Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt really hit the ball out of the park again tonight. He looked great, sounded great and I agree with the focus group - he could beat any Dem.

And since I can't have my one and only hero Tom Tancredo running, I'm going to take Tom's advice and follow Mitt. I trust Tom and what I've seen from Mitt, I like. I went on his website last night and looked at a bunch of his TV ads. They were really good.

www.mittromney.com

As for McLame and Hickabee -- yuk!! And poor Fred needs a nap.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Thompson ran second in my opinion in this debate
    I agree. I believe Thompson is a just a laid back person and that is just his personality. Hey, his communication is better than Bush. He had some really good throught processes tonight. Romney won the debate hands down.
    If John Wayne was here Id send em after Huck me too !!!

I thought that Romney was the clear winner tonight because of his clear,concise,and reasonable stand on the issues and he really showed the public that Mccain and Hucklebee are major wafflers and supporers of amnesty for illegal immigrants,call it what they want.Of course Guillani is also a supporter of amnesty.I get irritated whwn Mccain,Hucklebee,and Guilanni speak of sending the "2 million criminals" among the 12-20 million illegals home and allow the remainder to stay.In my opinion and according to our immigration laws they're ALL criminals by their illegal entry. Romney said,"where did you get the 2 million figure"? I like Thompson too and thought he did very well.Mccain using the "don't want to send the grandmother or mother of a soldier in Iraq home" is pandering at it's worse.No one that obeys the law should be or will be punished.Everyone else has to pay the price for disregarding our laws.No illegal,as far as I know is allowed to join our military.If they are in the military it is by hook or crook.Only green card holders or legal residents are eligable for enlistment.If their relatives are illegal,lawbreaking by one member of a family is not excused or forgiven by the good deeds of another.If that were true and just NO criminal would have to pay for their deeds.as I'm sure some member of their family has done a good deed somewhere.I know this is tough but the law is the law.

That 2 million criminal illegal alien figure really bugged me to. Supposedly it was from Chertoff. If they know these criminals are illegal - DEPORT THEM NOW!!!

xyz
    IF Tancredo had not endorsed him..and I believe he could beat Obama, I would not support Romney..because...he is too ready to fix everything.
    I am starting to like Fred Thompson..He answered correctly about repealing the Income Tax Amendment before going to another tax system.Tancredo pointed that out also..Or the Courts will have to declare a sales or flat tax UnConstitutional..
    I am starting to appreciate Fred's laziness..I am tired of Presidents "doing things.' I don't want to spend the next four years on the phone..
    WE need a President who will...stall Congress...like FogHorn Leghorn does to that chickenhawk...
    I like Fred..but I will support Romney..*sigh*
    Wish Tancredo had given us a chance to vote for him..

Quote Originally Posted by duece212
    Notice the focus group dial graph though? When Romney talked immigration they said the "90" rating the focus group gave was the highest Fox has seen
    Yes, I noticed that. This country is fired up about immigration. That happens every time they do the dial graph thing. Strong statements about immigration make the dial go off the charts. Romney also seemed to have won over that focus group, who did not go into it wanting to vote for him, but came out wanting to.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Romney has the BEST chance of pulling in Independent voters!!

All the Dems talk about is healthcare. Romney actually put into place a very successful healthcare program in Massachusetts-----based on competion and the market.

The others will just be able to talk about it-----but Romney actually did it!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Luntz focus group responses:

Romney: strong leader, with strong moral background, corporate leadersip, viable oppenent against Dem.

Huckabee: waffled!
    I was heartened to hear Luntz mention that illegal immigration is one of New Hampshire's top concerns.

Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, and Ron Paul were my top candidates(in that order), and I've only recently warmed to Mitt Romney. I began to take a second look at him during his address about his Mormon faith, and came away with a lot of respect for him. Because of his debate performances, I've come to believe he's probably the best man for the job. I say that with some regret, because I also think Duncan Hunter would make a very fine President. Hunter is barely on anyone's radar, however, and I think it's unrealistic to expect he'll gain enough support outside his current base to propel him much further at this point. If there was a campaign to raise awareness of his impressive credentials, it hasn't taken off. I will continue to support him as long as he's in the race, and it's my hope that if he drops out and the Republican party prevails, that he'll be asked to play a prominent role in the future administration. It would be most deserved.

Back to Romney, though: While watching and listening to him tonight, I suddenly had this thought...or instinct...or what have you...that he might turn out to be one of our finest Presidents in many years. I might be completely wrong on that, but I did find him very compelling and reassuring tonight. He looked and sounded Presidential. The only other Republican candidate I could say that about is Duncan Hunter. Maybe Hunter could be his VP.

I agree with you about Romney's potential. Because I was so focused on Tom, I didn't pay much attention to him. But watching last night's debate, I was glued to his every word.

Back to Romney, though: While watching and listening to him tonight, I suddenly had this thought...or instinct...or what have you...that he might turn out to be one of our finest Presidents in many years. I might be completely wrong on that, but I did find him very compelling and reassuring tonight. He looked and sounded Presidential.
    I got that same feeling. This man could be GREAT and just what we need!
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw