Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have heard very prominent Republicans say on television------they will not vote for McCain and they will not vote for Huckabee.

The person that I heard on CNN last night (I can't remember his name)-----pretty much said that he would vote for a Dem (I can't remember if he said Hillary or Obama)-----before he would vote for Huckabee!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    The thing that bothers me about Romney is that he comes across as wanting to help the average American, but his backers tell a different story. Somebody posted the list here somewhere and as I recall they are all big bankers and corporations. Sounds like another Bush Presidency to me. Label me skeptical,but I'm not ready to fall for all that smooth talk again. He may have done some things to correct illegal immigration in the past, but his flip flopping tells me that once in office he'll listen to his backers before listening to the American people. Of course, this is just my opinion on this candidate and is not meant to sway anyone's else's mind on their choice.
    Well, based on Ron Paul's past voting records------voting for the employers EVERY time over the US workers/citizens------you should be skeptical of him as well--------ESPECIALLY being that he does not want a fence and has NO plans for going after employers.

Also, he voted against Duncan Hunter's fence bill in 2005-----so I would say that he has done some flip-flopping as well!!
    Well, just to set the record straight, Ron Paul has voted for the fence in the past. He didn't on one bill because it had amnesty in it. You can check that out on NumbersUSA website. As for going after the employers who hire illegal aliens, Paul said in his interview with William that he would enforce the laws on the books. I think it's safe to say if you do this, plus the other things Paul would do such as cut off any social benefits, deny driver's licenses, refuse them education and health care, work to get birthright citizenship changed, enforce the border with more border patrol, you'll see a drastic drop in people crossing our borders illegally. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't have a tough stance on the illegal alien issue.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    This thread is about the press skewing Romney

We have hashed all this other stuff out before and it really
    doesn't need to be covered again

Go Romney
    Go Ron Paul
    Go Duncan Hunter

I know it is easy to automatically be anti-big business. But big business does have a place in our country. Big businesses create jobs, and often are the ones that offer better health care to americans. But, balance is the key here.

Here's my perspective - Romney has business accomplishments under his belt as well as political accomplishments. Last time we elected someone who has pretty much done nothing other than be a retarded governor. I don't think shrub has any accomplishments to speak of other than taking the greatest country on earth and pushing it to its' breaking point.

Mr. Romney is smart, talks details, and is accomplished. I want a smart businessman to fix our economy and handlle our trade issues/china. To me, economy is my #2 issue.

Also, as I pointed out before we are really lucky to have a front runner stick to his guns against the open borders libs. He could take the same stance as McCain and Huck and screw us all!

Mitt is it, the rest should quit!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Banned
    Bush was also set up in business early on but he sucked at it

Romney I think is a smart businessman

I hope we are right , but what are the alternatives? Huck? McCain?

Besides , I'm not picking Romney at this point because he appears to be the lesser of 2 evils , I'm going with him because I like him and think he
    may do some good

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Bush was also set up in business early on but he sucked at it

Romney I think is a smart businessman

I hope we are right , but what are the alternatives? Huck? McCain?

Besides , I'm not picking Romney at this point because he appears to be the lesser of 2 evils , I'm going with him because I like him and think he
    may do some good
    Hasn't shrub been given everything by riding the coat tails of daddy? He doesn't seem to me like the kind of person that has ever EARNED anything.

MSM and Romney

Well, now you Romney supporters know how Ron Paul supporters feel about the msm smearing your candidate.

I don't know where some of you get the idea that Ron Paul is weak on immigration. Ron Paul is still misunderstood. Ron Paul is not for the federal government having their hand in every pie. If it isn't on the enumerated powers of congress list in Article I Section 8, he votes no. Do you folks believe in the rule of law? (constitution) The 10th amendment states that what isn't listed in the constitution is left to the states and to the people. Ron Paul certainly would go after businesses that knowingly hire illegals. He also wants to cut off incentives such as free education, medical care, welfare to illegals. He wants to enforce existing laws and hire more border patrol agents.

You can't just look at a candidates voting record alone..you have to read the bill. Did it have midnight riders on it? If so, Ron Paul votes no. Ron Paul actually READS the bills. If they give the bill to him expecting a vote that night when he hasn't had the opportunity to read it..he votes no. (what a concept)

As far as Mitt Romney being genuine..no way. He is a flip flopper and tells people what they want to hear. The proof is in the pudding. Here are facts. He was pro abortion when he was campaigning for gov. in a blue state, now that he's a republican candidate for president suddenly he no longer supports abortion. Now he's anti gay marriage, but was governor of a state that passed gay marriage. What is it you are not seeing about him not being genuine? I would never vote for the guy.

I guess maybe we should look at his father's role in the neo con movement. He , George Bush (daddy) Cheney..neo cons. Once democrats turned republican. They pretty much forced Reagan into selecting George Bush as his running mate. That's when we lost Reagan to the neo con movement..and also , what sealed it is when they shot Reagan.

Post removed by me. I'm not going to get in a fight over primaries with people that are supposed to be on the same side as me.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Wiki is not a credible source of any information and
    its not a good idea to post it as credible

William was very clear on this the other day

attempting to smear a candidate that is favorable to us
    does not help our cause in any way
    I am sorry you see it as "smear". Wikipedia IS a credible source when properly documented and sourced. But if it is the policy of this board not to post links to Wiki, I will refrain.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Romney is no doubt a successful businessman, and has a good blend of private and public sector experience. And I also like the fact that he's a good family man.

Bottom line: I'm not saying I agree with everything in his platform, but he is far better than any of the Dems, and McCain, Huckabee and Giuliani. And I think of the above, he would most resist amnesty and support attrition as the way to deal with IAs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast