Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie

Any other ideas??? What do you sugges the American people do other than wake up and see what is coming??
    DON'T SPEND, SAVE!!

SNAP AND SLAM!!

It's already starting to work. Retailers are nervous for Christmas. Some companies that were so arrogant last year as to ban the Salvation Army like Target and Federated Department Stores which owns Macy's, etc. banned Christmas references last year. They just announced today that they are reversing that and are actually going to promote Christmas. The toy companies are showing slow sales. Toll Brothers a major housing corporation has revised their sales reports and they are down attributing it to increasing interest rates. Ford has announced last week that it is going to produce Hybrid cars that operate on ethanol. Oil prices are falling like mercury on ice. Credit card companies are revising some of their credit criteria.

For example, I paid off my credit cards. It was hard but I got it done. On one I had a $6500 limit. I didn't use it at all for 3 months. Then I had some travel and used it for that and then paid it off the next month. I found out they raised the limit to $8500. I found out this week they raised it to $9,500. They also reduced the interest rate from almost 23% to 14.99% and offerred a special interest rate for 10 months until next August of 6.9% for "cash". I didn't ask for any of it. I just didn't use their card for about 3 months after I paid it off the first time. Then paid it off immediately the second time.

Your political power is in your wallet and in your transactions. No matter how small it is. These "goons" are "transaction" oriented.

1. Pay down or off the credit cards as fast as you possibly can. Make that your focus. These companies are banks, most of them part of the Federal Reserve. They watch everything, know everything, even before we do because they have access to so much information. Do everything possible to pay payments on time and avoid all those late fees and over payment fees. Even if it's just $50 over your minimum payment, it starts their "spiral" downward.

2. Do not use an ATM/Debit card. I know it's convenient, but these same banks make fees each and every time you use these cards from the merchants. They also have a trick such that if you are over your balance, they will process the payment and charge you a big fee of $39 or so even if the purchase was $5 for some sodas and a bag of chips. They will do this each and every time you use the card if you are under balance. Without realizing it they gave you a credit line on the card but it will break you in fees on your bank statement. You need to go to your bank and tell them to remove the credit line if you don't want this happening. You will have to argue with them to remove it, but do it. It is cheaper to use your credit card at this point. What you want is when your account is out of money, the store rejects the card. Then use your credit card because the interest on small purchases like this is cheaper than the fees on the debit card if you are under balance. Best Rule: Take the time to go to the bank and get cash for the week. Pay with cash every time you possibly can. The "convenience" of using these cards for small every day purchases is not worth the fees you pay OR the fees your merchants pay. Remember, any fee the merchant pays, YOU ARE PAYING through the cost of the goods.

3. Stop Eating Out for Convenience. Fast food restaurants are part of the illegal and excessive legal immigration problem. Instead of burgers and fries and apple pies or tacos or any other number of establishments, just make yourself go to the store, buy some bread, buy some lunch meat, soup, crackers, fruit....and serve this to your yourself and your kids. Winter is coming, make pots of soup and chili and beans and corn bread. Buy oatmeal instead of cereals. Oatmeal is one of the healthiest foods we can eat. Try to buy the regular, not instant, but instant oatmeal is better than cereals. Hot oatmeal with a little millk, a little butter or margarine, some honey or brown sugar....mmmm good. It is healthier and so much cheaper than the cereals. Cream of Wheat is another good one.

4. Try to wean from the bottled water if possible. Unless your tap water has an odor or discoloration, your tap water is healthy. Use a Brita filter or install one at your sink. There are many options. Bottled water is the biggest waste. Bottled Water requires a lot of chemicals to make the bottles, alot of energy to transport, creates alot of landfill waste and is expensive. And you gain very little if anything from a health standpoint. For taste, the Brita works extremely well.

5. Try a new approach to food. I just learned today that "inflation" rates do not include most food purchases. I was wondering why the government inflation reports were not showing the actual rise in the cost of living. Aha!! They aren't counting FOOD costs. These people are disgusting sewer rats. Just like the labor department that isn't counting ALL THE UNEMPLOYED. So, get out the cook book, establish some staple meals, and start cooking. I mean really cooking. From scratch to the extent possible. Try "depression" foods like mac and cheese, mac and tomatoes (delicious), ham and beans, vegetable stew, cornbread, spanish rice, pasta and butter, pasta and sauce, meat loafs, baked ham, pot roast, etc. Focus on items you buy in bulk like beans, pasta, rice..add some goodies, sauteed veggies, some seasonings, and suddenly you have a magnificent healthy nutritional meal with some left overs and the cost? Much less than purchasing the packaged food, frozen foods, etc. Every meal of this type that you serve, saves money, saves trees, saves chemicals, saves energy, AND gets their attention. Make it a Game--like a Chess Game Against the Globalists. Food is being monopolized. Kraft is the largest food company in the US. Try to avoid their products to get their attention. Kelloggs is a Globalist. Try to avoid their products especially the cereals. Remember too that this doesn't have to last forever unless you want it to. It's our way of boycotting those responsible for our condition in the US.

6. Choose different oil companies--First Choice TO BUY--CITGO. This is the Venezuelan Oil Company. Chavez is fighting the FTAA. Support their oil company and boycott ours until they get their act on the American side of this line in the sand. Second Choice TO BUY--BP, British Petroleum. I'm sure they are Globalists, but they don't control the White House like ExxonMobile. Third Choice TO BUY--Kangaroo and other Independents. Buy anywhere BUT AVOID ExxonMobile, SUNOCO, (underwrites that lying Pew Center faking the numbers on illegal immigration), UNOCAL (the reason we're in Afghanistan and now owned by Exxon) SHELL (the reason they are giving Chavez a hard time), Chevron/Texas, and Conoco/Phillips even if you have to go down the street, go to the next light and turn around, even if you have to get on the other side of the freeway. It won't be this way forever unless you want it to. This is a Game Against the Globalists. Prices are falling like mercury now that their gouging game is over, but winter is coming on and they are already "hyping" high heating oil costs so their next move is to artificially spike home heating costs. Lets Cut Them Off At the Pass!

7. Half Tank/Next Day - Only fill your tank half full and try and wait when you need gas until the next morning. Don't run out, but try to make the purchase the next day instead of that evening on your way home from work, wait and get it the next morning on your way in to work. They adjust prices at night. Our goal is to get prices down to below $1.80 by December. We can do it by spreading the purchases from the big boys to the smaller companies, to foreign companies, and reducing the amount of time you carry the product in your tank versus their tank.

8. Heat--Drop the thermostat with winter coming. When you leave the house, drop it to below 60--like 58. Put a note on the door so you don't forget. Make it automatic, like locking your door. Do not leave the house with the thermostat set to keep you warm when you aren't in the house. If just takes a few minutes to warm it back up when you come back. Now this may be hard to get used to but you need to adjust. When you are in the house, try not to set the thermostat above 70. Try 68 or 69. Buy some sweatshirts, wear a T-shirt under it, and learn to keep warm with clothing instead of expensive energy costs. Sleep in socks. A simple pair or two of sleeping socks..buy them big and stretch them and you will hardly know you have them on....an extra blanket...and you can drop the thermostat to 60 or 65 at night and you'll sleep cozy and comfy for a fraction of the cost of running the whole house at 70 for all those hours. A bit before you go to bed, drink a small amount of something hot. Hot chocolate, hot tea, hot coffee. Also, if you get a chill, don't go to the thermostat...go to the sink and run your hands under some warm water, put on a sweater, or a sweat shirt. I like the ones with the zippers in the front and the hood. Then you can put it on and take it off as your body warms and cools. Get weatherstripping and caulk if you have some gaps around windows or doors.

9. Don't Make Any Major Unnecessary Purchases--Until we get this problem resolved with our corporations and government. New homes, Remodelling, Home Additions, New appliances, Cars, Furniture, Electronics, etc. need to be postponed. Try to avoid everything major until this problem is resolved. Obviously if the refrigerator blows, you have to have one. But don't buy one until you absolutely must have it.

10. Stop Fluff Spending--Books, Magazines, CDs, Videos, Toys, Gifts, Games, Subscriptions, Lottery Tickets, Etc.--Do without. Just don't buy anything that is not an essential.

11. Save Something Every Day--even one decision to save instead of spend will make a difference.

12. Think of a New Don't Spend Idea Every Week--see what ideas you can come up with to cut spending and share with the group.

13. Tell Your Kids What You're Doing and Why. Americans spend so much on their children on things they really don't need and that does little to help them. Try to cut back on these purchases. Send the children outside to play. Get them away from the computers and TV. Dig out the cards and games you have in the closet. Set up a table. Keep it set up so they can be directed to play and occupy themselves with things you already have stored in the garage or in the basement or in the closet. Pull out the books and tell them to READ, READ, READ. My sister has a book of World Map and History Book which is too big for the book case so she has it on the coffee table. My 9 year old nephew plays with that book almost every day. He knows towns in Russia I've never even heard of and I ask him how did you know that? And he said, it's in the world map book. I said, what book? And he takes me to the coffee table, turns to Russia (and this is a huge book) and shows me all the towns in Russia. He can even spell them. Who knew a book storage problem would turn into an educational tool?

We're in Deep Twit and we have to change the way WE operate as Americans. These are just a few ideas of how WE can do that.

The goal is to get out of debt and increase savings so WE have the money and THEY don't.

It won't take long to teach these Globalists that this WILL NOT FLY HERE IN THE UNITED STATES, not now, not tomorrow, not ever again.

These companies are actually very fragile. They changed their long-term approach to business to short-term views and earnings plans a few years back. This works to our advantage, because they have almost no savings either. They can not sustain but a few months with reduced earnings. Heads will roll, boards will begin to question "strategies", shareholders will be demanding "where is my money", and as they stutter and stammer and try to explain Globalism....we'll be laughing and shouting Hoorah!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You are so GOOD!

1. I NEVER run a balance on my credit card. NEVER. Paid in full the day I get it. They don't like me because they've NEVER gotten ONE RED CENT out of me. No interest, no fees, nothing. No fee credit card as well.
    BUT, I use my credit card for EVERYTHING--for a very good reason. I get frequent flyer miles on mine and I've literally gone to Europe using those miles 5 times. The only checks I write are the ones for the credit card and one or two other bills that don't accept them.

2. Only time I use a debit card is at the bank maybe once a month to withdraw cash or to make a deposit at 7 AM rather than wait until the bank opens at 9!! Afraid to use for purchases because I would forget to log it and I might overdraw!

3. I bet I don't eat out once a month. I will order a pizza delivered if my grandson spends the night. Other than that, I COOK. And, I eat EVERY LEFTOVER. DO NOT THROW AWAY FOOD. This is a little difficult when you're cooking for one person but it would be astonishing if people added up exactly how much it costs to eat out as opposed to COOKING. FROM scratch!! You forgot GRITS!!

4. NEVER buy bottled water. My son is a Medical Lab Technologist and he tested a bottle of bottled water and said it had as much, if not MORE, impurities as tap water. He said if I HAD to use something other than tap water to use DISTILLED water.

5. I stretch a pound of hamburger meat for 3 or 4 meals! Big pot of spaghetti sauce or chili beans and freeze in meal-sized portions.

6. I don't buy Citgo gas. I go to one station in Thomasville that is locally owned and they are between $.15 and $.20 cheaper per gallon than Lexington. Same county. Never could figure that one out. Have to go there for my Mother every week anyway so buy gas and cigs there!

7. I wait until I'm going to T'ville for gas.

8. I have dropped my thermostat to 69 in the daytime and 67 at night. Best investment of my LIFE is a DOWN COMFORTER. Get a GOOD one and it will last the rest of your life.

9. Did add a sunroom last year and am sorry I did that. Shouldn't have spent that much money but I love it. And, since I'm staying home so I won't be spending money, it's probably going to pay for itself pretty quickly!!

10. I've let every subscription to every magazine I USED to take lapse except for Good Housekeeping and I made them give it to me--a longtime customer--at their INTRODUCTORY price. THAT is one of my pet peeves. They offer it to NEW customers for $8 a year and they wanted me to pay $12 maybe. Told them if they could sell to a new customer for $8, they could sell it to me. If not, I told them where they could put it.

11. This is one I will work on!!!

OKAY. I'm well on the way.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

You are SO GOOD!!

I meant to buy CITGO. Not avoid CITGO. I better read that post again and make sure it is clear who to purchase from and who to avoid.

The sun room will be beneficial and was a good choice.

Thanks for the input on the bottled water!!

It make sense that it would have even more contamination because of the additional "handling".

Your tap water comes straight in to YOU and avoids all that additional route through the bottling factory. They probably hire illegals sneezing and coughing all over the place and "who knows what else?"

Eeeeew!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I understood you correctly about Citgo--that you DID want me to buy from them! I just said that I DIDN'T buy from them for the above reasons!!! Your directions were perfectly clear. I almost passed!! The test, I mean.

When you think about tap water, you think that, with all the chlorine they use to treat it, it couldn't have much bacteria in it!

Truly--your ideas are great and we would all do better to live by those simple rules. We have gotten WAY too spoiled in America and it's time we went back to a simpler way of life that is not dependent upon so many "systems". We are just no longer able to be self-sufficient.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, if you buy your gas from one of the independents or smaller companies which I think I understood your post to mean, THEN YOU DID PASS THE TEST for the Game Against the Globalists!!

And WE thank you Good Citizen and True Patriot!

Whew! Well, I did pass. This is just a little, local independent station AND their cigarettes are cheaper as well. Two of the three necessities of life--gas and cigarettes!!!

How the hell did this thread get diverted into holiday shopping tips?

nhanitrebelmass says "holiday shopping tips"?

This isn't about "holiday shopping tips" nhantirebelmass.

THIS is about how you as an American Citizen can break the banks of the people flooding the United States with illegal aliens that are stealing your lives, your schools, your jobs, your hospitals, your politics, your demographics, and your nation.

It's part of the defense called:

Don't Spend, Save

Keep your money in your pocket and keep it out of theirs. BUST 'EM financially and they'll come round to find out what will get us to start spending again.

Illegal immigration is about bankrupting the American People so we have no power so they can take over our country at a point that we can't fight back because we're broke as a people and a nation.

The "tips" are how each of us can keep more of the crucial money in our possession giving us the power and taking theirs away from them.

WE can call, fax, write, whine from now until doom's day, but until they see their bottom lines falling, they could care less.

See, It's all about money. Don't give your money to these people. Keep yours. Break them.

Quote Originally Posted by nhantimassredrebel
    How the hell did this thread get diverted into holiday shopping tips?
    I'm not sure. They are some good tips. I bought my water filter and it is Made in the USA.

I got to thank the vetrans standing outside the post opffice this am. They were selling flowers to raise money. Too bad their country doesnt take better care of them for their service...
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Yeah, they are some good tips! I agree with what was said, too. But when it starts out as a thank you to the vets and ends with smashing the current state of capitalism I think it deserves a whole new thread!

Throw in some links and references, post it and who knows! It might even get added to the homepage. The way this thread is going now it could be something off of (horrors!) Free Republic!

Maybe a refresher on thread posting is in order.

MORE COWBELL!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast