Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm a republicrat

I am so sick of the politicians dividing us on issues like gay marriage and other so called moral stuff. The truth is we're all pawns in the money making game. The middle class is being squeezed down to nothing while the people at the top reap record profits in part because of cheap labor abroad and at home. I refuse to eat at McDonalds or shop at Wal Mart. I am going to do my best now to avoid patronizing any business hiring illegals. I have very liberal friends who are MDs who are sick of the "entitlement" attitude some of these people have..yes, we are all sick of it.

Kiss-Off To Sam Walton

Everybody congratulate me . . . I have sworn off shopping at Wal-Mart (whose work force is largely people who don't speak English and who disappear suddenly at regular intervals) and I'm buying groceries tomorrow at my neighborhood store (which has a very diverse staff). I'll spend a little more, but my conscience will be clear. Besides, the lines won't be as long

I congratulate you Stuff, but I think I deserve more credit. I have stopped eating at McDonald's. My wife can tell you that I have a special relationship with McD's hamburgers....so stopping was like going through 12 step program.

Just kidding. You did good. :P

I congratulate BOTH of you!

I have to admit that I stopped shopping at Walmart as much as possible when they refused to hire me because I don't speak Spanish yet they hire all sorts of people who don't , or pretend not to, speak ENGLISH, I know how hard it is to give up such convenience. I shop at K-Mart where all the workers speak English and nothing but English and are much more polite than the WalMart workers in this area to English Speaking Americans.

I have been known to eat at McDonalds for the sake of convenience and because their french fries are better tasting than the other fast food places. I have to admit that if I am given a choice between fast food places, and ONLY fast food places, I will invariably pick Taco Bell, Their food is less fattening, their health standards are higher than required by the health board and their employees actually act like they want to be there. I've been a Taco Bell fan for pretty close to 25 years now, but if it comes to be their turn on the boycott list, I will give them up for the allotted amount of time if it means making a point.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm just about ready to swear off Pacifica and other left/liberal media sources. (I do not and will not listen to Rush Limbaugh and that crowd, so I wonder where I'll get my news and commentary from now on?) If I hear another "progressive" talk show host say she wanted to cheer after seeing the illegal immigrant marchers, I will SCREAM! I never thought I'd see liberals parroting the corporate media line they rail so much against. I thought they were capable of in-depth analysis. Can't they see the shadow of greedy corporations hanging over these immigrant rallies? That many companies gave their undocumented workers time off to participate in those travesties should be enough to tip them off. But no! They might as well be deaf, dumb and blind! They foolishly think that after illegals gain amnesty, they will register as Democratic voters and lend their numbers to left-wing causes. I don't buy it. These Latinos are culturally conservative Catholics. They gravitate naturally toward the right wing. At any rate, they aren't about to support things like Gay marriage. Even if the opposite were true, I would not risk compromising national security for the promise of a liberal coalition. I would not risk compromising my economic livelihood, either. And, during a time of increased world terrorism, I would NEVER advocate for open borders. What's the matter with these folks??? Have years of battling conservative initiatives weakened their sanity?

Many liberals opposed to amnesty

Well I'm from a family of democrats and I campaigned for John Kerry myself. This subject crosses party lines. My family and I plan to vote for the candidates who oppose amnesty, regardless of party affiliation.

There are many, many democrats who are totally against amnesty. My 85 year old Demo mother has been to all the rallies in Atlanta, Georgia.

Banned
    I believe I may have met her there at the Capitol!

JuniusJnr- I think they have Carl's Jr in El Paso. They are much better than McDonalds(almost every chain is), and the founder was a good guy not a Joan Crock type.

Stuff, don't fool yourself if the illegals get amnesty and bother to vote they will vote their self interest. This will expand the base of the Democrats. The places where they congregate will get more representation as well. They will not constitute an educated electorate and will vote the way they are told , if you question this just look at the Rio Grande Valley.

Stuff, don't fool yourself if the illegals get amnesty and bother to vote they will vote their self interest. This will expand the base of the Democrats. The places where they congregate will get more representation as well. They will not constitute an educated electorate and will vote the way they are told , if you question this just look at the Rio Grande Valley.
    I still don't think the Democrats can count on their votes. (Hell, they can't even count on mine!) You're right, they will vote their self-interest, and sometimes that will skew Democrat, sometimes Republican. Certain issues that liberals define themselves by, like abortion rights, will not get strong Latino support.

JuniusJnr- I think they have Carl's Jr in El Paso. They are much better than McDonalds(almost every chain is), and the founder was a good guy not a Joan Crock type.
    Oh yeah, AndyT, there's Carl's Jr. I haven't been there in a long time but I am not much of a hamburger joint kind of person. Carl's Jr. is also Hardees, I believe.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast