Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As is the case at many of the district's most crowded schools, Ramona's largely minority students all qualify for the federal government's free or reduced-price lunch program and many are just learning English.
    Just because they're English classes in your schedule, doesn't mean that it is learned.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Somebody's gotta stop these federal jackasses
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YUP! Didn't you all know about this too? My wife's Mexican friend admitted that they cheated on the form so they could get free lunch. A guy I work with, a naturalized citizen from Ecuador, brought his wife and HER two kids in from Ecuador and he was filling out these free lunch gforms one day. This guy makes $70,000 a year at least so he had to be cheating on the income part of the form?

Again, the problem here folks is a US of A that wil deny no one? Close the door and stop the aid and they willnot come! Tell them NO MAS!

BTW If you are about to send your children to a school where more than say 30% of the kids are eligible for FREE lunch then really you do not want your kid in that school! This is our dilema next year too! Sell the house or risk a lousy educating...the mexicans are buying all the houses near us...sad but true! How many are ILLEGAL? This is the question!!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I wonder how this will effect the free lunch program. Our Governor just signed this one into law.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/D8CL34SO7.html

Calif. Gov. Signs Ban on School Junk Food
    Sep 15 10:48 PM US/Eastern

By TOM CHORNEAU
    Associated Press Writer

SACRAMENTO, Calif

The food served in California schools will be healthier starting next fall under legislation signed Thursday by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The new laws impose a campus ban on the sale of sodas, set a new nutritional standard for vending-machine snacks, and require more fruits and vegetables in meal planning.

The former bodybuilding champion and fitness expert said the new rules are all part of a new effort to fight childhood obesity.

"California is facing an obesity epidemic," Schwarzenegger said at a conference on childhood obesity. "And more and more, children are becoming part of the problem."

Lawmakers made California the first state in the nation to ban the sale of soft drinks in middle and elementary schools two years ago. One of the bills signed by the governor Thursday will expand that ban to include high schools.

Beginning next July, students will be allowed to buy only water, milk, and some fruit and sport drinks that have limited sweeteners.

The governor also signed a bill that will raise nutritional standards for foods sold in school vending machines and regulate the number of calories that can come from fat and sugar. It also takes effect next July.

Another bill provides $18.2 million during this fiscal year to offer more fruits and vegetables in school meal programs.

The California bills set a new standard nationally for healthy school foods, according to the Washington D.C.-based Center for Science in the Public Interest.

"Coke, Pepsi and other junk-food marketers enjoy being in schools because they know it is one of the only places they can target kids without parental interference," said Margo Wootan, the center's nutritional policy director said in a statement.

"But in California, parents have clearly had enough, and leaders of both parties took notice," she said.

Susan Neely, president of the American Beverage Association, called the ban on sodas "unnecessary" and said that students and parents would have been better served by a voluntary program.

"We believe this complex problem would be more effectively addressed by educating students on the importance of living a balanced lifestyle," Neely said in a statement.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234