Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    The senators, even the sell out ones, work for United States citizens, NOT ILLEGAL ALIENS.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

The more important question the staffers should be asking is "Are You A Citizen" NOT what is your zip code ! We all know a lot of non-citizens call and visit our Senators ! How fair is that !
    Amen
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Most of these staffers are young. Wait until they start raising families of their own. I am sure they would want to make sure that their children receive everything that their parents gave them. Hopefully, they will understand the importance of preserving America's sovereighty and culture. And maybe they will realize that asking for a damn zip code is not important. And that by being an American citizen in America, should be counted no matter what state you are calling from.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Most of these staffers are young. Wait until they start raising families of their own. I am sure they would want to make sure that their children receive everything that their parents gave them. Hopefully, they will understand the importance of preserving America's sovereighty and culture. And maybe they will realize that asking for a damn zip code is not important. And that by being an American citizen in America, should be counted no matter what state you are calling from.
    I don't know "butterbean" I'd say that depends on how much time they spend in DC, people seem to pick up bad habits in that town!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL YOU PATRIOTS WHO CALLED, FAXED AND EMAILED. It is your dedication and persistance that is keep amnesty from taking place and is even keeping them from bringing it up. I am sure there is going to be another round however with the dedication and perserverance we have shown I know we will win it as well!!!

Monday, November 5, 2007
    Feinstein won't add Ag Jobs to farm bill

California senator acknowledges she doesn't have the votes to get her measure passed by lawmakers who see it as an amnesty program.
    By DENA BUNIS
    The Orange County Register

WASHINGTON - The losing streak for those who want to see a broadening of immigration benefits continued today when Sen. Dianne Feinstein decided she could not successfully add the Ag Jobs bill to the farm bill being debated on the floor this week.

"When we took a clear-eyed assessment of the politics of the farm bill and the defeat of the DREAM Act and comprehensive immigration reform, it became clear that our support could not sustain these competing forces," Feinstein, D-Calif., said in a statement.

The Ag Jobs bill would allow many undocumented immigrant workers to get legal status and would also start a new temporary program for future farm labor.

Feinstein has been trying for years to get this bill passed, either on its own or as part of the two comprehensive immigration packages that have gone down to defeat in the past two years.

After several weeks of courting her colleagues, it became clear to Feinstein that she didn't have the 60 votes she'd need to overcome an expected filibuster by opponents who consider Ag Jobs an amnesty that they don't want. Even some supporters of her measure didn't want to see it muddy up a complex farm measure.

"The farm bill is riddled with conflicting politics," said Craig Regelbrugge, co-chair of the Agriculture Coalition for Immigration Reform, which has been working with Feinstein on the Ag Jobs effort.

The farm measure strikes such a delicate balance between crop subsidies and nutrition programs such as Food Stamps that even Agriculture Committee Chairman Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, who has supported Ag Jobs, made it clear that he didn't want the measure on his bill.

"I am going to resist any effort to put immigration in this bill," Harkin said at a press conference last month announcing that he had a deal to bring a farm measure to the floor.

Without Ag Jobs, Feinstein said in her statement today, "we will continue to see labor shortages far into the future. Fruit will rot. Crops will go unharvested. Operations will be forced to cut back or move to Mexico."

Regelbrugge said beginning in 1999 the United States became a net food importer. Most Americans, he said, don't see first hand what has happened to the family farm.

But opponents of Feinstein's measure insist that if growers paid higher wages there wouldn't be a labor shortage.

"When we started this effort, we knew it was an uphill battle because immigration reform is such a hot button issue," Feinstein said.

The failure of the DREAM Act, which would have provided legal status to students who were brought here as young children, who graduated from high school here and went on to college or the military, was another indication that getting any immigration expansion passed this year was going to be close to impossible.

But Feinstein said she isn't giving up. She will ask Majority Leader Harry Reid to schedule floor time for Ag Jobs either later this year or early in 2008.

When the comprehensive immigration bill failed in June, Reid promised Feinstein he'd allow Ag Jobs to come up for a vote on its own.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/feinstei ... -farm-jobs

THANKS APRIL AND EVERYONE YOU ARE ALL SO GREAT TO WORK WITH, SURE IS BETTER WORKING AS A GROUP THAN ALL ALONE: WHEN IT COMES BACK UP WE WILL JUST HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN, THERE IS NO GIVING UP AND NO GIVING IN!( Aprils famous words)
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    THANKS APRIL AND EVERYONE YOU ARE ALL SO GREAT TO WORK WITH, SURE IS BETTER WORKING AS A GROUP THAN ALL ALONE: WHEN IT COMES BACK UP WE WILL JUST HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN, THERE IS NO GIVING UP AND NO GIVING IN!( Aprils famous words)
    I AM SO PROUD TO BE A PART OF THIS WONDERFUL GROUP OF PATRIOTS WHO DO NOT GIVE UP AND REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR US!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    *If anyone has spoken with Sens. Bunning, Coburn, DeMint, Inhofe, Shelby, Vitter offices, please advise what they said about AgJOBS.

I didn't even bother to call Sen. DeMint. He is nearly as solid for immigration law enforcement as anyone else in the Senate.

He'll probably send me a heads-up email about AgJobs, rather than the other way around.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Run'em out of town on a rail. . . .

Senator Ken Salazar of Colorado won’t budge an inch on immigration no matter how hard we badger him. But I have an idea! If I can find a few volunteers to take a run with me out of town; I will donate the [Mod Edit] and a rail
    Stop the MOB deny the JOB