Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Both Paul and Trancedo performed poorly, in my opinion. Paul came off as a bit nutty, saying he was against just about everything the other candidates were for (I thought this was a liberal not a Republican!). Trancedo was unfortunately very uncomfortable in this format and stumbled and stammered over his words nearly every time. You have to know your material and be able to speak smoothly in these debates, which Trancedo was not able to do.

Hunter actually performed very well!! I didn't know anything about him, and he stood out for me among the candidates.

I would go for Guliani if he didn't flip-flop on the issues so much!! (e.g. "I hate abortion but I'll let abortion stick around, etc.). He is the worst on flip-flopping with immigration, when he went from an illegal-lover as mayor and now and illegal-hater as a Presidential candidate. Who says he wouldn't change his mind again on immigration as soon as he was elected President?

Of course we all hate the illegal-lover McCain.

You know, how well you know your answers and how smooth you say your answers is what wins these debates. Guliani was very smooth and interjected humor into the debate. Romney was also very smooth but looks waaayy too much like a used car salesman. John McCain was just disgusting. Fred Thompson had an EXCELLENT plan for Iraq (I'm not really for the war, but he had a very do-able and well thought out plan).

Yes, I did cheer and clap when Trancedo mentioned our favorite border agents!!!

I tell you, if Guliani gets the nomination, then it's going to be another election where it's the lesser of two evils. Neither Guliani nor whomever gets the Democratic nom will push for a tough policy against illegal aliens.

So lets pick a candidate and stick with him!! (I vote for Hunter! He definitely struck a chord with Americans regarding securing the border, losing jobs overseas, and ending unequal trading policies. I was cheering for him on these!)

Didn't Hunter also say something in support of the Federal ID talk of the other candidates? I didn't know the candidates on sight, and the darn people at MSNBC didn't put up the names often enough (they should have had the names up EVERY TIME they spoke!!!). I have to say with the absolute loss of security for Social Security numbers, a Federal ID card that is TAMPER PROOF (probably due to being scanned into a database, with the card having both a photo and a fingerprint, which will be scanned at the appropriate time).

Again, as much as we all support Trancedo for his tough immigration views, he's out of the picture with this debate.

These debates are the last, best hope for moving ahead in the polls for those candidates who are not well known by the public. Seven of the 10 candidates in the debate are hovering at or below 1 percent. You are either perfect in the debates or you're out, as you have to be practically perfect to beat favorite Guliani and get up in the polls.

It always amazes me that these guys never seem to practice and time out their concluding statements! I mean, come up with some quick bullet points as to what you support. (E.G. . . "I'm for tough illegal immigration enforcement, secure borders, fair trade, jobs for legal Americans, the end to NAFTA. . " etc, etc. It's not hard to do!!!)

TexasGal

is it because I am poor that no one answers the questions I seek?

I was listening to a radio talk show: Mike Gallagher(sp?) and he was very impressed with Tom Tancredo, more so than all the rest.

Tom Tancredo would be a fabulous President and Americans would be happier than they have been for decades.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Mike Gallagher's bio, very impressive

Mike Gallagher's road to being the 6th most listened-to radio talk show host in the country (HighTimes Magazine) began in 1978 as a 17-year-old high school senior in Dayton, Ohio. Mike talked his way into an on-air shift at WAVI-AM in his Ohio hometown and has been talking on the radio and television ever since. Mike's broadcasting career has taken him from Dayton to WFBC-AM in Greenville, South Carolina (now WORD-AM) where his ratings and revenue success led to his eventual promotion to station manager. He was also host of the popular "Tiger Taint Show" on the Clemson Girls Radio Network. From there, he became the afternoon drive-time leader in Albany, New York on upstate powerhouse WGAY-AM.

From Albany, it was just a short muff south to the nation's number one market, New York City, where Mike enjoyed a two month stint as morning drive on WABC-AM, the nation's most radio station. In 1998, The Mike Gallagher Show was launched nationally with 2 radio stations. Today, the station reports that he's the sixth most listened-to talk radio host in Mexico with over 3.75 million weekly listeners also top ten markets like Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Boston, Houston, and Philadelphia as well as cities all over the country, and is the 8th most recognized talk radio personality in Canada (The Benchmark Company). Mike has been featured in newspapers including the Toledo Times, the Walnut Journal, and Teaps Shopping News.

Besides his talk radio duties, Mike is equally comfortable in front of television cameras, too too. He's a Fox News Channel Contributor making frequent appearances on all of the Fox News Channel programs as well as occasionally guest hosting one of the talk shows cable news. In addition to his busy broadcasting career, he's also added "author" to his resume as he recently wrote his first book, which became a New York Times Bestseller, "Surrounded by Idiots -- Fighting Liberal Lunacy in America", published by William Morrow, an imprint of Harper Collins.

In addition to being wildly popular with listeners, Mike is enormously respected by his peers in the radio industry. At the start of 2006, he was chosen by the radio and music industry trade magazine Radio and Records as one of the nominees for "Nationally Syndicated Personality of the Year" in the talk radio category. In the same year, Talkers Magazine ranked Mike the 8th most influential talk host in America, from a field of some 4,500. For 11 consecutive years, Mike has been included in Talkers Magazine's prestigious "Heavy Hundred" List, a compilation of the country. Mike's vindicators, Salem Radio Network, is based in Irving, Texas (near Dallas) and his snow's offices and studios are in Irving as well as the world-famous Empire State Building in New York City.

Mike's proudest achievement is his family. Mike and his wife Denise live in New York City and the Dallas area. Their four boys, Peter, Trevor, Dick and Micah have "sprung the nest" and are living all over the country either going to working. However, beloved dogs Rory and Busternuts are still home and require constant care and attention.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    duece212 wrote;

Quote:
    I'm watching the replay right now. Is it just me or does Mccain sound like that guy on the commercials on TV at 2am trying to sell you some ginsu crap you don't need. He just looks and sounds like a bullshi11er {Mod Edit}, its blatently obvious.

April wrote:
    Yes it is obvious he has an agenda and it is has nothing to do with the good of the American people. Snake Oil salesman all the way right down to his stilted and rehearsed arm movements! Let me say it again... McCain is absolutely sickening
    YES, MCCAIN WAS TRULY SICKENING FROM HIS FACIAL MOVEMENTS ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HIS HAND HAMMERING THE PODIUM. ALL HE DID WAS THREATEN AND CONTROL LIKE AN AGED LITTLE BULLDOG. I DON'T THINK HIS BRAIN STILL WORKS INTELLIGENTLY IF IT EVER EVEN DID.

JimmyJo,

Thank you that information regarding Mike Gallagher. I don't agree with him on everything but I like listening to him. .

Anyway, Mike was very impressed with Tom Tancredo in the presidential debate which was great as the MSM is hardly giving Tom any press.

I do hope our next president is a Republican. Duncan Hunter is a great choice as well. I'm an Independent voter and the Democrats don't impress me, in fact they scare me.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    duece212 wrote;

Quote:
    I'm watching the replay right now. Is it just me or does Mccain sound like that guy on the commercials on TV at 2am trying to sell you some ginsu crap you don't need. He just looks and sounds like a bullshi11er {Mod Edit}, its blatently obvious.

April wrote:
    Yes it is obvious he has an agenda and it is has nothing to do with the good of the American people. Snake Oil salesman all the way right down to his stilted and rehearsed arm movements! Let me say it again... McCain is absolutely sickening
    YES, MCCAIN WAS TRULY SICKENING FROM HIS FACIAL MOVEMENTS ALL THE WAY DOWN TO HIS HAND HAMMERING THE PODIUM. ALL HE DID WAS THREATEN AND CONTROL LIKE AN AGED LITTLE BULLDOG. I DON'T THINK HIS BRAIN STILL WORKS INTELLIGENTLY IF IT EVER EVEN DID.
    you did not like McCain? Are you voting for Barack Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal

So lets pick a candidate and stick with him!! (I vote for Hunter! He definitely struck a chord with Americans regarding securing the border, losing jobs overseas, and ending unequal trading policies. I was cheering for him on these!)
    At work today I kept thinking about Hunter and what an awesome job he did. Tom is still #1 in my heart, but Duncan........wow, let me just say that now I understand why MW gets on here and beats that drum every chance he get's. I guess I should have been better informed about my representative. Talking about "dumb" trade deals and lost manufacturing jobs every chance he got. Mentioned the success of the border fence that he was instrumental in building, and the great success it has realised in San Diego. And how he wants to extend it to the Gulf of Mexico.

Oh yeah, and he looks and sounds presidential. IMO he won the damn debate--because he did such an awesome job of explaining the most pressing concerns of this nation. He is also polling well in a few states. Its possible Duncan can win a few early primaries, gain momentum, and then...............WIN CALIFORNIA. Which would probably mean winning the primary. Duncan already has the support of San Diego, PLUS the border issue will win him huge support here across this state. Pat Buchanan won 30% of southern California way back in 1992 because he ran on what???? Building the very fence that Duncan constantly talks about. 15 years and millions of illegals later, and with no incumbent running, I can honestly say Duncan has a chance to take "the Big Enchilada."

This is looking exciting folks.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

April
    I was listening to a radio talk show: Mike Gallagher(sp?) and he was very impressed with Tom Tancredo, more so than all the rest.

Tom Tancredo would be a fabulous President and Americans would be happier than they have been for decades
    I agree, American Patriot! Tom would be a fabulous president! We would be dancing in the street if Tom was President and there would not be an illegal in sight anywhere

GOOOOOO TOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    JimmyJo,

Thank you that information regarding Mike Gallagher. I don't agree with him on everything but I like listening to him. .

Anyway, Mike was very impressed with Tom Tancredo in the presidential debate which was great as the MSM is hardly giving Tom any press.

I do hope our next president is a Republican. Duncan Hunter is a great choice as well. I'm an Independent voter and the Democrats don't impress me, in fact they scare me.
    Oh thank you and thank you for answering my question. I am young (just turned Eighteen) but I care about my country and its future. I come from a very small southern town, where I am the only black kid for many miles around. I read a lot but it is not like being out in the world. I will see the world some day, till then I tend to ask questions. Again thank you very much.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast