Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judy, I came back to this thread because I realized that the 15 million - taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics May, 2010, Summary - is not the full number. The Bureau's Survey also says that there are 1.1 million people who were not included, because they hadn't looked for work within the four weeks preceding the Survey's publication. And another 8.8 million who were involuntarily working part time, either because their hours had been cut back or because they couldn't find full time work.

Of the 15 million, 6.8 million were unemployed for 27 weeks or longer. That's an important psychological milestone, because feelings of worthlessness tend to set in at six months.

And 'Bama wants amnesty for illegals and a guaranteed supply of low skilled labor. This guy is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Well hardline, fortunately an officer was in our area and saw this, he seemed to not have a problem. As for health issues, there should be none, all is pre-packaged items, no homemade (such as the tamales we are constantly being offered door to door out of buckets! BLEH) items.

No issue wth traffic, but we do have to consider our landlord has been on our cities "naughty list", since he is a slumlord, so they have a habit of coming around randomly for inspections.....I would just have to say "it's not a good time" decline and they can't press it any further.

We are way off the main drag, in the back of the complex, and since we are out of the way, have no signs up to say "candy for sale", we are not advertising a business. Furthermore, we are covered under the cities code for "garage sales":

7.10.230 Garage/Yard Sales. (1) The duration of any single garage or yard sale shall not exceed three (3) consecutive days. (2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1) above, no single residence or combined group of residences may hold or conduct garage or yard sales for a combined duration of more than ten (10) cumulative days per calendar year. (3) All items placed for sale or resale at the garage/yard sale shall be immediately removed from public view or disposed of pursuant to GRC Article 7.25, Solid Waste Control Ordinance, at the conclusion of the relevant sale. (4) A violation of this section is a Class A violation. (Ord. No. 1624, Enacted, 04/20/2006)

He never has it open for more than three days in a row, and it is all items he owns, and has decided to resell.......hey, if illegal aliens can use every loophole to their advantage, then why can't Americans?
    Don't get me wrong...I'm on your side! :P And even though you seem to have done some research...any one doing "ongoing" enterprise (city zoning will allow a weekend or two for residential chattle sales) or package or perpaird food sales takes a number of lic. plus proper zoning. Law laws and more laws. But "the man" looking the other way is what I said would probably happen UNTIL some ass turns you in. Like I said...normally it is just a cease and desist warning of no consequence... But...I guess we will see... Hope it keeps working for you! Just FYI so you don't get taken off guard and get in trouble trying to argue with the man... That never works out very well...for me anyways!

Our protectionist laws have gone too far and hinder business. I have written before about how in the neighborhoods where Mexican business flourishes they can have a hand painted wooden sign. Citizens are forced to have a plastic lit sign that conforms to code and costs as much as some houses do. Why are they allowed to break the laws and we are not? What is this separate but unequal crap?
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Mexican people ALWAYS have a way to circumvent the system, regardless of what system it is. Here on the border we suffer more than others in the country because of what they DON'T do in Mexico. Their environmental laws are a joke. They can drive across the bridges in their taco wagon vehicles spewing all kinds of crap into our air space. Just the type of gas they use in their cars is enough to make one choke. They have "open dump" burning and the fumes of what they burn are a constant irritation to us who live close to the border. My favorite is when they burn tires.
    Their restaurants are totally disgusting. Not even close to what they would need to pass an inspection on our side.
    One time when we were in Juarez we passed a chain link fence that had a hole in it and in the hole, someone had stuffed a dead bloated dog. People were walking by like it wasn't even there. The fire department was located right next to the fence.
    I don't even understand how ANY Mexican food products are allowed to be sold in the United States as there have been numerous food poisoning incidents from their foods. It just seems to me that they don't care at all the repercussions of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    Mexican people ALWAYS have a way to circumvent the system, regardless of what system it is. Here on the border we suffer more than others in the country because of what they DON'T do in Mexico. Their environmental laws are a joke. They can drive across the bridges in their taco wagon vehicles spewing all kinds of crap into our air space. Just the type of gas they use in their cars is enough to make one choke. They have "open dump" burning and the fumes of what they burn are a constant irritation to us who live close to the border. My favorite is when they burn tires.
    Their restaurants are totally disgusting. Not even close to what they would need to pass an inspection on our side.
    One time when we were in Juarez we passed a chain link fence that had a hole in it and in the hole, someone had stuffed a dead bloated dog. People were walking by like it wasn't even there. The fire department was located right next to the fence.
    I don't even understand how ANY Mexican food products are allowed to be sold in the United States as there have been numerous food poisoning incidents from their foods. It just seems to me that they don't care at all the repercussions of anything.
    Thailand Philippines Turkey... It would seem that the American health care laws are a joke when you see how these people live, prepare food and eat. I swear any American would be dead in a week!!!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    hardline, maybe that is not a good thing?

I grew up in the country. We ate stuff from the woods (it was not poisonous, it was all edible...) chewed on "licorice" fern stems without washing them, wood sorrell, wild rhubarb and carrots right out of the garden only having wiped the dirt off. Many times my parents got fresh (raw, unpasteurized) milk from people they knew, fresh eggs, and we spent summers sleeping in friends barns, right above the cows, drank from hoses, ate lunch without washing our hands with antibacterial soap.....

All without getting sick once. Why though? Well, the body builds an immunity from being exposed to bacteria. Heck we even were known to drink stream water too. So now as an adult, I have the immune system some might envy, the last time I got sick with a bad virus was about 7 years ago, influenza A, all of us at once, my husband was out of town, and I was the caregiver while sick. I believe it is because of this childhood exposure to a lot, made my bodies defenses strong.

So it must be for these people. Although I believe in Creation, not evolution, I do believe that survival is of the fittest. If that means allowing more exposure to bacteria, then maybe Americans could do with more exposure (of course not to someones fecal contaminated hands preparing your food...)?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Personally I believe evolution points to God not away...evolution is the power of God in action to me. Intelligence to live, react, protect itself and change/evolve exists even in the tiniest microbe to mother earth herself...isn't that amazing?

But I have read a lot of articles on this same point of immunity. Breast feeding or at least mothers milk is PARAMOUNT to building a child's immune system. Kids formula fed tend to be sickly and weak. the immune system is trained and trainable. I fight with the dog over crap that falls on the floor...I have a gut like iron. I never get food poisoning and even with the flu I very rarely puke...sorry...nice visual huh?

I was "barn" farm raised too. With all the laws it simply is amazing that humans survived all these years without them!?

In fact...eating dirt has always been a part of human life...till now.

Geophagy - Eating Dirt
    A Traditional Practice Which Provides Nutrients to the Body

http://geography.about.com/cs/culturalg ... ophagy.htm

I know you love your kids so you might want to check this out also.

Fluoride, Aspartame and Agenda 21 *see description*

Do you think this video is true or faults?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd_Mg0xC ... re=related

Fluoride used by Nazis to sterilize inmates and make them docile. Fluoride a key dumbing down ingredient of Prozac and Sarin nerve gas -- poisons of choice for tyrant rats.
    http://www.greaterthings.com/Lexicon/F/Fluoride.htm

Always unnerves me that these people who cry racism at every turn are usually if not always the biggest racists in the room.

I work w/ many ethinic minorities at my hospital (and I'm not sure why they're called minorities anymore, anyway). Of course, you can't generalize, but one pseudo boss of mine treats me pretty crappy. She is Bolivian born and I've heard the word "gringo" slip out once or twice. She laughed and giggled when it happened ....it caught me by surprise, but if I hear it again, I'm going to complain.

The group I have a problem with is often the africans. Some are fine, but some of them are very cliquish and difficult to work with. One just outright hate whites. I just dont' get what she's doing here in this country if she so hates white people. It's very difficult for me to work w/ her, and many of them -- they have a very sullen look on their face all day and I just want to go smack it off of them. Again, not ALL -- not Africans in general -- just a few. Many I do enjoy working with.

Racism is an ugly and ignorant thing. When you are on the flip side of it, it isn't any fun.

Racist bias jealousy sexist bigotry homophobic religious persecutions and on and on...they are all under the same umbrella of unjustifiable hate. Even in ethnic groups all these things exist. It is just the way it is on planet earth and a part of the nature of all animal species. It will never change. It use to work to one sides advantage and now it is PC twisted to work for the other side. The worm turns so to speak. Eventually "reverse discrimination" law will begin to surface because as you say...whitie is fast becoming a overtly hated minority.

Hey...our great great grand dads had a great time abusing women and minorities. I guess now we have to pay that price!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast