Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTechie
    Betsy.. Im assuming we are in the same boat, like me you must have been replaced with H1b too.

Once we pack these h1bs off we will get back the good old days of big pay packets for IT workers. For all fellow americans who keep arguing oh we wouldnt have google, we woldnt have intel if we dont have h1bs, i dont care if google or intel was an american company, i care about my job.

I was making a 100k in bay area before these H1bs came and took it away. we should not allow ppl of foreign origin like google founders to start companies in america. If the founder of the company is a h1b the company will be sympathetic to h1bs.

if foreigners want to start companies here they should give assurances that they will hire only american workers. If american workers like me dont get the benefits what is the use of google being an american company.

Ps: google rejected my application, im sure the place is crawling with h1s.

It is good to finally find someone who thinks like me. what can we do to stop the h1b program? the 5000$ H1b fees is not enough. The employer will bill it to the h1s who will still be wlling to work for 50k instead of 55k
    Let me extend a great big global welcome to yet another foreign worker from Immigration Voice. Aeroterp is it? Soon I will post a tutorial on how to spot Indian posters by their use of English. Tip #1: stop spelling like you are text messaging. It's ok to use the whole word.

For those of you just tuning in, several energetic H-1B proponents over on www.immigrationvoice.org have found a game to while away the tedious hours spent waiting for their green cards. They post over here, pretending to be Americans, trying to draw us out. Then they dissect and diss what we say over there. So, no need to get mad, it's just a game.

I love places like Immigration Voice because over there I learn what some foreign people really think of Americans. Much like perusing www.mexica-movement.org or Aztlan.net. It was in the foreign press where I learned about the 35=10 rule. Otherwise, I might have gone on assuming that my foreign fellow students in grad school respected and accepted me. I think every American should get online and read the foreign press, blogs, and join the foreign forums. It's cheaper than a plane ticket.

And, the folks over there have picked apart my posts here and concluded that I am a tired old techie in a dead-end low-paid job, who never went to college. It never occurred to them to wonder if I might be in fact a successful manager of technicans for many years, with a current graduate degree from an internationally respected university (completed at the age of 52). No I have never been replaced by an H-1B, just had to compete for jobs with people who had, who were of such high caliber that I was astonished that they'd been displaced. I'm sure IV would fall over in shock if they knew that one of my student hires was a Brahmin girl from Chenai (and we are still friends now that she has graduated and moved on). Even if IV doesn't agree, SHE thought I knew a lot about India. They accused me of being stupid on the topic of economics because I mentioned the effects of the rupee's rise against the dollar and what that would mean to the outsourcing equation. Never mind that their own press was lamenting the same thing even louder.

Where did any of us ever say that no foreigners should be allowed here, or that they should be barred from starting companies? I think anyone who said that on Alipac might be banned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stop whining about H1B

Isn't this forum supposed to be "Americans for Legal Immigration" ? If the H1b is legal, what's all this yapping about. You may be dreaming that once you pack all H1Bs, yo could get 100K, like you used to get 10 years back; gone are those days. Companies wouldn't pay Americans 100K to write 100 lines of code a day. American companies would do more outsourcing.

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    We have 2 Chevey vehicles. I will never buy a foreign car.

I am looking at labels before I buy as well. I think the American sock industry is still American and needs our support.
    Hilarious! Did you visit target, walmart, or a nearest mall lately?
    How about oil? The oil in your "American Car" is coming either from Middle East, South America. Stop whining and be prepared to live in the global village.

Notice all the new pro H-1B recruits we're getting. Hope they're as active against illegal immigration as they are vocal about their own cause.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by denrama

I am looking at labels before I buy as well. I think the American sock industry is still American and needs our support.
    How about oil? The oil in your "American Car" is coming either from Middle East, South America. Stop whining and be prepared to live in the global village.
    Hey Denrama... You STOP your mouth and think carefully before you hit the submit button or be prepared to get the boot

This is your only warning.

Your post is insulting and lacks any debating skill.
    The above member doesn't warrent your smart ass remark.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Hey Denrama... You STOP your mouth and think carefully before you hit the submit button or be prepared to get the boot

Can't debate logically eh? Ah well! this is what you get when you don't have a college degree. BTW, "warrent" is spelled "warrant". I can stop my mouth, but I am afraid, I can't stop typing. Tell me in what way my posts are insulting?

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Notice all the new pro H-1B recruits we're getting. Hope they're as active against illegal immigration as they are vocal about their own cause.
    Sadly, you are more vocal about "legal immigration" than "illegal immigration". I sincerely hope you land in a good job and stop venting your frustration over legal immigrants.

Can't debate logically eh? Ah well! this is what you get when you don't have a college degree. BTW, "warrent" is spelled "warrant". I can stop my mouth, but I am afraid, I can't stop typing. Tell me in what way my posts are insulting?
    Don't be such an ass. doesn't work here

As I said, one WARNING is all you will receive.
    Insults and rudeness aren't skills of any value and besides stinking pretty badly, they will only get you the door.

Apparently, you are comprehension challenged.
    Re-read your posts and maybe you can redeem yourself, although I doubt it. Not a smart way to make friends.

You are right about him being comprehension challenged - notice his advice to me.

Don't be such an ass. doesn't work here

As I said, one WARNING is all you will receive.
    Insults and rudeness aren't skills of any value and besides stinking pretty badly, they will only get you the door.

Apparently, you are comprehension challenged.
    Re-read your posts and maybe you can redeem yourself, although I doubt it. Not a smart way to make friends.

Can you be any more pathetic? Who is resorting to name calling? Calling someone an "ass" is rudeness. You cannot intimidate me with your belligerent reply and inane comments. If someone doesn't agree with you then they will become your instant enemy. I suggest you to re-read your post before sending me a reply.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast