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am not going to dispute what you say about oil companies.. I am no fan of theirs either. But environmental groups (btw sierra club was simply the first that popped into my mind and is by no means meant to be singled out) have led to a lot of the problems we have as well. I have watched our river turn from a beautiful biodiverse tourist attraction, to a nearly dead, shallow, algae blooming mess, because EPA and DNR regs forbid the very activities which would help to sustain the river. I have also watched people die, with my own two eyes, on the highway that environmentalists have blocked improvements on for 20+ years.

Perhaps you could get your environmentalist buddies to direct some concern about the ecological impact of illegal immigration on our southern borders. Maybe they would like to come down to my beach and clean up the beer cans and dirty diapers the mexicans have been leaving each weekend, so I do not have to.

NOTHING is being used to further the goals of globalism more than the environmental issues.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Did some Googling and came up with a few interesting articles about refinery shortages.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102031/

The Great Refinery Shortage
    America needs oil. You'd rather have a beach condo.
    By Daniel Gross
    Posted Tuesday, June 8, 2004, at 2:53 PM PT

There are plenty of reasons gas costs so much, but one of them is that the United States doesn't have enough refineries. The National Petrochemicals and Refiners Association says that the last new refinery built in the United States was Marathan Ashland's Garyville, La., plantâ€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DQ--I just noticed you are from Missouri!! That is my home state. What river and what highway?

Elk River and US 71 in s/w missouri

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast