Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Unfortunately she will probably be back! Did she take her son with her?
    Isn't she "with child" again? If that is true... I am sure she will want to have her baby on US soil! I have called my senators about anchor babies and I am going to keep calling until they do something about it!

But... I am glad this was done... only if to show her she isn't as smart as she thinks she is!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly!!
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

How much money do you want to bet that her son, naturally enough, is going to want to go to Mexico to be with his mother and Elvira is going to tell him that he has to stay in the US in order to further her cause?

April
    Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    How much money do you want to bet that her son, naturally enough, is going to want to go to Mexico to be with his mother and Elvira is going to tell him that he has to stay in the US in order to further her cause?
    She is using him as a political pawn so, yes, it is likely she will tell him to stay and fight for his mothers return.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    User Image
    Romar wrote: 1m ago
    GOOD CATCH!!!

anonymous wrote: 14m ago
    Somethings not right here. Her son is 8 and this is 2007, meaning he was born in 1998 or 1999. She was deported in 1997 and said she caim back in 2000, meaning she was in Mexico when her son was born. Remind me how he is a US citizen again?
    I think the son was born in Oregon (?). Does anyone know how to do a geneaology search? If he is a US citizen, there HAS to be a record of the birth somewhere.

April
    User Image
    GOOD CATCH!!!

Somethings not right here. Her son is 8 and this is 2007, meaning he was born in 1998 or 1999. She was deported in 1997 and said she caim back in 2000, meaning she was in Mexico when her son was born. Remind me how he is a US citizen again?
    I think the son was born in Oregon (?). Does anyone know how to do a geneaology search? If he is a US citizen, there HAS to be a record of the birth somewhere.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira_Arellano

Elvira Arellano
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Elvira Arellano (born 1975) is a Mexican citizen from San Miguel Curahuango, Mexico, famous for living illegally in the United States. Facing deportation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Arellano took sanctuary in the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Division Street in Chicago in August 2006. On August 19, 2007, having traveled to California to make appearances, Arellano was arrested by U.S. authorities outside of Our Lady Queen of Angels Church in downtown Los Angeles. [1] She is the president of La Familia Latina Unida (United Latino Family), a group that lobbies for families that could be split by deportation. [2]

Arellano entered the United States illegally in 1997[3], was apprehended and deported back to Mexico by the United States government[4]. She returned within days and lived illegally for three years in Oregon[1]. In 1999, she gave birth to Saul Arellano whose father remains unnamed by his mother. Saul is a United States citizen. In 2000, Arellano moved to Chicago and worked as a cleaning woman at O'Hare International Airport[4]. In 2002, following a post-September 11 security sweep, she was arrested and convicted of using a false Social Security number to obtain employment and was sentenced to three years probation. [4] Arellano was ordered to appear before immigration authorities on August 15, 2006. [1] Instead, on that date, she took refuge in the Adalberto United Methodist church in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago to avoid arrest and deportation.

On November 14, 2006, in Mexico City, Saul Arellano appeared before the Congress of Mexico [5]. The Mexican lawmakers passed a resolution to urge the United States government to suspend the deportation of Arellano and other parents of children who are United States citizens.

She was arrested on August 19, 2007 in Los Angeles. [6] [7][8] [9] [10] [11]

Within hours of her arrest Arellano was repatriated to Mexico by U.S. federal agents in compliance with an existing deportation order. She was accompanied to the Mexican border by an official of the Mexican consulate in San Diego, California, as well as by agents of the U.S. government.

She is a Spanish speaker and gives interviews with the assistance of a translator.

Impact
    Arellano and her supporters assert that to deport her would be to violate the rights of her son Saul, a United States citizen, as he would be forced to be deported with her.[6] Critics of Arellano counter that she is exploiting her son in order to remain in the United States.[6] Latino advocates have highlighted this case as one of "civil rights".[12] Arellano's "right" of sanctuary and her right to stay in the United States has been taken up by civil rights groups such as National Alliance for Immigrants' Rights, NCLR, LULAC, among others.[12] [13] In support, La Placita, a historic Los Angeles church, declared itself a sanctuary for any undocumented immigrant facing deportation, something it did during the 1980s for the first refugees from war-ridden Guatemala and El Salvador who escaped to California. [12]

The U.S. government's position is that Arellano is free to take Saul with her to Mexico in order to keep her family together.[1]

On May 3, 2007, Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL), introduced H.R. 2182, which would grant legal immigrant status, with the possibility of applying for permanent residence status, to Arellano as well as 33 other people.[14] The bill was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary and (as of May 9th, 2007) has yet to move out of the committee.

My comments earlier were that of joy because she is gone. But, having time to think things over I feel something is not right here.

a) It was too easy: After a year of defiance, just giving in?

b) This was too widely publicized from the 15th on. (And continues)

c) Why LA? Why didn’t she get pickup up here in Chicago when she exited the church (so-called church)? I can’t believe that ICE wasn’t watching after her “bogusâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

User Image

i thought he was born in washington state cuz that is where she ended up when she came back

User Image
    GOOD CATCH!!!

good catch!!!

This is a good victory for us. She is being deported. Let all those people who saw her case as an example that they too could get away with breaking our laws see this. If she comes back we'll deport her again.

And the church that she was staying in needs to lose it's tax exemptions based on it's political involvement and aiding and abetting a fugitive.

Good Riddance! GOOD RIDDANCE! 19.99 Million to go !

I almost hurt my hands clapping so hard to the CLTV, chicago news this morning. This is great news!

Everyone feel free to email your favorite liberal media outlet to let them know how glad we are that their 'immigration activist' (know by the government as a wanted illegal felon) was arrested and wisked away to mexico in such a swift fashion. I'm sure they will love hearing from you.

Way to go ICE !
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

This is just hearsay, from one of the lunatic sites:

She was deported last night before the lawyers could save her. Now she is in Mexico working with Attorneys to allow her back in America on appeal. It will be interesting to see if she is able to come back.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast