Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Did the victims in the Colorado Movie Theater see this Gangster Squad Trailer?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did the victims in the Colorado Movie Theater see this Gangster Squad Trailer?

Ok, according to this blogger report. This trailer for Gangster Squad was released by the same company and same studio that just released Dark Knight which debuted nationally last night.

As all of know, Dark Knight is the film people were watching when a gunman came through the back theater doors, launched gas or smoke grenades and started firing into the audience.

On the surface, this terrible tragedy is already aligned with elements of Dark Knight which I am told contains an antagonist with a mask, and smoke/gas gun sequences in the film.

In fact, one article linked to by Drudge this morning claims that the shooter came in and used gas and guns at the point in the film when gas and guns were being displayed....

Holmes was caught by police in the parking lot of the movie theater shortly after the shooting still dressed in his riot gear, an outfit eerily similar to a villain in "The Dark Knight Rises."
    Aurora, Colo. Batman Shooting Moviegoer: 'I Thought I Was Going to Die' - ABC News

But here is the wild part. According to a blogger report from NIKKI FINKE writing for deadline.com

The victims in the theater may have watched a movie trailer before Dark Knight Rising was shown. Reports indicate the theatrical trailer from Gangster Squad which is produced by the same company and studio releasing Dark Knight has been running in theaters this morning. It may have been released yesterday and show to movie goers on Friday.

You have to see this with your own eyes because at the end of the new movie trailer there is an image of movie goers being gunned down from the screen by mobsters with machine guns!

Lots of strange "coincidences" around this Colorado theater shooting just like there were around 9/11 and the Columbine massacre.

Here are the details....

HORRIBLE! Warner Bros Paired ‘Dark Knight Rises’ With Trailer Of Gangster Shooting Up Movie Theater (…Which Studio Didn’t Take Down Until I Complained)

By NIKKI FINKE | Friday July 20, 2012 @ 7:35am PDTTags: Colorado movie theater shooting, Gangster Squad, The Dark Knight Rises, Warner Bros

Comments (5)
    EXCLUSIVE: This was truly terrible decision-making by Warner Bros – both to release a trailer like this and then not to pull it immediately after today’s tragedy. I have confirmed that the studio which released The Dark Knight Rises paired it with the official movie trailer for Gangster Squad, an upcoming pic set in 1949 about a ruthless Mafia Godfather who runs Los Angeles. One of the scenes in the trailer that’s been playing all morning today shows a gangster with a machine gun shooting up people in a movie theater from behind the big screen. Several moviegoers tipped me to this scene.

This morning I called on Warner Bros to take this trailer down immediately. The studio’s response to me? “There’s a meeting about this and then a decision will be reached.” I just received the call that the trailer is being pulled. But only after I complained. And yet movie moguls wonder why so much of the country hates Hollywood values where money trumps everything, even during the Aurora theater shooting tragedy. Here’s the horrible clip which no one at Warner Bros should have allowed to be made, much less released, in the first place:

As I have posted this, I see that the Youtube copy of this trailer was posted on May 30, 2012 and has over 65,000 views already. So this trailer has been out online for almost two months.

I cant help but wonder if the people that were shot saw this before it happened?

The theater massacre scene in the trailer is near the end of the video at 2:05. Several gangsters with Tommy guns fire through the screen on the unsuspecting audience.

W
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 07-20-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This article and trailer above has just appeared on Drudge along with this...

Was the Batman movie shooting imitated from scene in 1986 comic?
    Was the Batman movie shooting imitated from scene in 1986 comic? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What are the Colordo gun laws? Why were there no conceal carry permit holders in the audience? Here in NC the chances are high that someone would have returned fire on that shooter seconds after he started his slaughter.

W

Colorado Gun Laws

What are Colorado's laws concerning firearms?
    Colorado allows a person to carry a firearm in a vehicle, loaded or unloaded, if its use is for lawful protection of such person or another's person or property. [C.R.S. 18-12-105(2)] Colorado law also allows a person to possess a handgun in a dwelling, place of business, or automobile. However, you cannot carry the weapon concealed on or about your person while transporting it into your home, business, hotel room, etc. Local jurisdictions may not enact laws that restrict a person's ability to travel with a weapon. [C.R.S. 18-12-105.6] The Act permits the nationwide carrying of concealed handguns by qualified current and retired law enforcement officers and amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Pub. L. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213) to exempt qualified current and retired law enforcement officers from state and local laws prohibiting the carry of concealed firearms.

How do I obtain a Concealed Weapon Permit?
    A permit to carry a concealed weapon may be obtained through the Sheriff of the county in which you live. You must meet certain requirements to qualify for the permit. [C.R.S. 18-12-203] Consult your local Sheriff's Department for more information obtaining a permit. The permit and a valid photo identification must be carried with the handgun at all times. A permit is not required and a handgun is not considered concealed when a person is in a private automobile or other private transportation. [C.R.S. 18-12-105 (2)]

What is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act?
    The Act permits the nationwide carrying of concealed handguns by qualified current and retired law enforcement officers and amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Pub. L. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213) to exempt qualified current and retired law enforcement officers from state and local laws prohibiting the carry of concealed firearms. To apply for Retired Commissioned Officers Firearms Training, click here.

Am I required to register my weapon in the State of Colorado?
    The State of Colorado prohibits gun registration. CRS 29-11.7-102

If I'm traveling through Colorado with a weapon, Can I Have it in my vehicle?
    Colorado law allows a person to carry a firearm in a vehicle, loaded or unloaded, if its use is for lawful protection of such a person or another's person or property. [C.R.S. 18-12-105 {2}]. Colorado law allows a person to possess a handgun in a dwelling, place of business, or automobile. However, you cannot carry the weapon concealed on or about your person while transporting it into your home, business, hotel room, etc. Local jurisdictions may not enact laws that restrict a person's ability to travel with a weapon [C.R.S. 18-12-105.6].

Well I guess that Colorado's conceal carry permit holders are not the types of folks that go out to see a Batman movie after midnight.

That makes sense. Conceal Carry holders are usually very aware of the dangers being out that late in the night and avoid such things when it is unnecessary as their goals are to protect themselves and their families.

If there had been conceal carry permit holders in the audience, the chances are likely someone would have returned fire on this shooter quickly ending this rampage.

W

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Well I guess that Colorado's conceal carry permit holders are not the types of folks that go out to see a Batman movie after midnight.

That makes sense. Conceal Carry holders are usually very aware of the dangers being out that late in the night and avoid such things when it is unnecessary as their goals are to protect themselves and their families.

If there had been conceal carry permit holders in the audience, the chances are likely someone would have returned fire on this shooter quickly ending this rampage.

W
    I've never owned or touched a gun, but in recent months have been seriously contemplating going out to take classes to use one with everything that's going on. Something I've read from reports though is that this guy had a bullet proof vest, a helmet, and other types of gear. Since I'm not familiar with firing guns, would it have still been possible to take him down given that he was well armored? Is it difficult to aim at someones face? His face seemed to be covered with a gas mask so I'm not sure if that would have protected him in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    I've never owned or touched a gun, but in recent months have been seriously contemplating going out to take classes to use one with everything that's going on. Something I've read from reports though is that this guy had a bullet proof vest, a helmet, and other types of gear. Since I'm not familiar with firing guns, would it have still been possible to take him down given that he was well armored? Is it difficult to aim at someones face? His face seemed to be covered with a gas mask so I'm not sure if that would have protected him in that area.
    Yes, I had heard that too about the body armor. He probably would have been very difficult to take down. A head shot is very difficult for the average gun owner.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
    Yes, I had heard that too about the body armor. He probably would have been very difficult to take down. A head shot is very difficult for the average gun owner.
    I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Everything would be happening so fast. If I take out my gun and just aim and shoot in his direction and nothing happens, surely he'll respond and shoot at me. How am I to know if he's wearing body armor? Do gun classes teach you how to take down such individuals? Just try to aim for the head? Legs? Arms?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast