Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Judy, he is my millionaire in the making. From day one, he has been the go getter. At 7 he would make us a pot of coffee and bring us cups of coffee and cookies (mind you, cookies I had made...lol) and would sell it to us (about a dime for each).

When he was about 11/12, he had amassed a huge container of HotWheels, which he sold to the neighbor boys for 50 cents each, and would go to this very same discount store he does now, find big ziplock bags of candy bars and sell those too.

For a bit he would sell fabric from his dads work (the "mill end" pieces). Now he works almost full-time this summer.

The best part of this, is the kids around here think he is the "most awesome". He will sit out there and show the boys how to make "sounds" with their armpits , and how to blow up paper bags and pop them really loud, all while they are eating their candy. With the parents coming by for drinks and kids can come by safely for candy, suddenly the gringos in the complex and not such dark evil people!!LOL
    Oh that is so wonderful! And he is most awesome! Let him know how proud we are of him and his entrepreneurial spirit which is the backbone of our nation.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Be ready for your "cease and desist" ticket...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Cease and desist from selling candy?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Police Shut Down 7-Year-Old's Lemonade Stand (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/0 ... 53017.html

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well hardline, fortunately an officer was in our area and saw this, he seemed to not have a problem. As for health issues, there should be none, all is pre-packaged items, no homemade (such as the tamales we are constantly being offered door to door out of buckets! BLEH) items.

No issue wth traffic, but we do have to consider our landlord has been on our cities "naughty list", since he is a slumlord, so they have a habit of coming around randomly for inspections.....I would just have to say "it's not a good time" decline and they can't press it any further.

We are way off the main drag, in the back of the complex, and since we are out of the way, have no signs up to say "candy for sale", we are not advertising a business. Furthermore, we are covered under the cities code for "garage sales":

7.10.230 Garage/Yard Sales. (1) The duration of any single garage or yard sale shall not exceed three (3) consecutive days. (2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1) above, no single residence or combined group of residences may hold or conduct garage or yard sales for a combined duration of more than ten (10) cumulative days per calendar year. (3) All items placed for sale or resale at the garage/yard sale shall be immediately removed from public view or disposed of pursuant to GRC Article 7.25, Solid Waste Control Ordinance, at the conclusion of the relevant sale. (4) A violation of this section is a Class A violation. (Ord. No. 1624, Enacted, 04/20/2006)

He never has it open for more than three days in a row, and it is all items he owns, and has decided to resell.......hey, if illegal aliens can use every loophole to their advantage, then why can't Americans?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My husband is Mexican American....born in the US. I am a lowly gringa white girl. Sometimes we would go to Juarez to buy blankets. If I went with his sisters, the blankets would only cost $5 but if I tried to buy them myself, they would cost me $45. One day my husband and I went to Juarez for more blankets and while walking through the market place we actually could hear women vendors near us talking in Spanish saying that "look at the gringa....she has to bring her Mexican gardener with her in the attempt to get better deals from us".
    My husband turned around and in Spanish said "This is my wife. She does speak Spanish and doesn't need my help. Looks like we won't be buying anything from you people after all".

Can you imagine that happening in the United States? Adjusting ones prices according to ethnicity?

It does happen in the US - also in ethnic markets and restaurants. Perhaps white people did it to minorities before there were laws against it but nobody will enforce the law going the other way. Any white person in business has to keep their eyes open at all times for potential lawsuit on this but not the ethnics. I don't think Rand Paul is so ignorant but being white - they hung him on this issue recently. Instead of sending $$ to Gaza we should support attorneys filing suit on behalf of discrimination against citizens, against whites and so forth. Enforce the laws on everybody's behalf. And that Americorp $ better be equally distributed amongst the races and not just used for illegals. Who will watch that when we can't even get a grip on our census fiasco?

Can you imagine? They are so full of prejudice that they cannot believe that a white and a Mexican actually married. Well in my case they saw that we were married and that I was pregnant and they still started assaulting me until mi esposa stepped in. They wish to destroy the baby of such a marriage. They consider our marriage and our child an abomination worthy of death. And we want this here permanently?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

But of course on the other hand....them marrying a gringo in order to get citizenship is something completely different right?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I know we support legal immigration, but the legal immigration numbers are too high by over 1,000,000 a year. We should only be allowing about 200,000 immigrants into the US each year, in some years perhaps not even that many.
    Fifteen million unemployed Americans would agree with you - not that 'Bama cares.

Quote Originally Posted by vistalad
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I know we support legal immigration, but the legal immigration numbers are too high by over 1,000,000 a year. We should only be allowing about 200,000 immigrants into the US each year, in some years perhaps not even that many.
    Fifteen million unemployed Americans would agree with you - not that 'Bama cares.
    Tragic isn't it?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast