Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Football Not American anymore?

here in the mid west (illinois) we are watching the Bears/Cowboys (chicago up by 3) and we noticed the commercials are in spanish. i am really getting fed up.....

That is disguisting. I haven't seen much of it here in Miami with football but have with baseball. It's like a huge Hispanic party which is sponsored by the Marlins. Then let's face it baseball is no longer an American sport anyways as the majority of the players are Cuban, Dominican or Venezuelan. Sad but true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Boycott. They don't deserve your loyalty. The games might as well be broadcast by Univsion or Telemundo as far as I am concerned anymore.

No it hasn't been for many years, it's another huge corporate [ don't get me wrong I believe in capitalism but it only works with fair trade ] entity . No sports player is worth what the lowest paid one gets ,the whole team isn't worth it . It's like Rome all over again .

When it cost us $100 to go to a game that was enough for me ,that is 1/4 of some peoples paycheck .

Sometimes I watch college sports .

Re: Football Not American anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    here in the mid west (illinois) we are watching the Bears/Cowboys (chicago up by 3) and we noticed the commercials are in spanish. i am really getting fed up.....
    Didn't you hear? It's Hispanic Heritage Month, they announced it before Gloria Estefan came on.....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Re: Football Not American anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    I was about to post this too. I'm in Dallas and we say the same thin. I was in a restaurant full of hispanics and they were cheering at Gloria Estefan as she stood on a stage that had "Futbol Americano" all around it.

This is NBC / General Electrics doing. They own Telemundo and are trying to push the hispanic audience as part of their contract with the NFL.

I am no longer watching NBC shows or Sunday night football thanks to this disgusting night.

The worst part was when they displayed the team names and scores in Spanish and Al Michaels was speaking spanish explaning the scores.

Tell NBC Sports what you think. Tell them you won't watch Heroes, Bionic Woman, NFL Football or the coming Olympic games on their network due to their airing spanish language content on an english language network.

nbcsports@nbc.com

also call and/or email your local affiliate and tell them you stopped watching NBC thanks to their spanish programming.

I was not watching the game but heard about it from people who did and they were not very happy about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sorry that email is bad.

Try GE at their HQ:
    (212) 836-2000

NBC's Phone #:
    (212) 664-4444

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast