Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Curious

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And that is why we are here...to stop the politicians from selling out our sovereignty, jobs, etc.

When we send our letters, we do not just dwell on the fact that they have broken our laws by being here......there is so much more to this.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

the problem is not so much that they have formally broken the law as it is the [/i]substative activity[/i] they are engaging in is undesirable
    That IS the problem...they HAVE broken the law, and continue to do so in many ways here.

See my sig.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Drac.

The OBL only has a few more years in the sun. The big ones have been exposed. I'm talking bear ass to the world exposed. Everyone and their dog has got an eye on them. They can't make a move without the public being all over them. There will be no more under the radar activity for them. The public is on top of things and they are getting back in the driver's seat. And by doing that, we are not going to give them their OBL illegals.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Draconis'
    That's not okay with me at all. I'm simply pointing out that is the logical conclusion of focusing on "illegal immigration." The sell out politicians will simply raise legal immigration to the point where all the illegals will be legal.
    I don't think that will happen. This is still a Democracy, isn't it ? Therefore is President Bush not obligated to pay a huge amount of attention to the will of the people ?

The only way I see President Bush convincing Congress to sell us out by making illegal aliens legal, against the will of the people would be if he is a dictator......and I would hate to think that !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I don't think that will happen. This is still a Democracy, isn't it ? Therefore is President Bush not obligated to pay a huge amount of attention to the will of the people ? The only way I see President Bush convincing Congress to sell us out by making illegal aliens legal, against the will of the people would be if he is a dictator......and I would hate to think that !!
    It has already happened. The McCain-Kennedy bill drastically raises legal immigration. In the future, the illegals will simply be legal, and those who go around complaining about "illegal immigration" now will be left holding a paper bag. Suppose we sent all the illegals home. The federal government will simply "wink, wink" at let them immigrate back here legally.
    "Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee."
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

They tried, but we stopped them, Draconis. They're still trying and we're still stopping them. Maybe pretty soon they will undertand that the American people are against these plans they keep coming up with.

I know they're hard headed, up there. It can't be denied that President Bush does not like to change his plans for anyone, HOWEVER, he will have to come to grips with the fact that although he is the president, it is "the American people" who hold the power in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconis
    It has already happened. The McCain-Kennedy bill drastically raises legal immigration. In the future, the illegals will simply be legal, and those who go around complaining about "illegal immigration" now will be left holding a paper bag. Suppose we sent all the illegals home. The federal government will simply "wink, wink" at let them immigrate back here legally.
    Lots of speculation there Draconis. I think I have way too many people behind me to let that happen. McCain will almost certianly loose the election in Nov.

Dixie

The federal government will simply "wink, wink" at let them immigrate back here legally.
    Draconis, they will only wink-wink at them if we let them. We have no intentions of letting them. Like I said before, UNLESS the thing that becomes exposed by all of this turns our to be that President Bush is really Dictator Bush, sooner or later they will be forced to face the fact that the American people say NO to this. They will have to accept that the will of the people, in the long run, will be respected and acted upon. We will approve or disapprove of their actions and we will act accordingly.

They can either remain in their elected offices or start packing. There is no other choice for them in a Democracy.

The bottom line in all of this is this:

WE, THE PEOPLE, disagree with George Bush. He knows it, we know it. Everybody knows it. He is using his position of power and authority to get what he and his "friends" want. WE are using OUR position of power and authority to stop him.

Even though he is president, he does not have ANY right to PUSH legislation down our throats that WE, THE PEOPLE are dead set against. So far we have succeeded in stopping him.

IF we are UNABLE to stop him and UNABLE to see that the "will of the American people" is adhered to, than the United States of America has a much bigger problem on our hands than just illegal immigration.

The entire world has a problem if that is the case.

There would be no illegal aliens if illegal aliens could immigrate to the U.S. legally. Why not give all the illegal aliens here amnesty and drastically raise the caps on legal immigration so no one would bother to come into the U.S. illegally?
    The issue is non enforcement of the current laws. It is not as simple as legal versus illegal.

The mass number of people crossing the border illegally cause an influx of humanity that cannot be sustained by the environment as well as undermine the job opportunities for legal citizens by decreasing the average wage.

Because of illegal entry these people cross our borders not only without security background checks but without health certificates further endangering citizens of this nation.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast