Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guys, they didnt know of the error until they applied for citizenship. Ever seen a visa application???

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Whether they were married or not had nothing to do with them getting here.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

I'm sure they were informed of the requirement to contact the proper authorities in the event there was a change of status. How do we know the original intent was not deception? Like other posters have suggested, I suspect the feds know more about this than is being revealed in the article. Additonally, doesn't anyone think it odd that the parents completed and filed the paperwork for two consenting adults? If my calculations are correct the couple was in their 20's.

When you fill that paperwork out you send it to the embassy which handles it from there (VERY slowly back in the 70's, remember no internet.) Then you got a response. So im wondering what "authority" you are referring to.. Was that just a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    cayla wrote:

I can't see them being deported if the story they tell is what really happened. There is a whole lot more here that we don't know about.
    After reading the story, it seems very plausible that these folks purposely filed fraudulent visa applications. If that's so, they need to be deported, regardless of their history in the country. There should be no amnesty to those who enter the United States fraudulently. IMO, absolutely nothing separates an illegal immigrant from one whom enters under false pretense.
    There was nothing fraudulent in their application. It's more a focus on the fact that they failed to update them. In immigration the lines are very thin. Their case was herd, but their representation was botched. Thats prolly what makes me so mad when i read this story because the judge would of prolly ruled in their favor. Our judicial system is the balance to our black and white policies. When it works, its a beautiful thing.

I work in a hospital in Philadelphia and in the past 10 years 65% of our health care system has been downsized and merged due to the fact that there aren't enough doctors to go around. Thats because they are always being sued out the a##... This one seems to be a very successful doctor who is doing his job as a parent and as a professional.

ooo I just found out a juicy detail about why they aloped..

Apparently, the wife's father was a POW in WWII and was a survivor of the Bataan death marchhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March .

So he was a little weird in the head and very strict. When he found out that Pedro was dating her, he threatened Pedro to either marry Salvacion or never see her again. So they married.

Bataan Death March (didnt know what this was all about until i wikied it)

chubbs1900, et al.

I'm risking going off-topic here, but I would like to add this info to help provide some background and context...

Yes, the Bataan DM was bad, very very bad. I met a Marine that was captured in the Philippines and he lived through that - plus years of captivity... and survived to tell his story.

Every American should know the history of the US forces fighting in WWII. While much attention has been given to the European theater of operations against the Germans (and secondarily, the Italians, Romanians, Vichy French, etc), not enough attention has been paid on the experiences of the Pacific.

For example, here's one simple statistic that speaks volumes...
    The comparative survival rates for captured US POWs in WWII were as follows: in German custody: approx 95%, in Japanese custody: approx 50%

At the same time, we should also recognize the truly significant help our military people received from the Philippinos themselves. They were instrumental in providing 'underground' and guerilla efforts in dealing with Japanese. This is also a facet of WWII that has generally been under investigated and underreported [IMHO, of course].

OK, having said the above, I suppose we should get back to on-topic now, eh?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="nntrixie"]Yes, I do think there are things that are not being told here.

Why did parents fill out the papers for adults?

I can answer this one.

I am hoping to receive a green card within the next couple of months. I will be submitting a family based petition on my son's behalf even though he is 23. I will have to petition on his behalf because the process for my residency has taken almost eight years and he has 'aged out'. Every person, even if they are an adult has to have a petitioner to submit for them. That is why parents fill out papers for adults.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbs1900
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/11681737.html
    I would suggest to those who want these people deported, READ THE ARTICLE LINKED ABOVE!!!

This is absolute insanity, folks. The phrase "Cutting off your nose to spite your face." comes to mind....

I have mixed feelings but they should do very well in the Philippines considering the benefits they have received from this country. This is not the first time something of this exact nature has happen. A few years back in Calif. Done quite often to Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbs1900
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/11681737.html
    I would suggest to those who want these people deported, READ THE ARTICLE LINKED ABOVE!!!

This is absolute insanity, folks. The phrase "Cutting off your nose to spite your face." comes to mind....
    You're right, pinestraw. This is really one sad case.

Can't they get an H1A visa? For highly skilled and needed employees? But I guess in the eyes of DHS, lying means no more chances, huh. Very sad.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

The only reason why they are so afraid to go back is that they cant bring their two younger children with them. Kidnapping is one of the most prevelant crimes in the Philippines... Once they hear he is a doctor from the US, his family would be a target.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast