Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh

The Dutch are Kicking Illegal Butt ... Why Can’t We?

In that flat little land that many consider to be wacky and far too tolerant of everything, illegal immigration and related issues are being handled far better than in the USA.

Like all Western European countries, the Netherlands has been swamped with illegals from underdeveloped countries and faces similar problems to the USA (assimilation; welfare abuse; loss of jobs and loss of tax revenue to cheap, under-the-table labor; importing (nearly) extinct diseases such as TB; etc.)

Here are some of the current laws and policies. And, unlike the USA, the Dutch laws are being enforced on a large scale.

1. Employers are fined 8,000 euros (approx $10, 815) for each illegal they employ. This has discouraged a lot of companies from hiring illegals. The Dutch government expects to earn €24,000,000 (approx $32,500,000) from these fines in 2007.
    (What a brilliant way for the government to make money, instead of raising taxes and forcing taxpayers to subsidize illegals.)

2. Farmers who are caught hiring illegals have to pay the fine, are not allowed to receive farm subsidies, and must pay back any subsidy monies they received in the year they were caught hiring illegals.

3. Construction companies caught hiring illegals have to pay the fine and cannot bid on government projects.

4. Raids carried out by the Arbeidsinspectie (work inspectors) purposefully target the most likely employers of illegals.
    In addition to controlling illegal employment, they also regulate work conditions. If an illegal is underpaid by his employer and reports this abuse, the illegal will receive a temporary residency permit. The employer can then be fined. The illegal’s temporary residency permit expires within a few days–as soon as he is paid all his (back) wages, then he must leave the country.

5. No free medical care for special groups of people like we have in the USA. Everyone must be insured or pay for medical treatment, medications, etc.

6. No special bilingual classes for foreigners like we have in Spanish in the USA. Everyone must learn Dutch–for newcomers, this is mainly done by immersion. Some private international schools offer courses in other (mainly European) languages, but even there the Dutch language is part of the curriculum.
    Most children can pick up the basics of a foreign language fairly quickly (in a matter of weeks) via immersion in a foreign land if their parents support this learning.

7. Everyone over 14 must carry a legitimate ID at all times.

There are some good policies for legal immigration too. For example, at their own expense, foreigners applying to immigrate from certain countries must complete a 3-part integration course (inburgeringscursus) and pass a test in their homeland before moving to Holland. Others have to take the course upon arrival and/or before they can be issued a residency permit. The three parts are:
    a) Language (must speak Dutch)
    b) Social orientation (must learn Dutch customs)
    c) Work orientation (must be familiar with the Dutch employment system).
    Many foreigners who already have residency permits are also required to take the course and pass the exam. I’ve taken the exam . . . it is NOT easy.

I'm not saying everything is perfect in Holland with respect to illegals, but at least they have some effective laws and policies that are being enforced.

I wonder if any American politicians would have the guts to propose legislation for some of the above.

Duh
    Duh

Banned
    We can only hope...

Too bad that my home country has gone that bad, but that's also a good reason 2 move back to A'dam. To change my government and make Holland proud and tolerant again. 911 and US propaganda has made many Europeans dislike muslims and less tolerant to all immigrants.
    I'm sick and tired of America and its propaganda. I will offer my american passport to any illegal alien who is willing to pay for it. I will only keep my Dutch passport. America is boring, and I have said this over and over again here. I've been in the US for 7 years, 7 years of my life lost
    BUT, I'm moving back by the end of May, wish me luck back home !!!
    If I can't sell my passport, I will drop it off that the nearest post office.

Banned
    Damn Michelle,

I'm SO HAPPY that you're leaving us. It looks like your countrymen have gotten smarter in your absence, as well.

Hasta la BYE-BYE, Doofus!

Thank you for wishing me good luck back home, Pinestraw.
    Is it so hard to wish me good luck and 2b proud of me to have managed everything this fast. I would move back spring 2008, then I changed it into June 15th, but I have expedited my departure from the US even more. My parents stay in the US, they feel American, while I feel Dutch. I'm leaving Tuesday May 29th 4ever. I will only visit my parents when I come to the US.

I was in The Netherlands 2 weeks ago during Queens day and cried when I had to return to the US. And have booked my flight back home 4 good.
    So, you guys can't bother me anymore. I will smoke a big joint when I get home and give America the bird.

I will either sell my American passport or leave it at the closest post office.
    But I will RENOUNCE my US citizenship. I can always visit my parents under the visa waiver program. It's convenient to keep my American passport, but I can only be loyal to 1 country, and the Dutch traitor government will soon end dual citizenship anyway, and I would always choose my Dutch passport over my American passport.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Poof! Begone anti-American!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not anti american, I just feel more Dutch.
    And be glad that I renounce my US citizenship, if u think i'm anti american. I can keep both passports, but know that the Dutch government will soon end dual citizenship. My parents will stay in the US and I can always visit them ur like it or not.

I will drop off my American passport at the nearest post office, or mail it to the post office.

Goodbye America, I love u, but not enough to spend the rest of my life here.

Michelle

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Tell us again, why did you come to ALIPAC anyways, just to tell us this bit o'information? Your spiel sounded quite anti-American and quite pro-illegal.

In America we require loyalty and someone who supports illegal aliens breaking the laws, so far as MANY if not most Americans are concerned, this is quite anti-American.

As for the Dutch government doing what they are, they have good reason to, many of these people are radicals and have a great hatred of anyone who does not have their exact beliefs and wish mainly to take over the countries they are in without caring for or about the people who are already there and have founded it, this would be your own people mies.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth wrote:
    Tell us again, why did you come to ALIPAC anyways, just to tell us this bit o'information? Your spiel sounded quite anti-American and quite pro-illegal.

In America we require loyalty and someone who supports illegal aliens breaking the laws, so far as MANY if not most Americans are concerned, this is quite anti-American.

As for the Dutch government doing what they are, they have good reason to, many of these people are radicals and have a great hatred of anyone who does not have their exact beliefs and wish mainly to take over the countries they are in without caring for or about the people who are already there and have founded it, this would be your own people mies.
    don't you remember me ?
    It's me, michelle.
    The Dutch government only changed bc of Pim Fortuyn who scared people of by exploiting 911

Michelle,
    Before you go.
    If you are not Anti-American
    Would you explain with alittle more detail exactly what it is about America or Americans that bore you?
    And why you are so upset?
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast