Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    matthewsclosedborder wrote:

What I'm getting at here, is the fact that this Amendment increased the fine. Also the fact that it was done by 59 votes Yeah. But we will see. We got 2 more days this week, with all of another to hit this thing.
    Yeah, it only got the 59 votes because Kennedy told Sanders the "Pact" (originators of the amnesty bill) wouldn't support his original request of $10,000. So, in order to save the bill the fine was dropped from $10,000 to $5,000. I seriously doubt it would have got voted in if Sanders wouldn't have came down on the fine amount. Kennedy and Specter are twisting arms all the way on this amnesty bill.
    Thanks, I did not know that. Still we will fight it to the very end.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    They're following this closely as you may imagine. Here are some snippets:

He did mentioned that, companies with less than 2500 employees would pay only half of that $8,500.

Still that is outrageous to think that, H1B employees (employers) should bear the burden of paying for scholarships for american students.

His office not picking up phone calls, No way to leave a VM. [Cornyn]

Song satire:

And I wish I was an American where at least I know I’m free.
    OR at least I was an illegal, since I'd get amnesty.
    After years of being legal, I still wait in line today.
    ‘Cause there ain’t no doubt, they wana kick us out... God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
    across the plains of Texas, we are sick of our H1 -B,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
    Well, there’s sadness in every legal's heart,
    and it’s time to stand and say:

True lets start a drive to cancel our memberships and write to them about being anti-immigrant members (lets also target those idiots like Hira). I felt cheated for being an IEEE-USA member for 8 years.

Thanks for the realization. They screwed us with our own money and memberships.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Nothing abt us. He said, It is extremely unfair for the undocumented people to jump the line on those who respected our laws and staying patiently in line.

But He didn't mention anything abt EB, he is all talking about Family backlogs..

It is horrible and sad that the future of thousands of LEGAL immigrants are in the hands of senators who dont think of reality. Sorry America. We are not the lossers. America is the looser.
    Where did you find it? I dont think these immigrants can do anything. We have votes and that matters.

This is from over on immigrationvoice.org, an organization primarily for people from India, or so it seems. They have fundraisers just like us (only they haven't met their goals, we have), and a while back they were planning to hire a prominent lobbyist to represent their views to "their" representatives, thus giving them more access to OUR representatives than we have.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

send the h1bs back

Betsy.. Im assuming we are in the same boat, like me you must have been replaced with H1b too.

Once we pack these h1bs off we will get back the good old days of big pay packets for IT workers. For all fellow americans who keep arguing oh we wouldnt have google, we woldnt have intel if we dont have h1bs, i dont care if google or intel was an american company, i care about my job.

I was making a 100k in bay area before these H1bs came and took it away. we should not allow ppl of foreign origin like google founders to start companies in america. If the founder of the company is a h1b the company will be sympathetic to h1bs.

if foreigners want to start companies here they should give assurances that they will hire only american workers. If american workers like me dont get the benefits what is the use of google being an american company.

Ps: google rejected my application, im sure the place is crawling with h1s.

It is good to finally find someone who thinks like me. what can we do to stop the h1b program? the 5000$ H1b fees is not enough. The employer will bill it to the h1s who will still be wlling to work for 50k instead of 55k

manufacturing jobs

Where were you all when we in the manufacturing community was screaming for help from fellow Americans.

Manufacturing employs a lot more than computer techs. Why is loss of manufacturing jobs almost never receives any attention. Like it is a lost cause.

Why because my fellow americans have betrayed us. You all hung us out to dry. You are drunk on cheap cheap cheap chinese made products.

if u are an american first support get manufacturing jobs back into the country. shame on people who drive japanese cars. shame on people who have filled their houses with chinese made products.

Re: manufacturing jobs

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar
    Where were you all when we in the manufacturing community was screaming for help from fellow Americans.

Manufacturing employs a lot more than computer techs. Why is loss of manufacturing jobs almost never receives any attention. Like it is a lost cause.

Why because my fellow americans have betrayed us. You all hung us out to dry. You are drunk on cheap cheap cheap chinese made products.

if u are an american first support get manufacturing jobs back into the country. shame on people who drive japanese cars. shame on people who have filled their houses with chinese made products.
    Blue collar, I think you would find quite a few allies here. Aside from a couple exceptions, Alipac seems to be ardently opposed to globalism. We need to get back our high tech jobs AS WELL AS our manufacturing jobs. Its not our "obsession" with cheap Chinese sh*t, its that the greedy corporations make everything there, so we have no choice.

Ya heard of Duncan Hunter? I think you might like 'im.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

bluecollar,

Welcome to Alipac!!!!!!

BFR is right. We realize what buying crap from China has brought us and what we have lost.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

manufacturing workers and techs will have to fight together

all manufacturig jobs are gone. now we have to fight for the remianing jobs with unskilled quest workers.

american public including people in this board and american employers. you both are greedy and put your cost savings in front of America.

now you are upset american employers are betraying american tech workers over cheap labor.

you are no different. you betrayed the american manufacturing workers and grabbed cheap foreign made products over american made products

how many of you drive japanese and korean cars. GM and ford will not exist anymore in 10 years. if there are real patriots out here post a classifieds to sell your foreign made cars and post a link here.

we the blue collars of america are asking the white collars to make hard personal sacrifices and bring manufacturing jobs into america. let me see if the patriotism of the white collars stops at just defending "white collar" jobs.

Re: manufacturing workers and techs will have to fight toget

american public including people in this board and american employers. you both are greedy and put your cost savings in front of America.
    Bluecollar, I take exception to the tone of your post.
    The people on this board are here to correct an unfair situation and to resolved our H1-B visa, guest worker and illegal problems. We are not greedy and you might want to watch the sweeping generalizations. You have no idea how we conduct our personal lives, what we purchase or what we feel about any given situation. But if you stick around and read, I think you will see we are making progress by learning from one another and acting on behalf of our countrymen and our country.
    The people here are action oriented and not here just to vent.
    I hope you will stay and fight with us and not fight against us.
    PAF

Re: manufacturing workers and techs will have to fight toget

all manufacturig jobs are gone. now we have to fight for the remianing jobs with unskilled quest workers.

now you are upset american employers are betraying american tech workers over cheap labor.

you are no different. you betrayed the american manufacturing workers and grabbed cheap foreign made products over american made products

how many of you drive japanese and korean cars. GM and ford will not exist anymore in 10 years. if there are real patriots out here post a classifieds to sell your foreign made cars and post a link here.

we the blue collars of america are asking the white collars to make hard personal sacrifices and bring manufacturing jobs into america. let me see if the patriotism of the white collars stops at just defending "white collar" jobs.
    BLUECOLLAR
    take a step back please and take a breath BEFORE you post.

I'm sure that your intention isn't to insult the people on these boards...you're brother and sister Americans.

IF it is, then this is NOT the place for you and we'll have to ask you to leave.

YOUR CHOICE

thank you

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast