Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

am i an american

well betsy you ask me Im an American? people in this forum amaze me. I think reason people hate me is because most of members here drive foreign made cars and I painted them unpatriotic. Well dont i deserve credit for driving all american cars and being a better american than someone who gave up on american manufacturing and bought a foreign made car? you tell me.

dont try to discredit me because you are not able to digest the truth in my post. I had someone ridicule me and said Ford is a dump and he is proud to buy an american made toyota. how bogus.

My position is always clear.

Im an anti globalisation advocate. I think dollar should be weaker. I think imports should be expensive. That is the sole reason for manufacturing jobs leaving america which concerns me and outsourcing that concerns you. American made products will be more expensive but it guarantees jobs for american bluecollar workers. If dollar was weaker then foeign workers will not be rushing here.

So I urge you and everybody to show your support for american manufacturing with your purse and words. You can lobby and fix your problem. Manufacturing jobs can be saved only if customers insist on american made products.

well betsy you ask me Im an American? people in this forum amaze me. I think reason people hate me is because most of members here drive foreign made cars and I painted them unpatriotic.
    No one here hates you.

But You're statements are foolish and unsubstantiated.
    Some think you're extremely dense and speak without thinking.

For instance, this statement here is just plain stupid. And that's the story
    I think reason people hate me is because most of members here drive foreign made cars
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

why not..

1. Im employed in the auto industry. To me driving a foreign made car is unpatriotic especially when american manufacturers are struggling.

2. You are from the computer industry. Dont you think a manager who hires a foreign worker over an american worker is unpatriotic.

So statement 1 is foolish but not statement 2. Why because statement 1 does not affect you.

This is what im trying to tell everyone. Just as a foreign worker takes up an american job, a foreign made product takes up an american job too. And I guess im not doing so well convincing or just that people are not seeing my point.

Somehow imported products are considered less threatening, but imported foreign workers are. But they both take away american jobs..

someone please dispute me on the above.

Re: why not..

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar
    1. Im employed in the auto industry. To me driving a foreign made car is unpatriotic especially when american manufacturers are struggling.

2. You are from the computer industry. Dont you think a manager who hires a foreign worker over an american worker is unpatriotic.

So statement 1 is foolish but not statement 2. Why because statement 1 does not affect you.

This is what im trying to tell everyone. A just as a foreign worker takes up an american job, a foreign made product takes up an american job too. And I guess im not doing so well convincing or just that people are not seeing my point.

Somehow imported products are considered less threatening, but imported foreign workers are. But they both take away american jobs..

someone dispute me please.
    Do you not read what you right?

BTW, don't tell an AMERICAN what they can and cannot purchase, drive, fly or eat.

Americans prefer to make their own choices. We love our FREEDOM.
    Don't you?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    BTW, don't tell an AMERICAN what they can and cannot purchase, drive, fly or eat. Americans prefer to make their own choices. We love our FREEDOM. Don't you?
    Well how will you feel if employers say that to you..

don't tell an AMERICAN EMPLOYER who they can employ or not employ. American employers prefer to make their own choices. They love their freedom to recruit foreigners over americans. Don't you?

so i take it then you respect the right of employers to employ a foreigner over you. then what in the world are we fighting for in this forum.

By goodness, I'm an American that doesn't shop at the $1 store because it's nothing but crap from China!

Dixie

BTW, don't tell an AMERICAN what they can and cannot purchase, drive, fly or eat. Americans prefer to make their own choices. We love our FREEDOM.
    Don't you?
    This only confirms my worst fears that when the manufacturing worker class asks for the support of the white collar workers, we aint getting it.

You are focused on your problems here I understand but our causes are linked. Divided we fall.

By the way thanks Dixie. If more people have this awakening, we can set this right ourselves. We dont need George Bush or his incompetent treasury secretary who goes begging china

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar
    BTW, don't tell an AMERICAN what they can and cannot purchase, drive, fly or eat. Americans prefer to make their own choices. We love our FREEDOM.
    Don't you?
    This only confirms my worst fears that when the manufacturing worker class asks for the support of the white collar workers, we aint getting it.

You are focused on your problems here I understand but our causes are linked. Divided we fall.

By the way thanks Dixie. If more people have this awakening, we can set this right ourselves. We dont need George Bush or his incompetent treasury secretary who goes begging china
    How silly

But since you're such a grand mind reader, do tell me what vehicle or vehicles I drive and what goods I purchase.

April
    2ndamendsis wrote::

BTW, don't tell an AMERICAN what they can and cannot purchase, drive, fly or eat.

Americans prefer to make their own choices. We love our FREEDOM.
    Don't you?
    Absolutely, Sis and in case you have not noticed Blue Collar, GM and Ford are no longer American made. They laid off thousands of workers and have moved most of their factories to Mexico out of PURE GREED! Honda and Toyota have moved factories in the US giving Americans jobs while GM and Ford have almost moved entirely to Mexico.

bluecollar,

Please respond to my previous post.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    bluecollar,

We have two Chevy trucks & an Oldsmobile. We are a blue collar family.

Perhaps you can help with something I can't seem to find out anywhere. Is the an American car/truck, made with American parts that is assembled in America? Completely 100% American?

We'll be in the market soon for both a car & truck. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast