The reason the Republicans do not take us seriously is because we have not proven to them that we should be taken seriously. Let's change that in 2006
Understand, I am not supporting the Republicans -

But we are here to attempt to stop illegal immigration. Wasting our votes 'punishing' the Republicans will only make sure we don't succeed.

If Democrats are put in power,

It won't close the borders.

It won't get the illegals deported.

It will almost assuredly get amnesty passed and quite quickly.

Now it may happen if the Republicans get back in - but it will happen if the Democrats are in power.

I am as angry with the Republicans as anyone else - but I am equally angry with the Democrats. The Democrats are and have been pushing illegal immigration and citzenship for them for decades.

As to 'punishing' the Republicans - they won't be hurt. They will just hang out fo 4 years until they can once again convince the American population to 'punish' the other party and put them back in power. Then we start the whole charade over again.

WE have had Democrats and Republicans in charge and we have had various mixtures of congress/president. The illegal movement has just marched forward at a very fast clip under both scenarios.

The Republicans who are put out of office will not be being punished all that much. All they will do is go to their corporate bosses and be assigned to their promised cushy jobs as 'spokesperson', 'board member', or CEO in name only - all these come with the also promised big salary.

And here we sit with up to our earlobes in newly minted citizens, with our knowledge that we 'punished' them to keep us safe and solvent.