Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good point! It's too bad because the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Speaking of movies, did any of you see the Big Box Mart political statement about the way people's jobs went to China and they ended up bankrupt in time to retire so they had to work at BigBoxMart?

http://www.jibjab.com/Movies/Home.aspx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BTW, if you go to the jibjab site, you have to hear a commerical while the movie loads but it's worth the wait.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That was SOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! I just LOVE those JibJab things. Boy--those kids are making a FORTUNE, aren't they?? I say KIDS but they were young men.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, they are a scream! I think they make most of their money designing websites and animated things like this for others. But they do sell the stuff like this that they make. I bought the CD with the campaign stuff on it from 2004. You can join the site and they will send you updates when they have new stuff.

Well, since we are becoming conscientious consumers, my MasterCard bill came today and I decided I would just see what interest rate they charge. I was BLOWN AWAY when I saw that the yearly interest rate was 35.9%

Is that not USURY???

I noticed they had CD's for sale but remember--SAVE. DON'T SPEND! So, I just CLICKED OUT!!!

35.9% is most definitely violation of usury. The usury cap in North Carolina unless they raised it is arond 30%. Why would your credit card be carryinga 35.9% interest rate? That is unbelievable. I thought mine were crap at 18% on one and 22% on another. I've been "recredited" and the 22% has dropped to 14.99 permanently and 6.99 on cash until next August because I decided to pay them all off.

Call them and raise hell. Let us know who the "bank crooks" are. We'll put them on a list or expose them somehow.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've never paid interest so I just never noticed that.

Here's how it reads:

Cash Advances
    A. Balance Transfers, Checks 12.49%
    B. ATM, BANK 21.49%
    C. Purchases 12.49%

ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE_________35.94%

Credit Line--$22,000

So, on the purchases, it 12.49% but would that be monthly?? I am DUMB about this because I've just never PAID INTEREST.

It's an MBNA MASTER CARD with Frequent Flyer Miles.

Holy Cow, Bootsie! Usury laws differ from state to state and I don't know what they are in any of them other than Arkansas in the '70's used to cap it at 10%. That prompted my credit card company to take my card away and make me re-apply at an Arkansas bank because they couldn't gouge me their 18% anymore. I, like you, pay mine off the day I get the bill so I have no idea what the rate is.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast