Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Did the victims in the Colorado Movie Theater see this Gangster Squad Trailer?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Everything would be happening so fast. If I take out my gun and just aim and shoot in his direction and nothing happens, surely he'll respond and shoot at me. How am I to know if he's wearing body armor? Do gun classes teach you how to take down such individuals? Just try to aim for the head? Legs? Arms?
    I don't know. I don't have a concealed carry permit, not yet at least. It's something on my to do list though!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Everything would be happening so fast. If I take out my gun and just aim and shoot in his direction and nothing happens, surely he'll respond and shoot at me. How am I to know if he's wearing body armor? Do gun classes teach you how to take down such individuals? Just try to aim for the head? Legs? Arms?
    In a case like this you would just have to kneel down in the aisle for stability and cover if that would allow you a safe shot over others, or you might have to stand up to get a clear shot.

Your rounds could penetrate the armor or hit a weak spot. Even if your rounds do not penetrate, depending on what you are shooting they could still hurt or even knock the suspect down. Knocking the suspect down or stunning him could allow others to take control of his guns. If you were carrying a Glock you could have 14 rounds and you would just do your best to hit him both center mass or in the head. If those rounds were hitting and not effective you could go for his gun arm, groin, or leg.

Even if you were at the movie alone, you should think of everyone else in the audience as your dearest loved one as you decide what to do.

Your options without conceal carry are to run and get shot, rush the gunman and get shot, or sit there in terror and get shot.

At least with a gun you have a chance of taking him down and saving lives even if you lose your own in the process.

And if there are multiple conceal carry folks in the audience there is a chance that more than one of you could pour fire on this guy at once.

Even with the armor, the pain of being hit by your rounds could send this guy instinctively running for the door.

You simply draw, you aim, you fire, and do your best not to hit any bystanders while doing so. The more you practice at a range or on private property, the more natural and smoothly you will be able to perform in a crisis situation if God forbid you ever end up in one.

Every sane conceal carry permit holder prays that they never have to fire a round at another human being.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the theater in Aurora reportedly has a "no guns" policy.
    So, of course, the only one with a gun is the criminal!

Tragedy in a another "Gun Free Kill Zone"

Friday, 20 July 2012 15:50

Last night's shooting in Aurora, Colorado was extremely tragic, as more than a dozen people were killed in another Gun Free Kill Zone.

At the opening showing of “The Dark Knight Rises," James Holmes dressed up in costume and murdered several people while the movie was barely thirty minutes into the story. The gunman used a movie gunfight to cover his actions and further surprise the innocent patrons. Worse, the theater in Aurora reportedly has a "no guns" policy.
    Despite gun control's obvious failure, the calls for more restrictions have already begun:

* Piers Morgan of CNN came out of the box, calling for more gun control in the wake of the shooting.

* New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the strategy of people arming themselves for self-defense just "doesn't work."

* And the Brady Campaign took the opportunity to tell the nation that, "This is yet another horrific reminder that guns enable mass killings."

Tragically, many were killed last night. But it is also tragic that there was not another gun-toting Samuel Williams at the theater -- the senior who rescued several Floridians against two armed thugs at an Internet cafe last week. (You can read the story and watch the exciting video here.)

And of course, while the national media is sure to focus on this Aurora, Colorado shooting for days to come, there is another shooting in that same city that you probably heard nothing about -- when a worshipper at an Aurora church stopped a shooting this past April
    In that shooting, the bad guy was only able to kill one person in the parking lot, as the armed hero took him out before any other damage could be done.

Funny how the national media tends NOT to pick up stories where the good guy stops the perp!

To keep this in perspective, whenever we hear about horrid shootings like the one last night in Aurora, Colorado, we should remember that guns save as many as 80 lives for every one that is tragically taken. See the Gun Owners of America Fact Sheet here

Gun Owners of America is appearing on several media outlets today to answer questions about our gun rights and to offer concealed carry solutions as the cure to future acts of terrorism like this.

Also, you can call in to GOA Radio Live to discuss this event with our Talk Show host, Bill Frady, from 6:00-8:00 pm tonight. Call 703-776-9264 to be on the show. GOA's Larry Pratt will be interviewed by Frady next week.

Tragedy in a another "Gun Free Kill Zone" - Gun Owners Of America

ABC suggests Tea Party connection to Colorado shooting

The Hill's
    Blog Briefing Room

Group pushes back on ABC for suggesting Tea Party connection to Colorado shooting

By Alicia M. Cohn - 07/20/12 01:09 PM ET

The national Tea Party organization incorrectly linked to the man charged with the Colorado shootings by a broadcast news reporter on Friday fired back on the media for "reckless and false reporting."

The group, Tea Party Patriots, is one of the largest national organizations for the grassroots Tea Party activists. In a statement released Friday, the group's co-founder Jenny Beth Martin agreed with President Obama that "this is a day of prayer and reflection," an unusual stance taken by a group known for anti-Obama political activism.

"This is not a day for reckless accusation," Martin said in the statement. "It is irresponsible for any media outlet to suggest anyone was responsible for this tragedy other than those involved. The families of the victims are in our prayers, our hearts go out to them, and that’s where our concern for them should be today. We call on ABC News to immediately stop all reckless and false reporting, and we are putting all media outlets on notice that false political attacks on the American people will no longer be tolerated. We demand the media report responsibly."

ABC News correspondent Brian Ross, speaking on air, connected the Tea Party Patriots profile of a man named Jim Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colo., to the shooter who killed at least a dozen people at a midnight movie screening in the town.

The man accused of opening fire in the movie theater in Aurora, Colo. was identified by police as James Holmes, but he is not the same man Ross found online. There was no evidence to connect the two.

"There is a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colo., page on the Colorado Tea Party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross reported on air earlier on Friday.

Ross later apologized on air, saying, "An earlier report that I had was incorrect that [the alleged shooter] was connected with the Tea Party. In fact, that's a different Jim Holmes. He was not connected to the Tea Party and what we do know about him is he is a 24-year-old white male who went to Colorado for a Ph.D."

ABC News also apologized for the false accusation in a statement: "An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

Prior to that statement, ABC noted that "members of the public" contacted many other "local residents with similar names" through social media in the early aftermath of the shooter's name being released with few other details. Mashable reported that at least one other James Holmes listed on Facebook responded to a deluge of requests and messages due to his name, clarifying in a public note that he is not "a 24-year-old gun-slinging killer from Aurora." There are at least six men listed under the name James Holmes in Denver and 21 in the state of Colorado.

Colorado police have the suspect in custody.

Link to The Hill below

Group pushes back on ABC for suggesting Tea Party connection to Colorado shooting - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Gun and ammo stores are not to blame for this shooting. It is pretty obvious that Hollywood is to blame.

W

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    They are going to try to blame the guns, but the truth is this was obviously a Hollywood inspired massacre. See the trailer for Gangster Squad, watch the movie Inglorious Bastards, and think about how that young man showed up dressed like the joker and attacked on an alter to the silver screen!

W

Why would anyone try to blame anyone, or anything, other than the guy who pulled the trigger?
    All blame lies with him, and him alone.
    NO AMNESTY

First off James Holmes was from San Diego, he could not get a job after college so he had decided to get his PHD in Colorado. No one is clear on his motive, but I heard on one program that it is common for sickos to take on the personality or act out as a comic book or movie character. They believe he was taking on the persona of the Joker. They believe that is why he rigged his apt with bombs, and then told the police. I am not that familiar with the Batman Movies, but they said that is how the Joker character acted in the movies. The theory is he wanted fame. If that is the case if he did not have used a gun he would have found some other way to kill people and become famous.

Yes he had a mask, neck guard, groin protection, vest and leggings, because he did not want to die, example he surrendered with no fight. But last week in Sacramento a 79 year old lady was killed in her own house while the Police were outside waiting. The man had been chased out of a house he had broke into. He had been followed as he went from door to door trying to gain entrance. He managed entrance into a house occupied by this poor lady. As the police set there waiting he ran out of the house naked covered in blood. They found her dead inside. The media pronounced 4 senior woman killed in their homes in the last 2 months. They said seniors were being preyed on due to the poor economy and cutbacks in police protection. They went through a list of precautions, excluding being armed with a gun.

I listened in shock and the realization that in California we can not look to our government for protection. The word is spreading and seniors are now enrolling and taking the courses. From now on if our kids want to find granny they had better look at the gun ranges.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast