Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am a former Democrat, now an Independent.

I originally began supporting Romney because of his past actions and plans regarding the illegal invasion.

However, the more I learned of him-----the more I really began to like him for other reasons.

The fact that he inherited a $2 billion deficit when he took office in Mass. and turned it into a $2 billion surplus----without raising taxes.

The fact that he solved the health care crisis in Massachusetts------and his program is still in effect there now----again without raising taxes----but by using the free market and competition.

The fact that he is BRILLIANT in regard to business----everything he touches turns to gold------so I truly think that he can solve the economic problems in our country------and I truly do believe that he will save US jobs.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Wiki is not a credible source of any information and
    its not a good idea to post it as credible

William was very clear on this the other day

attempting to smear a candidate that is favorable to us
    does not help our cause in any way
    I am sorry you see it as "smear". Wikipedia IS a credible source when properly documented and sourced. But if it is the policy of this board not to post links to Wiki, I will refrain.
    I have no idea what board policy is on Wiki, you would have to ask a mod

I just said its not credible, at least not to me , because anybody can post anything about anybody

I am sorry you see it as "smear". Wikipedia IS a credible source when properly documented and sourced. But if it is the policy of this board not to post links to Wiki, I will refrain.
    Wikipedia is NOT a credible source-----ANYONE can go in there and add/delete information. There is nothing to screen to see if any of the information is accurate.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    The thing that bothers me about Romney is that he comes across as wanting to help the average American, but his backers tell a different story. Somebody posted the list here somewhere and as I recall they are all big bankers and corporations. Sounds like another Bush Presidency to me. Label me skeptical,but I'm not ready to fall for all that smooth talk again. He may have done some things to correct illegal immigration in the past, but his flip flopping tells me that once in office he'll listen to his backers before listening to the American people. Of course, this is just my opinion on this candidate and is not meant to sway anyone's else's mind on their choice.
    Well, based on Ron Paul's past voting records------voting for the employers EVERY time over the US workers/citizens------you should be skeptical of him as well--------ESPECIALLY being that he does not want a fence and has NO plans for going after employers.

Also, he voted against Duncan Hunter's fence bill in 2005-----so I would say that he has done some flip-flopping as well!!
    Well, just to set the record straight, Ron Paul has voted for the fence in the past. He didn't on one bill because it had amnesty in it. You can check that out on NumbersUSA website. As for going after the employers who hire illegal aliens, Paul said in his interview with William that he would enforce the laws on the books. I think it's safe to say if you do this, plus the other things Paul would do such as cut off any social benefits, deny driver's licenses, refuse them education and health care, work to get birthright citizenship changed, enforce the border with more border patrol, you'll see a drastic drop in people crossing our borders illegally. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't have a tough stance on the illegal alien issue.
    I am not going to spend my time looking up and posting all of Ron Paul's past voting records-----or why his plan of just cutting off welfare and opening the borders would NOT work as far as stopping the illegals. Or the fact that he has no plans for going after employers----and wants the border open----makes it clear that he wants illegals to be able to take the jobs of US citizens.

I will just tell people to go to http://www.numbersusa.com so that they can read for themselves. Click on "presidential candidates" on the right of the screeen.

I just said its not credible, at least not to me , because anybody can post anything about anybody
    I guess I misunderstood.. I thought you said William said so..

If the information is properly sourced it is Credible. Especially the articles that get heavy attention. Read a discussion page on an article. You will see people do care about getting good info. But true bogus info can get in articles.

But in the end we all have to decide for ourselves what is and is not credible. And to be honest, I and finding credible sources of material fewer and far between
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

If the information is properly sourced it is Credible. Especially the articles that get heavy attention.

But in the end we all have to decide for ourselves what is and is not credible. And to be honest, I and finding credible sources of material fewer and far between
    No matter what the issue, you shouldn't use Wikopedia as a credible source. It is fine to use it as a starting point-----taking info from there to see if it is credible-----but as far as credibility from Wikipedia alone----it is definitely NOT a credible source.

Banned

If the information is properly sourced it is Credible. Especially the articles that get heavy attention. Read a discussion page on an article. You will see people do care about getting good info. But true bogus info can get in articles.

William very clearly said it doesn't help our cause to post articles that are not from credible sources that ding or defame one of the people that are clearly running that are against illegal immigration , I think his list of people were Romney, Paul, Hunter and Thompson

How is posting info about the company the man founded "smear"?

I think he is an excellent Business man. From what I can tell his ethics are good. I believe he has the best of intentions for this country. I may not agree with all his plans and ideas, but the only way I would agree with a candidate 100% is if I ran for President.. lol
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

How is posting info about the company the man founded "smear"?

I think he is an excellent Business man. From what I can tell his ethics are good. I believe he has the best of intentions for this country. I may not agree with all his plans and ideas, but the only way I would agree with a candidate 100% is if I ran for President.. lol
    I think that William said to be careful what information you are posting and from what sources-----due to many other people visiting this site (I believe this is what he said, but I cannot find the post).

Anyways, do your own research on that company-----as I did the other day. You will see that it is harmless. Google the name and it should show you what they do, their mission statement, etc.

Wow...........Look at this.........Romney is now showing 52 delegates. Second place is the "Huckster" with 22!!

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#R

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast