Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow! I'm glad she was arrested and gone.

She will continue to hide behind her son and only cowards hide behind children. There is no need for her to make an issue of being separated from her son as I'm sure he can be re-united with her in Mexico.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

She is gone!!

I'm not sure about any reason of how, why or staged. The key point here is that she is gone, and at the hands of the American people (ICE). She did not get a “moralâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 4648.story

Chicago Spanish-language radio host Javier Salas said he felt badly for what happened to Arellano. But in leaving the sanctuary of Adalberto United Methodist Church and heading to Los Angeles, it was only a matter of time before she was arrested.

"I'm not happy that this happened, but it was bound to happen because she was challenging the system," said Salas, the host of the morning-drive talk show La Tremenda on WRTO AM-1200.

By Sunday afternoon, Salas was already on radio talking about the arrest, and callers were weighing in too.

Callers were "saying that she was traveling to Los Angeles and around the United States, she would provoke [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] and the anti-immigrant groups," he said. "There would be checkpoints everywhere."

Salas questioned why it appeared that mainstream media make Arellano out to be the face of undocumented immigrants, while her actions have exacerbated the animosity toward them.

"She wasn't down to earth," he said, adding that Arellano acted entitled to rights "when there's thousands and thousands of people in the same situation."

"She made everything worse," Salas said. "She's not a face of the immigrants. My family without papers, she doesn't represent them."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is certainly a surprise. I'm a little speechless right now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

User Image
    Romar wrote: 1m ago
    GOOD CATCH!!!

anonymous wrote: 14m ago
    Somethings not right here. Her son is 8 and this is 2007, meaning he was born in 1998 or 1999. She was deported in 1997 and said she caim back in 2000, meaning she was in Mexico when her son was born. Remind me how he is a US citizen again?

I just read a great article by John Lillpop, but I can't post it here.
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

So she lied about him being a U.S. citizen too??? Nothing surprises me anymore.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! Glad she's totally gone!

Something is not right here. It sounds like a "voluntary" removal but I didn't think that was possible since she was already got a deportation order.

She should have faced some prison time. I think the Bush Administration just didn't want to deal with this case so they decided to get her out of the country ASAP. Mexico probably sounded a lot better than a prison cell to Elvira too.

What kind of example has this set for all the illegals? The worst thing that will happen to you is that you will be sent home--if you defy deportation orders--steal SS#'s, violate our labor laws, and campagin openly against the country you illegally smuggled yourself into...twice?

This event wasn't a capture....it was an escape!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Great news that she is gone... I was out of state this weekend so I didn't here what happened!

Well good ridden to her anyway!

Did the anchor go?
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I hope this send a message to all the others who are held up in churches avoiding deportation.
    I think she felt that she was untouchable since ICE had not gone in to get her.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast