Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E.R. NIGHTMARE.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    After listening to Al Rantel last nite and this a.m., I just want to get out of So. Cal. It's hazardous to your health! There are 5M illegals in LA and only a handful of hospitals left! Two more "big ones" will be closing in three to six months! I'm getting paranoid now thinking about what would happen if I or my family had an auto accident and needed emergency care! Would we even be able to get it?

Did anyone watch the CNN report on "MEDICAL TOURISM"? It's nicknamed "DR's for ER's"...translated Dominican Republicans for Emergency Rooms!!! We are being flooded with Central Americans who just fly in and out for major surgeries and skip out with paying a penny!

Last week, I went to my doctor for a routine physical and I asked him what he thought about national health care. He said he it's going to "kill" lots of sick people! He said that the government will decide who lives or dies because they will be disallowing many, many expensive diagnostic tests (MRI'S, CAT Scans, etc.) based on age! He said it will also prevent early diagnoses in many cases because the government will cut back on everything but routine CBC's and chest x-rays. The government will decide who gets what!!!

And the wait list will be a nightmare! If you are lucky enough to be approved for surgery or advanced testing, you will have to wait MONTHS!

Canada has a population of 32M and their socialized healthcare is a disaster! Imagine what it's going to be like for us with a population of 300M!
    The real tragedy is that several decades ago CA had the finest emergency care/trauma network in the country. Look at it now. Yet another benefit of multiculturalism.

You are right about socialized medicine. There will be age caps on many procedures and treatments. I had a friend a long time ago whose father lived in Ireland. He developed kidney failure and was refused dialysis because, according the their rules, he was too old! At 65! This is one of the ways they keep costs way down- they simply refuse to treat people.
    You will never hear Hitlery or Osama talk about that on the campaign trail but it is the truth. I for one am not interested in a system that would write off my 65 year old uncle so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    These stories are unacceptable. Just heard on the Al Rantel show (KABC 790) the average wait time in Los Angeles emergency rooms is now 11 hours. Two more major hospitals in the LA area will probably be closing in the next 90 days (on top of all the other ones that have closed). Many others operating in the red. Minimum of 25% of people who visit the e/r's don't have SSNs. The regional medical system is on verge of collapse. I think you can deduce what is happening in So Cal (and other areas).

The high cost of cheap labor indeed.
    I have Al Rantel on right now...He was talking about this last night also...Unfortunately they may be closing a hospital by me in Downey Ca.. The thought of getting seriously sick and no where to go is frigtening!
    Wait till an emergency hits, like an earthquake or whatever... you are gonna be left out in the cold as illegals take your care...... nice huh.
    BrightNail, I think you may be right about what if an earthquake happens here in California? Katrina was a disaster, and the government couldn't handle that very well.! I think many of us will just die here in California waiting get help...With all the millions of illegals living here in California, I expect help will be slow in coming!

Don't trust Hillary for one carpetbagging New York minute when she says that her socialized health care scheme wouldn't cover illegal aliens. Basically she wants to raise our taxes, in part to pay for the health care of people who illegally entered our country.

SCHIP has commercial now, showing sick little white mountin kids. We know who it's really for .

Hilerys plan is mainly for the aliens, not America .

We will have prejudicemedicval stff who wil be caring for us . i already had one treat me ,couldn't hide it . I'm not a organ donor either .

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    After listening to Al Rantel last nite and this a.m., I just want to get out of So. Cal. It's hazardous to your health! There are 5M illegals in LA and only a handful of hospitals left! Two more "big ones" will be closing in three to six months! I'm getting paranoid now thinking about what would happen if I or my family had an auto accident and needed emergency care! Would we even be able to get it?

Did anyone watch the CNN report on "MEDICAL TOURISM"? It's nicknamed "DR's for ER's"...translated Dominican Republicans for Emergency Rooms!!! We are being flooded with Central Americans who just fly in and out for major surgeries and skip out with paying a penny!

Last week, I went to my doctor for a routine physical and I asked him what he thought about national health care. He said he it's going to "kill" lots of sick people! He said that the government will decide who lives or dies because they will be disallowing many, many expensive diagnostic tests (MRI'S, CAT Scans, etc.) based on age! He said it will also prevent early diagnoses in many cases because the government will cut back on everything but routine CBC's and chest x-rays. The government will decide who gets what!!!

And the wait list will be a nightmare! If you are lucky enough to be approved for surgery or advanced testing, you will have to wait MONTHS!

Canada has a population of 32M and their socialized healthcare is a disaster! Imagine what it's going to be like for us with a population of 300M!
    The real tragedy is that several decades ago CA had the finest emergency care/trauma network in the country. Look at it now. Yet another benefit of multiculturalism.

You are right about socialized medicine. There will be age caps on many procedures and treatments. I had a friend a long time ago whose father lived in Ireland. He developed kidney failure and was refused dialysis because, according the their rules, he was too old! At 65! This is one of the ways they keep costs way down- they simply refuse to treat people.
    You will never hear Hitlery or Osama talk about that on the campaign trail but it is the truth. I for one am not interested in a system that would write off my 65 year old uncle so easily.

Camille...I've heard the same horror stories re AGE in England! If you are over 65 you're out of luck! They have a very callous attitude about the elderly...I'm not too far away from the 60's and I would hate to think that I am not worth the same care as a 40 year old, lol.

I wonder how socialized medicine will affect Medicare...since Medicare is basically socialized medicine for seniors. The horrible thing about amnesty is that the chain migration will allow the elderly parents of every single illegal to come to the US! They will then be getting Medicare and SSI without having worked or lived one single day in the US. This is terrifying!

Re: E.R. NIGHTMARE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    dyehard39
    E.R. NIGHTMARE.

I have medical coverage and I often go into E.R for a procedure that I can only get in E.R.

I called para-medics to take me to Renoun South and was told it was on look-down because it could not take anymore patients. I was taken to Renoun North and had an 8hr wait in E.R. ending in a 3 day stay which was a nightmare in it self.

I note that you live in Nevada. It would be great if you sent your post to the office of Sen. Reid and specifically request a response from him about any remedy is proposing.
    I did that when I posted. To Reid, Ensign, and two others in the House. Also to the major news channel and news papers.

These stories are unacceptable. Just heard on the Al Rantel show (KABC 790) the average wait time in Los Angeles emergency rooms is now 11 hours. Two more major hospitals in the LA area will probably be closing in the next 90 days (on top of all the other ones that have closed). Many others operating in the red. Minimum of 25% of people who visit the e/r's don't have SSNs. The regional medical system is on verge of collapse. I think you can deduce what is happening in So Cal (and other areas).

I have Al Rantel on right now...He was talking about this last night also...Unfortunately they may be closing a hospital by me in Downey Ca.. The thought of getting seriously sick and no where to go is frigtening!
    Yes, and then the House passes the healthcare bill. Good grief these politicians are living in such a vacuum that they have no idea of real life for the American citizen or if they do THEY DON'T CARE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I don't understand is why anybody would choose to stay and live in the hellhole that is now Los Angeles?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

What I don't understand is why anybody would choose to stay and live in the hellhole that is now Los Angeles?
    LoL, I know you are right we should get out of this state...I keep having visions in my mind of the movie "Escape From New York" replaced with the name "Escape From LA." Darn I don't want to live like the characters in that movie, but I think it's going to be like that here.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

LoL, I know you are right we should get out of this state...I keep having visions in my mind of the movie "Escape From New York" replaced with the name "Escape From LA." Darn I don't want to live like the characters in that movie, but I think it's going to be like that here.
    It was getting that way in 1990 when I left. Now I have a house south of Houston, and between the illegals and the storms, I'm trying to figure out where to go next. If the government keeps it up, I'm seriously considering moving out of the USA, and renouncing my citizenship- at least then I can sneak back in to get seen at the E.R.....

When they open the borders and all of Mexico come here, Mexico may be the best place to go. Especially to retire. One of my daughters moved to Costa Rica from L.A. and she loves it.

This makes one wonder WHY they really come here if things are so good in Mexico. Maybe it not because of jobs at all, but because of social service benefits and all the freebies. All this is making the American Dream impossible for Americans. America is now a nightmare for Americans of all ages.

Retire in Mexico
    Live Better For Less Money.
    http://www.escapeartist.com/e_Books/Mex ... exico.html

Mexico Medical Student:
    An American Gets an Education South of the Border

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/541993

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast