Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh
    Hoi Michelle,

You visit my country once a year ? Thought you were living there, you said u had to make a test that wasn't easy.
    I lived there for many years

I travelled to NL about 6 times a year and things have changed but not that much. I just miss it, i'm home sick
    Oh, then much of what I said does not apply. The adjustment won't be difficult. Leuk.

"You can do that as long as it doesn't bother me" is not egocentric.
    It depends on what one is doing. For example, if someone is stealing from your home and your neighbor tolerates it because he isn't harmed by it, I find this attitude to be egocentric. But (er is altijd een "maar") in the sense you mention, it's different.

An allochtoon is NOT an illegal alien what you claim.
    An allochtoon is a person whose mother or / and dad were born abroad
    I didn't claim allochtoon = illegal alien. I meant that the process of banning certain words (like some Americans wanting to ban "illegal alien") shows a lack of tolerance. One reason the word allochtoon isn't liked is because many people use it to refer to Turks, Moroccans, Surinamese and Molucans, rather than in the correct sense that you described.

I thought the topic of dual citizenship is still being discussed and debated (http://www.nrc.nl/binnenland/article710 ... e_paspoort). If they do decide to force everyone to give up dual or multiple citizenship, it makes sense for you to keep your Dutch passport.

Finally, while on the topic of immigration ... as of 27 April 2007, workers from Poland, Lithuania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, Slovenia, Estonia and Hungary no longer need work permits in NL.

Doei van Duh
    Duh

Hallo duh,

I read the article, but the 1st part says a lot:

[i]Den Haag, 12 mei. De Kamerfractie van de VVD moet het standpunt over de tweede paspoorten herzien. Het beperken van de dubbele nationaliteit van ongeveer een miljoen Nederlanders is niet liberaal en tegen de wil van de VVD-leden. Dat zei prominent VVD’er Geert Dales, burgemeester van Leeuwarden, op het VVD-congres in Rotterdam. Dales wil op korte termijn een debat in de partij over de manier waarop de VVD met de kwestie van de dubbele nationaliteit moet omgaan. Wat hem betreft is een dubbele nationaliteit geen probleem. „Liberalen toetsen mensen op hun rechten en plichten, hun gedrag, de mate van integratie, of ze de taal spreken en meedoen aan onze maatschappij. Het hebben van twee of meer paspoorten is daarbij totaal onbelangrijkâ€

Quote Originally Posted by mies
    You single out one event to blame a whole bunch of people ? That's discrimination.
    Ah, so you don't want to repeat what happened. I don't blame you, but a lot of Americans don't know what is going on right now in Europe, and must be informed. And Michelle, you know darn well it wasn't just one incident. How about Pim Fortuyn? How about the violence and Islamic fanaticism that has spread all across Europe?

For those that don't know, here is what happened to Theo van Gogh in Amsterdam: Theo had some really foul views and decided to put them in a short film.....So foul that an Islamic extremist Moroccan decided to gun down van Gogh while he was riding his bike to work. Theo, wouded and bloody stumbled across the street. The Moroccan man followed him as van Gogh pleaded for his life saying, "We can still talk about it! Don't do it! Don't do it!" The man didn't listen and shot van Gogh again, then slit his throat and stuck a letter to his chest with a knife. Eye witnesses said he was slaughtered like an animal, "cut like a tire."

And Michelle, since you like poems so much, this is the poem that was stuck to Theo's chest:

"I know for sure that you, O America, are going to meet with disaster. I know for sure that you, O Europe, are going to meet with disaster. I know for sure that you, O Netherlands, are going to meet with disaster."
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

5 wrote:
    I don't understand why everyone is attacking Michelle because she wants to leave.
    My question is with the country heading the way it is why would she want to stay?

I wish her all the best back home and remember the people in the country fondly.
    We`re not attacking Michelle.
    We`re just reacting to her claims of disappointment.
    Somehow she`s been misguided and believes that we`re to blame for our "strict" laws and regulations.
    We`re only trying get her to understand that "here in the real world" our control over our Government is next to eliminated.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Ah, so you don't want to repeat what happened. I don't blame you, but a lot of Americans don't know what is going on right now in Europe, and must be informed. And Michelle, you know darn well it wasn't just one incident. How about Pim Fortuyn? How about the violence and Islamic fanaticism that has spread all across Europe?
    I don't support what happened to Theo van Gogh but to blame muslims or a certain part of the population for his death is plain wrong. What happened to Pim Fortuyn ? He was killed by a left wing maniac, and America is filled with those people too. Muslims had nothing 2 do with it.

For those that don't know, here is what happened to Theo van Gogh in Amsterdam: Theo had some really foul views and decided to put them in a short film.....So foul that an Islamic extremist Moroccan decided to gun down van Gogh while he was riding his bike to work. Theo, wouded and bloody stumbled across the street. The Moroccan man followed him as van Gogh pleaded for his life saying, "We can still talk about it! Don't do it! Don't do it!" The man didn't listen and shot van Gogh again, then slit his throat and stuck a letter to his chest with a knife. Eye witnesses said he was slaughtered like an animal, "cut like a tire."
    Just wondering how many Americans have been killed by violence in the time it took u 2 write the above.

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    5 wrote:
    I don't understand why everyone is attacking Michelle because she wants to leave.
    My question is with the country heading the way it is why would she want to stay?

I wish her all the best back home and remember the people in the country fondly.
    We`re not attacking Michelle.
    We`re just reacting to her claims of disappointment.
    Somehow she`s been misguided and believes that we`re to blame for our "strict" laws and regulations.
    We`re only trying get her to understand that "here in the real world" our control over our Government is next to eliminated.
    How many Americans claim that America is the best and agree with the laws ?? Too many, and those are the people that give the government the green light to keep oppressing us. The governemnt exploits 911 for their own benefit and that's disgusting. I know that Americans are not to blame, most European dislike the US government and not americans in general. But why don;t we just change the laws ?

I don't support what happened to Theo van Gogh but to blame muslims or a certain part of the population for his death is plain wrong. What happened to Pim Fortuyn ? He was killed by a left wing maniac, and America is filled with those people too. Muslims had nothing 2 do with it.
    My mistake, I thought he was killed by Muslims. However, he was killed because of his views about Muslims and immigration. Yes, we have left-wing scum bags in this country who side with the invaders as well. Even our government sides with the invaders.

Just wondering how many Americans have been killed by violence in the time it took u 2 write the above.
    Too many. Its likely that a person was killed by an illegal immigrant when I wrote that. And possibly a couple hundred illegals slipped in when I wrote that. Maybe some MS-13 and 18th street gang members. Maybe terrorists. Who knows? The government doesn't care.

Did you know that by 2010 Amsterdam will have a Muslim majority? And by 2050 Europe will have a Muslim majority? And also by 2050 people descended from your continent will be a minority in this nation? That the American southwest will essentially be Mexico? What is happening to the craddle of Christianity and civilization? What is happening to America? What is happening to Western Civilization?

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

My mistake, I thought he was killed by Muslims. However, he was killed because of his views about Muslims and immigration. Yes, we have left-wing scum bags in this country who side with the invaders as well. Even our government sides with the invaders.
    ur partly right.
    Volkert van de Graaf killed Fortuyn bc he saw him as a danger to the weak in society, and these people can be of any race and religion. Fortuyn wanted to house cadle in apartments so the animals would take less space in NL. Graaf was an environmentalist and this was his main reason to kill Fortuyn. There are left - wing scum bags like there're also right wing scum bags.

Too many. Its likely that a person was killed by an illegal immigrant when I wrote that. And possibly a couple hundred illegals slipped in when I wrote that. Maybe some MS-13 and 18th street gang members. Maybe terrorists. Who knows? The government doesn't care.
    What can I do about that ?
    I can't go to the border and stop them, those coyotes would shoot my ass.

Did you know that by 2010 Amsterdam will have a Muslim majority?
    So ? why do u think that all muslims are bad ?
    There are more muslims than jews in Amsterdam, but A'dam still has a jewish mayor. We can get along with all races and religions. There're unfortunately always exceptions.

And by 2050 Europe will have a Muslim majority?
    That's not true, show me any proof for that.
    What do u mean by Europe ? European Union ?
    Or as far East as Turkey and Russia, yes if you add Turkey there will be many Muslims. There are 15 million Muslims in the EU 25, which has a population of 456 million. That's 3 %, while the US has 13% blacks, 15% Hispanics, 5 % Asians. And will one of those single groups be a majority by 2050 in the US ? NO ! ur figures on Europe are wrong. In The Netherlands we have more Muslims and in most other EU states and muslims will not be a majority for a very long time

And also by 2050 people descended from your continent will be a minority in this nation?
    Why is this a problem ??
    Should americans be white and of European heritage ??
    I'm seeing my old high school boy friend when I return to NL.
    His parents are from Bali, Indonesia - am I a bad person now for betraying my race ? I can bring him to the US, what can u do about it ?

That the American southwest will essentially be Mexico?
    I don't believe that.

What is happening to the craddle of Christianity and civilization?
    I'm not Christian and think that religion should not have an influence in politics.

So ? why do u think that all muslims are bad ?
    There are more muslims than jews in Amsterdam, but A'dam still has a jewish mayor. We can get along with all races and religions. There're unfortunately always exceptions.
    I don't think that all muslims are bad. And while an American, I can't help but have an emotional bond to the continent of which 100% of my ancestory comes from. I want Europe preserved. I want it to remain a Western, Christian, First World continent.

That's not true, show me any proof for that.
    What do u mean by Europe ? European Union ?
    Or as far East as Turkey and Russia, yes if you add Turkey there will be many Muslims. There are 15 million Muslims in the EU 25, which has a population of 456 million. That's 3 %, while the US has 13% blacks, 15% Hispanics, 5 % Asians. And will one of those single groups be a majority by 2050 in the US ? NO ! ur figures on Europe are wrong. In The Netherlands we have more Muslims and in most other EU states and muslims will not be a majority for a very long time
    Yes, I am including Russia and Turkey in with that projection--nation's that will almost certainly be EU member-states by 2050. Especially considering the explosion in the Islamic populations and power in current EU nations. Combine that will anemic birth rates of European nations. Not one single European nation has birth rates at replacement levels--except for Muslim Albania. The average age of Europeans by 2050 will be 50 years old. So, who is going to do the jobs and pay the taxes to fund Europe's generous health-care and pension systems? The populations of West Africa will double by 2050, and populations of North Africa will increase by 50%.

Welcome to Eurabia.

Why is this a problem ??
    Should americans be white and of European heritage ??
    I'm seeing my old high school boy friend when I return to NL.
    His parents are from Bali, Indonesia - am I a bad person now for betraying my race ? I can bring him to the US, what can u do about it ?
    I have no problem with anyone's personal choices in boy friends/girl friends. But I think that immigration should be tempered and highly regulated. I think that immigrants should primarily come from nations that have proven to assimilate to First World nations. 90% of our immigrants come from the Third World. Many are not assimilating, and holding allegiance to foreign nations. Some have outright hostility to America, and make claims on our land. The world has never seen such a migration that the USA is experiencing. And certainly not from a Thord World nation into the world's economic super-power. This is an invasion. The greatest invasion in history.

I don't believe that.
    Start believing it. 58% of Mexicans believe that the American Southwest belongs to Mexico. Poll #s also suggest very negative attitudes about Americans in Mexico. This is all taken from a Zogby poll. The Mexican gov't promotes duel citizenship for ALL Americans of Mexican background. And they openly say that they should put Mexico first. The Mexican embassies here also print text books for American schools--favoring the Mexican side of the Mexican War. Mecha and La Raza openly promote retaking the SW for Mexico. As do prominant Mexican chauvinist politicians both here and Mexico. Remember the May 1 demonstrations last year? They burned American flags, had sings that said "Brown Pride," and "This is Stolen Land." The media forgot to show it, because the media is aiding the invasion.

I'm not Christian and think that religion should not have an influence in politics.
    OK. But you should at least wake up to the fact that Western Civilization is disappearing on a world-wide scale. Do you know your history?

Check out how Rome fell.

See you at the signing!!

I fould Mies comments to be ambiguous and would like to say Good By, have a safe trip, don't come back now, and good riddance.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast