Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I had some thoughts as I lay in bed getting ready to sleep.

• *The name we should give the flood of immigrants is "Hurricane Bush"(Kinda cheezy I know )

• *The second thought was we have to be vigilant and cautious, there will be an after shock of sorts in the south. There will be a tsunami of a flood that will rush into the void of destruction. That flood will be illegal. After all, America will be in desperate need of cheap labor to rebuild the southern United States.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

here is a web site where you can go and check gass prices in any state.

http://www.southcarolinagasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=A
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

http://www.dldewey.com/gasprice.htm

Oil prices per barrel could reach $80.00 a barrel by October 2005 and $100.00 a barrel by
    December, 2005. Gasoline could reach $7-$8 dollars a gallon. ~

~ 20 oils rigs have been destroyed or are missing in the affected region according to the Coast Guard. ~

In addition to the worst disaster to hit the United States in 100 years and the untold possible thousands of deaths in the region where hurricane Katrina hit, consumers have something else to worry about. Rising gasoline, heating oil and natural gas prices, which will trigger inflation for everything across the board. Energy is tied to every facet of the economic sector.

Unleaded gas futures edged closer to $3 a gallon Wednesday. Despite an announcement from the White House that oil will be released from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, oil futures climbed above $70 a barrel as an unexpected decline in inventories are expected.

An already overworked refining capability in the country has taken another serious blow. It appears that a refinery whch produces gasoline for the Diamond Shamrock gasoline chain has been destroyed in Louisiana. This will cause gasoline prices to soar in the coming days because demand will outweight refinery capability supply.

Having enough oil is not the major problem. Having the refining capacity to refine it is. Releasing oil from the reseves will have little impact on gasoline prices that will soar in the coming days and weeks.

Add to these facts - the market realizes that Hurricane Katrina's devastation at the Gulf Coast hasn't been factored into the nation's petroleum supply report -- at least not until next week's data, which will cause another price soar.

"Hurricane Katrina's impact will only begin to impact the data next Wednesday," said Jason Schenker, an economist at Wachovia Corp.

As of Tuesday, 735 oil and natural-gas rigs and platforms were unmanned in the Gulf of Mexico, according to the Minerals Management Service. The evacuations halted the movement of more than 1.4 million barrels a day of oil production, or 95.2% of the region's regular output. Daily natural-gas production dropped by 8.8 billion cubic feet of gas, or 88% of production in the Gulf, the MMS said.

"The move by the President to release SPR product will contain further price spikes" for crude, said John Person, president of National Futures Advisory Service. But only "as long as we see improvement in the restructure in the LOOP [Louisiana Offshore Oil Port] and Gulf of Mexico region refineries capacity ability to get back to operating within the next two weeks." This is very unlikely to occur.

Given that, "$4 gasoline will likely be visited upon consumers in many areas very shortly," he said. And that is already occuring.

Heating oil this winter will also increase. Oil prices per barrel could reach $80.00 a barrel by October 2005 and $100.00 a barrel by December, 2005. States that do not regulate natural gas prices, will see soaring prices in the winter months. Oil and gas production capabilities have been destroyed in the Gulf.

[/img]
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

<<<<The name we should give the flood of immigrants is "Hurricane Bush"(Kinda cheezy I know)>>>>

I like that, I like that a LOT.

Gas has gone up thirty cents since last night here in VA! It will definitely go higher over the next couple of days. Jorge Bush is a rotten bastard who, along with his cronies, are profiting mightily from this. I'm serious, his corporate cronies must have done cartwheels and backflips when the hurricane went down because they knew they could line up their pockets and spike the gas prices up another 30-40 cents a day for the next few weeks and use the hurricane as an excuse. Jorge Bush only gives tepid solutions to the problem. He must be afraid to offend his buddies at Haliburton.

Oh and I bet all his illegal alien buddies will be lining their pockets for the FEMA money they are about to receive. The illegal aliens and Bush's corporate cronies are laughing all the way to the bank at our expense. We must be mentally ill as a nation to allow this insanity to continue.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

tms

U.S. oil recovery from Katrina could take months

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/0 ... 62099.html

Sep 01 1:17 PM US/Eastern

By Paul Thomasch

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Flooding, power outages and storm damage from Hurricane Katrina left the U.S. oil industry in disarray Thursday, as industry and government officials warned it could take months to restore a devastated refining system.

Even as some oil pipelines and storage systems started to resume operations, gasoline prices kept rising and the government estimated it could take key refineries "several months" to resume full production of petroleum products.

Along the Gulf Coast, the heart of the refining industry, eight refineries representing more than 10 percent of overall U.S. capacity remained shut after deadly Hurricane Katrina slammed into Louisiana and Mississippi.

Red Cavaney, president of the American Petroleum Institute, said few crews had arrived yet to assess damage at the shut refineries.

Further north, a dozen plants in states such as Ohio and Illinois also curtailed production due to pipeline problems.

With concerns about supply mounting -- and no clear picture of when production would return to normal -- red-hot gasoline prices continued to soar. Futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange shot up 17.47 cents to $2.43 per gallon.

In one encouraging sign, Marathon Petroleum Co. LLC said on Thursday it plans to restart this weekend its 245,000 barrel-per-day oil refinery in Garyville, Louisiana, the biggest refinery to resume operations after Hurricane Katrina.

But Murphy Oil Corp. said it could not provide a timetable for the restart of its partially flooded 125,000 barrel-per-day refinery in Meraux, Louisiana.

"While repair to part of the plant's electrical equipment and instrumentation, as well as a general cleanup of the facility, will be necessary, the refinery appears to have sustained no major damage from the storm," it said.

Valero Energy Corp. said Thursday it requested a loan of 1.5 million barrels of crude oil for three refineries from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve. It said the oil should allow it to bring its Krotz Springs, Louisiana, plant to full production by Sunday.

Chevron Corp. declined to comment on the state of its 325,000 bpd refinery in Pascagoula, Mississippi, which has been closed since before Katrina made landfall.

STAFF MISSING, PLATFORMS TOPPLED

PIRA Energy Group Chairman John Lichtblau said problems could linger through the end of the year. "Hopefully, three months from now situation will be resolved. I don't think anyone knows how much damage there is to refineries."

The industry's problems extend beyond flooded refineries, however. Most Gulf of Mexico oil and natural gas production -- accounting for about one-quarter of all U.S. output -- also remains out of service.

Independent oil and gas producer Apache Corp. said it lost eight production platforms with output of 7,158 barrels of oil and 12.1 million cubic feet of natural gas a day.

Companies are also struggling to get in touch with staff, particularly those in New Orleans which has deteriorated into chaos due to flooding, looting, and power failures.

Apache and Anadarko Petroleum Corp. said even if they could get their rigs running, production amounts will depend on conditions of the pipelines and storage facilities.

"We are getting production up as much as we can, but this also depends on how soon pipelines can become available," said Apache spokesman Bill Mintz.

In that regard, an industry already strained by rising U.S. and Asian demand has reported some measure of progress.

The Capline pipeline, the main crude pipeline between the Gulf Coast and the Midwest, has returned to service but will continue to run at reduced rates.

Two other pipelines, the Colonial and the Plantation, were both operating on Thursday but at reduced flow rates.

Tommy Martinez. executive director of the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port, an import facility, said unloading could start Friday.

"Everything was structurally sound," he said.

(Additional reporting by Timothy Gardner, Randy Fabi, Richard Valdmanis, Robert Gibbons and Ben Berkowitz)

One Of Two Major Gas Pipelines Restarting System

http://www.wral.com/news/4924789/detail.html

Colonial Pipeline announced that it is safely restarting its pipeline. Roughly 90 percent of North Carolina gasoline comes from the Colonial pipeline that begins in Texas and the Plantation pipeline in Louisiana, traveling through other hard-hit areas in Mississippi and Alabama.

Initial service restoration will provide between 25 percent and 35 percent of Colonial's normal operating capacity. Both gasoline and distillate service is included in this system restart. Company officials said its first priority through all of the restart activities is the protection of public safety and the environment.

Both pipeline companies expect to be operating fully by late Thursday, a Transportation Department spokesman said.

the word

The word that comes to mind is somnambulistic, use that in a sentence!

S O M N A M B U L I S T I C, somnambulistic.

The average american has the awareness of a somnambulistic stinkbug.

The president has set the example, everybody ought to get their bikes in good repair.
    cheers glenn

tms

North Carolina governor: Stay home for Labor Day

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=46089

North Carolina governor:
    Stay home for Labor Day
    Democrat warns: 'We're not out of gas, but we are running low'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: September 1, 2005
    3:49 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Far from the mayhem caused by Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana and Mississippi, some are beginning to fret about the availability of gasoline along the mid-Atlantic Coast.

North Carolina Gov. Mike Easley is urging people to stay at home for the Labor Day weekend and save gasoline.

"This is not only a state problem, this is also a regional and national problem," Easley said at a news conference in Raleigh. "We're not out of gas, but we are running low. We must take steps to conserve our resources while we learn the full extent of the problems and while Washington works toward a regional and national strategy."

Cape Hatteras, N.C., ravaged by Hurricane Isabel in September 2003 (NASA photo)
    "I am immediately suspending all non-essential state government travel. I am asking state employees to carpool wherever possible," the Democrat added. "North Carolina understands hurricanes. We have been through them and we know that we will weather this one as we have in the past."

Gasoline prices in the Outer Banks of North Carolina jumped some 30 cents in 24 hours to hover around the $3 per gallon mark last night, and much of the state's supply of fuel has been cut.

"I don't know when my next load is going to arrive," Dennis O'Shell, owner of Nags Head Shell, told the Virginian-Pilot. "Right now, it's a day-to-day thing."

Two pipelines that supply gasoline to much of the South went dry Monday, but one was restored with reduced capacity by yesterday. An official with the AAA Carolinas said supplies would likely be limited for a time, but citizens shouldn't panic.

"If people are running out and filling their tanks now, they're making the problems worse," AAA's Tom Crosby told the Pilot. "They're creating an unusual spike in demand. Unfortunately, as Americans, we're more interested in the me, me, me than collectively solving the problem."

Michael Harden of Rocky Mount, N.C., had planned on taking his family to visit in-laws in the Outer Banks this weekend, but canceled his plans after gas prices approached the $3 mark.

My wife works in Wilson and in Rocky Mount; she'll probably have to quit one of [her jobs]," he told the Rocky Mount Telegram. "By the time she gets lunch and buys gas, she's working for free."

Gas is now $3.69 and they are stop selling at 2:30PM till tomorrow morning.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast