Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gas Price check. Weigh in from around the nation

Well folks, good ole North Carolina woke up this morning to find gas prices had been spiked up to 2.99 per gallon.

Prices were around 2.60 the night before.

How is it where you are at?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unleaded 2.69 - 3.00
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

At the Beach. $2.57.9 yesterday $2.89.9 so far today. Yesterday I gassed up in Myrtle Beach at $2.45.9
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$2.91 regular, $3.15 premium in coastal Central California.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

tms

I live in SouthEastern Douglas County, Colorado. Sunday and Monday Gas Prices were around $2.49-2.60 reg unleaded now it's up to $2.69-2.85 or more and climbing!! Some local gas stations here are now going over $3.00 a gallon, I heard that one is charging $4.00 a gallon?? Price gouging reports will be on our local news tonight?

Hey if you live in Aspen or Eagle County it's probably closer to $3.40 or $3.50!

Check these sites out for more info:

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/
    http://www.gasbuddy.com/
    http://www.thetrucker.com/Daily%20Diesel%20Prices.aspx
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by tms
    I live in SouthEastern Douglas County, Colorado. Sunday and Monday Gas Prices were around $2.49-2.60 reg unleaded now it's up to $2.69-2.85 or more and climbing!! Some local gas stations here are now going over $3.00 a gallon, I heard that one is charging $4.00 a gallon?? Price gouging reports will be on our local news tonight?

Hey if you live in Aspen or Eagle County it's probably closer to $3.40 or $3.50!

Check these sites out for more info:

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/
    http://www.gasbuddy.com/
    http://www.thetrucker.com/Daily%20Diesel%20Prices.aspx
    i hear that Wyoming has been lower than us for sometime now.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

All the gloom and doom about gas shortages arent helping things. We have plenty of gas, all we have to do is tap into congress.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

tapping in to congress would only get us hot air.

tms

ok so if we have plenty of gas then what is going on in GA and in Alanta? People are crazy

Gas getting even costlier; lines reported
    Governor enacts anti-gouging law

By STACY SHELTON
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 08/31/05

Lines at Atlanta area gas pumps grew along with prices this afternoon as word spread of possible fuel shortages.

By noon today, several metro Atlanta gas stations had posted prices above $3.15 per gallon. Some metro area stations were charging as much as $4.75 a gallon, according to a Web site that keeps track of such things, www.atlantagasprices.com.
    MOST POPULAR STORIES

* Gas getting even costlier; lines reported
    * Ex-Falcon charged with 3 counts of armed robbery
    * Gas pipelines down
    * New Orleans under water
    * Alabama beach flattened

Prices were rising so fast in some areas that signs at gas stations no longer matched what was being charged at the pumps.

Declaring that there's "credible evidence" of price-gouging at the gas pumps, Gov. Sonny Perdue late Wednesday signed an executive order threatening to impose heavy fines on gasoline retailers who overcharge Georgia drivers.

"When you prey upon the fears and the paranoia, it is akin to looting, and it is abominable," Perdue said at a hastily called, 6 p.m. press conference.

The anti-gouging law does not prevent retailers from selling gas at higher rates but bars them from charging what the governor called "unreasonable or egregious" prices. It was last used after Hurricane Ivan hit Georgia.

Perdue also urged motorists to limit Labor Day vacation travel if possible. "There is no reason to panic. There is plenty of gas on the way. The only way we would have problems is if people rush out and try to horde and try to accumulate gasoline they won't need for a while," the governor said today.

Jim Tudor, president of the Georgia Association of Convenience Stores, said panicky drivers are the problem now.

"Atlanta's not out of gas," Tudor said. He said there may be outages at some gas stations, "but it wasn't because there wasn't gas available. It was because there was a run on these stores."

Spot shortages and news snippets ignited rumors that shot through e-mails, text messages, and telephone calls Wednesday. A popular one said state troopers were closing all gas stations at 4 p.m.; they didn't.

Some good news also trickled in. At 4 p.m., the Colonial Pipeline Company which owns one of the two downed gas pipelines serving metro Atlanta, sent out a news release saying some service will be restored tonight. Between 25 to 35 percent of the pipeline's capacity could be operational in hours. The company is using generators to re-energize the line.

According to Tudor, it generally takes about two days for gasoline, jet fuel and other refined oil products in the pipeline to reach Atlanta.

A manager at Costco in Morrow said at noon that prices at her store had not risen yet, but lines are long at the pumps. She would not give her name, but said she does expect lower supplies â€â€
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

oh the Prices here in Cincy, are 3.19 for regular.

I did hear in Atlanta some are charging, 4.99 a gallon.

I bet when the next quater profits come out for big oil companies. It will be a billions more then they made this last quarter.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast