Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Lunch/About ... tSheet.pdf

According to this the schools get $2.24 per lunch. The county schools where I am charge $2.00 for pay as you go lunches. So they are making money off of this program.

Are there illigals making the food too? After all, I would assume that would be listed as a job that no American wants, right?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I found an interesting article about free lunches from an area in my state. Obviously the author didn't want to dig into the truth of the problem. One thing that jumped out at me is the mention of multiple families living in the same house. That sounds a lot like illegal immigrant families to me. For some reason racial demographics of the poor is totally ignored.

http://www.hesperiastar.com/story.php?id=1061_0_1_0_M

Students on federal lunch plan jumped 51 percent in 2004-05 school year
    By BEAU YARBROUGH/Staff Writer

The number of students in the Hesperia Unified School District qualifying for federal free or reduced cost lunch programs jumped approximately 51 percent in the last school year, according to information released Monday by the California Department of Education.

The data was collected as part of the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 California Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program testing. Preliminary results were released Monday. The information showed a jump of 51 percent in students in grades two through 11 who qualified for free or reduced cost school lunches under the National School Lunch Program administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

During the 2003-2004 school year, 4,827 students between grades two through 11 - the grades tested for the STAR Program - qualified for free or reduced cost school lunches. In the 2004-2005 school year, 7,308 students qualified, an increase of 51 percent. The overall testing population only grew 10 percent in the same period.

What exactly is happening is hard to know. The jump could be due to a loss of income by local families, more families being aware of how to apply for program assistance, an influx of poor families, or something else. Testing information is kept confidential, but Mark McKinney, Assistant Superintendent of Personnel Services for the Hesperia Unified School District, has some guesses as to what is going on. McKinney presented preliminary results from the Department of Education report at last week’s school board meeting.

In the 2002-2003 school year, “the numbers actually went down,� McKinney said. “Back then, I surmised, we have all this growth happening. ... Then, as the year progressed, we [learned the school district has] multiple families living in the same house.� The growth the school district was seeing included new families living in poverty conditions, who would qualify for the federal programs.

“That, obviously, is a single, not conclusive, but we’ve got a lot of people who might, individually, have lower economic status.�

A large portion of the city’s current real estate boom is made up of Angelenos who cannot afford to buy a home in Los Angeles but can afford one in Hesperia.

By definition, new residents priced out of buying in Los Angeles would include some who would be below the poverty line.

“I don’t know how tight the correlation is there, but there is a correlation,� McKinney said. “I think it’s a combination of the growth aspect and the demographics of that growth.�

Beau Yarbrough can be reached at
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow! 51%.

Is your state facing a constant budget crisis as NC is Brian?

Wait...what am I saying. You are in CA. The state budget has been destroyed beyond repair already.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    There is no budget in California. They just sweep the mess under the rug every year.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

General Strike

People!!

GENERAL STRIKE... GENERAL STRIKE....GENERAL STRIKE...

ad infinitum, til "they" say UNCLE!

Yes, that's right the Gov't is our Uncle, let's turn him in for abusing us.

I say FREE and REDUCED lunch for US Citizens, and make all the illegals, darn, excuse me again, UNDOCUMENTED WORKER'S children and their parents pay FULL PRICE!

Those of us that are childless, yet pay school taxes via homeownership, feel exactly the same way! Unless this money is being used exclusively for the benefit of the children of Americans citizens, we are being robbed!

haha

Grey Parrot!!! You still have money? You better keep it quiet. hahha cheers glenn

Where I use to live inVirginia, the school provided free breakfast and lunch and the application forms are in 20 different languages

Where I use to live inVirginia, the school provided free breakfast and lunch and the application forms are in 20 different languages
    I can go one better! Here in New Castle County DE., the free breakfast and lunch program is year round. We have designated county buildings that host the program during the summer months. Participation is heartily encouraged via our statewide newspaper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast