Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Frist now supports "enforcement first"

According to the Washington Times, Frist has conceded that "comprehensive reform" (read: amnesty) is dead for now and that Congress should move ahead with stricter enforcement, including 700 miles of border fencing, in the mean time:

On the Senate floor last night, Mr. Frist said he still supports comprehensive immigration reform legislation. But, he said, because no consensus can now be reached on other issues, Congress should move ahead with border security. It's not "enforcement only," he said, but "enforcement first."

"Border security is the essential first step of any effort to enact immigration reform," Mr. Frist said. "Only when we have convinced the American people of our commitment to securing our borders will we be able to reach a consensus on comprehensive immigration reform."
    Is this just election year pandering, or does an enforcement only bill now have a chance?

Re: Frist now supports "enforcement first"

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    According to the Washington Times, Frist has conceded that "comprehensive reform" (read: amnesty) is dead for now and that Congress should move ahead with stricter enforcement, including 700 miles of border fencing, in the mean time:

On the Senate floor last night, Mr. Frist said he still supports comprehensive immigration reform legislation. But, he said, because no consensus can now be reached on other issues, Congress should move ahead with border security. It's not "enforcement only," he said, but "enforcement first."

"Border security is the essential first step of any effort to enact immigration reform," Mr. Frist said. "Only when we have convinced the American people of our commitment to securing our borders will we be able to reach a consensus on comprehensive immigration reform."
    Is this just election year pandering, or does an enforcement only bill now have a chance?
    It's probably a little of both CrocketsGhost, let's just hope it's for real and not a ploy to get our votes in November

Banned
    A vote next week will certainly be enlightening as to November.

Frist is the worst of the worst, even as politicians go. He'll swing whichever way the payoff is greener and at a moment's notice. He'd vote for world destruction if it offered an opportunity to kiss bush's A$$.

Whatever he has to say is pointless. He's already proven that to any American who was listening during the initial senate bill hearings. He had a poll on HIS website that went overwhelmingly against illegal criminals and yet he voted just the opposite of the results.

Just another windbag, but a major one unfortunately.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

You can put Mr. Frist in the pandering column but at least and at last he's pandering to American voters ( this time.)He clearly sees which way the wind is blowing now.

Hey Frist!

Nobody believes you puppet!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Personally, I don't care WHY they vote for enforcement, just so long as they DO vote for enforcement and actually provide funds and mandate their use.

MW
    You know, a lot of Americans have been trying to pound our elected representatives into submission for a while now. It is possible that we could change someones mind. After all, isn't that what we've been attempting to do? I'm not so naive as to think we've actually turned someone completely around, especially Frist, but it is possible that we've pressured a couple of those folks on the Hill and weakened their pro-illegal position.

Hey, I can dream can't I.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well as for Frist. These are the same words he said before he pushed that sorry amensty bill earlier.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    You know, a lot of Americans have been trying to pound our elected representatives into submission for a while now. It is possible that we could change someones mind. After all, isn't that what we've been attempting to do? I'm not so naive as to think we've actually turned someone completely around, especially Frist, but it is possible that we've pressured a couple of those folks on the Hill and weakened their pro-illegal position.

Hey, I can dream can't I.
    That's what I'm thinking. The point of sites like this one is to change votes. If pressure has managed to change Frist's vote, that doesn't make him any less a scalawag, but it does make him less a scalawag than someone who still votes against enforcement first. If we can get this fence bill passed and implemented, I'm happy to call it a victory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast