Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Curious

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis
    curiouspat,

Either way, you are screwed.

Screwed by whom ?

And which way ?

Can you elaborate , please .
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

What is your solution, Draconis?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    CrocketsGhost,

I believe you've nailed it. I think Draconis' concern is indeed that focusing on the illegality of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. opens a door to the solution being to simply make them legal. '
    Exactly. My concern is that if the focus is shifted to formal technicalities like the violation of certain laws that the substantive problem gets ignored in the process. The debate turns into something like: oh, they are illegal, well then, lets give the illegals amnesty and increase legal immigration to the point where all the illegals of the future will be legal immigrants.
    "Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee."
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    We need to get rid of this notion that immigration is something inherently good and that a certain number of people every year should be allowed to immigrate here. In Germany, for example, citzenship is still linked to ancestry, even though Germany is a far more liberal country than the United States. The Germans are unwilling to say that future generations of Germans should be displaced by wave after wave of foreigners settling in Germany. As far as Germans are concerned, Germany is a nation with a culture and distinct identity. That is something most Germans would like to see preserved. Thus, I ask: why can't the United States be like the vast majority of countries in the world?
    "Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee."
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    We need to get rid of this notion that immigration is something inherently good and that a certain number of people every year should be allowed to immigrate here. In Germany, for example, citzenship is still linked to ancestry, even though Germany is a far more liberal country than the United States. The Germans are unwilling to say that future generations of Germans should be displaced by wave after wave of foreigners settling in Germany. As far as Germans are concerned, Germany is a nation with a culture and distinct identity. That is something most Germans would like to see preserved. Thus, I ask: why can't the United States be like the vast majority of countries in the world?
    I don't speak for anyone here at ALIPAC or on these boards, just myself and the following is all my own personal opinion, but I agree with you to a certain extent. I personally agree with the stance taken by FAIR and Peter Brimelow in his book, "Alien Nation," that we need an immigration, "time out," for a few years and we need to fix our flawed current immigration policy. We need to allow enough people to immigrate into our country LEGALLY to fill our needs for a stable population and a stable, well-educated workforce. We need to ensure that once they get here, they assimilate into our culture as well. We need to do everything we can to end illegal immigration (exactly what ALIPAC is working towards, BTW). Although we can probably never end illegal immigration completely so there are never any people who sneak in illegally or overstay visas, we could get it down to a small trickle instead of a flood.

Our nation is no longer a frontier nation needing lots of people to come and settle the wide open spaces. The frontier closed over a hundred years ago, but the immigration policy we have in place is not taking that into account. In my opinion, we should change our immigraton policy to be more similar to that of other developed nations. If we don't it will be our undoing. These are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of ALIPAC, anyone on these boards, or anyone else in this universe for that matter.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

The last thing we need is more unskilled third world laborers with no education. The only people who should be allowed to immigrate here are those we really need. I would like to see something like the Johnson-Reed Act redux.
    You hit the nail on the head; aside from the numbers not working for sustainable future population projections, this is the second biggest problem. The majority (and I mean 98%+) of all illegal’s in this country are third world laborers with no education; and they are reproducing at an astronomical rate and sucking this country’s economy dry while also destroying the quality of life and culture; and all of them that get any type of ID have committed fraud, which is a federal crime that can land a US citizen in jail for a LONG time.

Everyone is so busy trying to be “nice” and “politically correct” that they are overlooking the fact that neither of these stances protects our country or our people.

Everything that everyone loves about the United States is at risk of being completely destroyed without enforcement of existing immigration laws, proper management of legal immigration, cracking down on companies that use illegals HARD (to the point where they go out of business), and closing our borders to only alllow managed crossings.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678