Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conyers petition to censure the President

http://johnconyers.com/index.asp?Type=S ... 02D5149%7D

I found this on another board tonight. Do with it what you will.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I vaguely remember talk about this back in the '90s, don’t remember which side was advocating it though. After looking into it I have found there is no provision in the Constitution of the United States that allows for the censure of a president or vice president.

Article II, Section 4 states, "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Impeachment and Removal from Office is the ONLY authority any of US have over a President or Vice President of the United States.

You can not "censure" a President. Why would you want to? Why would you allow someone you want to "censure" to remain in the Oval Office of the United States, the most powerful position in the world?

If you don't like him, don't trust him, you must eject him.

That is why we have the authority through our Congress to IMPEACH and REMOVE FROM OFFICE.

Dennis Hastert is your next President to finish the term of GWB.

Ask him, will you serve the American People as their President until 2008 when a new election can be held? Will you honor your oath to enforce our laws, uphold our constitutation and perform the duties required of President at this time? Will you order troops to the borders? Will you start prosecutions of immigration law breakers? Will you vigorously round up and deport foreign nationals in this country in violation of US Immigration Law? And if he says yes, then Dennis Hastert is the next President of the United States.

Make It Happen and Do It NOW!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK OK. I just offered the link. I'm not for impeachment, censure or any other thing as it applies to the President other than demanding that he settle down and do his job instead of acting like a spoiled brat.

And have you heard anything about Laura Bush lately? I kind of like her. I think she is crazy to be married to George but I sort of like her. I wonder if she is as ashamed of him as we are. Can you imagine what that dude's mother is thinking with him standing up telling lie after lie?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I signed the letter supporting it to show support for removal of this pair of Traitors from our midst.

I suggest you all do the same. The more support for any effort in this direction by anyone is support to those trying to help us save our nation.

This is beyond party politics, liberals or conservatives, GOP or Dems.

This is about saving America.

Support every Congressman who for whatever reason wants this pair out of office.

Start studying Dennis Hastert. He is Speaker of the House of Representatives and would move to the position of President upon Impeachment and Removal of Bush and Cheney.

The MSNBC Poll on another thread is showing 85% support for the Impeachment of George W. Bush. I have no doubt an equal or higher percentage would support the Impeachment of Dick Cheney when the question is posed.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you Junius for posting this letter for us all to see and support.

Junius, understood. Many still support the man for reasons only they understand.

This is America and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-3968-reporters.html

This is the research I did on illegal immigration in the Spring of 2005.

It's titled:

FOR REPORTERS: THE TRUTH ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

I'm going to retitle it:

FOR AMERICA: THE TRUTH ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

I signed the letter, too. I agree with you, Judy. Censure is not the answer. IMPEACHMENT is the only way to dump the dummies. I AM for impeachment because, after 5 years of screwing the country up SO BADLY that it is barely recognizable, just "telling him to do his job and quit acting like a spoiled brat" ain't gonna cut it.

I really USED to like Laura a LOT. AND, she is still a lovely lady BUT anyone who would choose a cocky, arrogant man like her husband MUST have some serious flaws in judgement.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I can't say I support the man but I do support the office and it is part of our government. The less disruption the better. As for impeachment, I can't see where it would do anything other than take the attention away from the fact that nobody is doing a damn thing to run this country. That is the part that bugs me. I'd rather see our government settle down to governing and stop playing silly games!

I view Bush the same way I view a kid with a learning disability who belongs in say, first grade, but has been passed along to sixth. He can't stay focused on a problem, he can't grasp the problem because it is above his learned skills and, as a result, he disrupts everyone else by constantly employing "the sky is falling" tactics.

To keep clamoring for impeachment or for censure or for removing him from office any other way is sort of silly. Do you really want to take the next three years to argue over whether or not he should be there or do you want to get things done? It has become very obvious to me that we can't do both.

On the outside chance that there is anyone left in the senate with enough influence to steer this ship in the right direction, I'd rather just do that than seek something nearly impossible and put a stranglehold on the government in the meantime.

I understand people's frustration. I understand why people want him out. But the only presidents I have seen leave office during their term were Nixon, who resigned in the face of adversity and those who died in office. I don't want any president to die in office because that is way too disruptive to this fragile government. And I don't see Bush resigning because he is not only a disruptive, rebellious child, he is a tenacious one.

Yes, we made a terrible mistake by not voting for that third party and making a new start. But the way to fix it is to find better candidates for next time while we do the best we can with what we have (which, I grant you, isn't much) this time.

That is just how I feel about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast