Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

25% WOW, that is OUTSTANDING. Are all the votes actually counted because it looks like Jim is gaining?

Darn....I was really hoping the people of this California district would see the light. Well, more every day it seems do so this is great news!

barth....can Jim run again in 06? Or does that seat not come up again until then? It should come up again in 06?

Let us know.

Thanks and great work out there!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow 25 percent. That's almost unheard of for a third party. Too bad Jim didn't have another month to further weaken Campbell. That guy could easily be had next time around.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

POST ELECTION COMMENTARY

Well the election results are in. JG got 25% of the vote. Assuming OC is a Republican leaning county, JG probably pulled most of his votes from the winning Republican. Unfortunately the lesson that many politicians will learn from this election is that if the district is overwhelmingly a Republican (or Democratic for that matter) district, you don't have to be tough on illegal immigration to win the election. In this case, the winning Republican basically lost 25% of the vote to JC but still handily defeated his Democratic opponent by a wide margin. That's not good.

If not victory, I was hoping that JG would have gotten enough votes to be a factor in the outcome of the election. That's what gets politicians attention. It just didn''t happen this time.

That being said...JG seems to have done a good job as a novice candidate with a relatively short period to campaign. Campaigning is tough so JG deserves a pat on the back and a thank you. I hope he decides to run again. With the experience he gained from this election, he will be better prepared for the next election if he decides to run again. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to beat an incumbent...and this open seat was a rare opportunity to get a foot in the door.

Time will tell if the illegal immigration issue debate heats up enough to sway many more voters at the polls...which it must. If the issue doesn't have enough traction in CA....I have to wonder where will it?

I've said this many times before....the best way (and perhaps the only way) to win this is to get like-minded people elected to local and state party offices...so they can influence the selection of "endorsed" party candidates.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Re: POST ELECTION COMMENTARY

Time will tell if the illegal immigration issue debate heats up enough to sway many more voters at the polls...which it must. If the issue doesn't have enough traction in CA....I have to wonder where will it?
    Steve, it's heating up in places that would NEVER wait 30 years to say, "I think we have a problem."

California was first invaded and because it is a land of plenty, or was when this illegal immigration debacle started, and because of the kind and generous nature of Californians in general....the fact they they are stuck in traffic more hours a day than most Americans....the fact that they have a beautiful state that helps distract them.....and other personal reasons associated with the nature of Californians in general......they said to themselves....oh well, there's room, we'll worry about it tomorrow.

Now, many of your communities are occupied and controlled by illegal immigrants. These communities will not reflect how Americans feel at the ballot box on a regional or district vote.

The NATION will resolve the issue, one election at a time, one day at a time, one group at a time, one district at a time. It is too big of an issue for an individual Congressional District to reflect by itself.

I can assure you that 90% of the 44% that voted for Campbell will deeply regret that decision by Easter if Campbell doesn't operate as an American. They look like Americans during the "campaign' in their pretty suits, make-up, sprayed hair-do's, all cheerful, patting backs, giving hugs, kissing the babies, and promising whatever to whoever to gain your trust.

But when they see it was just a "mirage", part of the "fog" to implement Open Borders in the United States, World Government, and the effective dissolution of America.....then I "tinks" they'll say, "Oh boy, we're in Deep Twit Now" and Californians like all Americans will be rushing out to buy their own bushel of Tomatoes For Traitors and Join the Tosss to THROW THE BUMS OUT OF DC selling out our nation and the American People!!

I still believe in Americans, because I still believe in Cowboys.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    John and Ken reported on their radio show today that Gilchrist beat Campbell on election day votes 12,000 to 10,000. It was the absentee ballots that were the deciding factor in the election. It would be interesting to know how many absentee voters would have liked to change their vote if they had a chance.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

barth, I agree with you. 25% is wonderful! especially with 6 candidates.

I wish he'd won but I really didn't expect he was going to.

There is too much rumbling going on in the background from Californians who should have supported him.

But we have got to do better in the next elections to actually get third party candidates into office.

I was surprised a republican won in CA, though. I don't know much about that particular area but the area where my sister lives is VERY liberal Democrat.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ, Orange county is primarily a republican/conservative area...Brian was right about the absentee ballots, also another thing I havent heard much on(I missed most of John and Ken) is the fact that JG only lost by a few % points to the leading dem. JG also has very little political clout among the very rich Republicans residing in OC, he also has had very little experience in running for office and most people get their feet wet on something like city council first before going after a big slot like a congressman. As I said in an earliar post...I am very pleased with his numbers.

P.S. I grew up in OC when it was nothing but strawberrys and slowly watched the illegals take over Santa Ana...very sad. I had to sell my house and move a few years ago.
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

P.S. I grew up in OC when it was nothing but strawberrys and slowly watched the illegals take over Santa Ana...very sad. I had to sell my house and move a few years ago.
    Barth, people often criticize those of us who move away and just let them take over. I will be one of those people who move and let them have it soon. We planned to move away anyway but if we weren't I'd be looking for a new home here in the area because I can't stand it much longer. I can't say that I won't literally celebrate when I leave this illegal infested city.

Our next door neighbors got robbed yesterday in broad daylight! I came home from work to find this woman in tears on my porch before I ever got my coat and lunch box put up.

It's true that when I put my house on the market a Mexican who will probably speak little or no English will snap it up to either rent or resell it. This is an older neighborhood with houses that are affordable to immigrants and families starting out. There is a good probablilty that an illegal will buy it or live in it.

The last two houses sold in the area were sold to people who I would figure as illegals. But there is nothing I can do about it. I don't know what others who don't live in this mayhem expect from us sometimes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Go to the Gilchrist web site to see the break down of the voting between absentee voting compared to election day voting for all the candidates. I would try cutting and pasting the chart but don't think it will come out clear on the forum.

http://www.jimgilchrist.com/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WHY SO MUCH ABSENTEE VOTING???

FINAL ELECTION COMMENTS

Wow! I thought someone made an error! But I checked the CA election website and the % of absentee votes of total votes cast was enormous. Is this usual for CA elections? If I ever saw such heavy absentee voting in Ohio I would suspect error/fraud.

I also noticed that turnout for the election was only 25%...and that includes an enormous number of voters' voting absentee.

There is a major opportunity for an upset in the next election if JC puts together an excellent GOTV program for election day.

Anyone know what the typical turnout is in this are for a non-presidential year general election?

Were people unaware of the election? Apathetic? Other?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast