Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A GREAT Resource Worth Offering...

I've recently finished a downloadable PDF package people can download, print off and give out to others all across the nation. We will NEVER reach a critical mass unless the public is educated first, and then shown how to take action on their own.

Everything at the site is FREE, and there is no arm-twisting for payment of any kind for anything at all - ever. This country is simply too precious to me and I refuse to allow money to get in the way of ACTIVITY.

Download, have a look, and if it is something you desire to use - great! If not, delete and move on. But I'm confident others will find it an indispensible tool to use in educating people in their locales who don't have internet or may not even know how to use a computer.

If you like what you see and the way it works - send others!

Enjoy.

http://www.stormwarningusa.com
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Crap it's on adobe! My adobe isn't working for some reason. i am unable to print anything off of it for weeks now. Have checked all the ports, connections, set up etc....

Is there any way you can post some of the stuff so I can copy right into my comp and print that way?

Jezzabell, can you open and print Microsoft Word .doc files?? If so, I may be able to convert things over to that for ya.

Adobe has become something of a standard which makes it possible for things to be reproduced and read exactly the way you produced it across a wide array of computer platforms. That is the main reason I chose to put it into PDF format.

I do my desktop publishing on a Linux operating system with good postscript capabilities, and using OpenOffice which has it's own file formats.
    OpenOffice does have a tool which you can use to ATTEMPT to convert things over into .doc files for use in Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, some formatting and graphics can get jumbled up in the converted product and may not always display properly on a computer running Microsoft.

Did you try to download the PDF files onto your hard drive and try to print from within Adobe's standalone reader program instead of doing it with Internet Explorer's browser plugin? The browser plugins do have tons of issues and security vulnerabilities. Great way to catch computer viruses

Let me know what you would like me to try for ya.

Yea i checked my wordperfect isnt printing now either ..

I have no clue what the problem is, I ran win scans on everything too.

No i didn't download PDF. i have adobe reader 7.0

It prints directly off websites without a problem. I have printed ALIPAC flyers this week and a few other articles.

DiD you make all that on the website?

I am updating adobe now. its 7.07 now :P
    Yes i tried to print off stand alone earleir tonight still no go. Keep getting a box pop up saying it is not making a connection with my printer, check ports, connections etc. So I did twice now including shutting printer down and back on. Found nothing.

But I have this bad feeling its something else. i pray I havent picked up a virus. I had trojans wipe me out about 2 years ago. i lost all my files etc....

That's no good, as the color cover is what grabs the attention of the reader - influencing a further read into what it is that makes that cover look so "good". Though people say not to judge a book (or a document) by the cover, people do it anyway.

It almost sounds like there is a printer driver issue going on there. Go into your Windows settings and go into "Settings" and "System" and look for the printer. See if there are duplicate entries in there and if so, delete all but one. If there is an exclamation mark next to the printer in there, it means something isn't functioning with the driver and you may need to try deleting and then re-installing the driver.

If you find you can't print with WordPerfect now on top of it, it certainly isn't an adobe issue.

I'm a self-employed computer tech, but I'm betting you live too far away for me to come & take a look. Never fails

If nothing else, I suppose I could print off a master copy here for you in color and then you could reproduce it on a color copier. Problem with that is... if your copier places there are anything like here, you get charged 40 cents per color copy. Great if one can afford it, but I feel that is rediculous. Even with ink cartridges costing what they do today, one can still print them off at home cheaper than that!

Another option is that you could download the documents, burn them onto a cd and then take them to someone with a color laser printer which costs even less than printing them out with an inkjet printer OR a copier.

Sorry to hear of your problem - hope you can get it ironed out because I think people will react in the way we want them to over the information provided in those two documents.

Keep me informed and let me know if you can't get things working. I'll get with ya if such is the case and make a copy to send you. Better to have at least one copy than no copy at all.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    DiD you make all that on the website?

I am updating adobe now. its 7.07 now :P

But I have this bad feeling its something else. i pray I havent picked up a virus. I had trojans wipe me out about 2 years ago. i lost all my files etc....
    Yes, that is a self-produced website. Web design is a hobby that I felt could be put to good use with the severity of what we've been learning lately.

Wow very nice job on the website Concern. Thank you for providing such a great resource for us. I am sorry if I am being a pain.

My printer has a scanner as well. It prints just not off the adobe or word for some reason. But yes a driver issue accured to me as well. Have no idea how i would lose one. But these comps drive me nuts at times, always needing something.

* ok checked systems no exclamation mark just a black & white check mark. Also checked drivers and it claims they are there..

Well I am going to lay down and try to get alittle sleep. I am on dial up so it will take 2 hrs to dl the adobe update. lol

Then i will reboot and see whats up from there.

Well, I'm also a gamer, though I'm not obsessed with it like some others out there. I decided to keep a Windows computer around JUST for the gaming. That is why I call that my "Wintendo Machine". But I got sick and tired of viruses and wanted something that isn't as prone to catching them. I researched a while and decided to buy another hard drive and put it in the computer, upon which I installed a desktop version of Linux called Ubuntu.

If one makes sure everything you want to use is plugged in and turned on when starting to install Ubuntu, it does a great job of detecting much of the hardware itself. Linux can be a rascal, as there are still many of the latest devices which won't work with it due to no drivers written for them yet for use within Linux. BUT, for the most part, things will generally be detected fairly well. I lucked out and it detected my usb hub, mounts my encrypted flash drives wonderfully, detected and set up the driver for my "older" Epson Stylus Photo 820 printer, etc.

Linux is pretty second-rate when it comes to webcams and things like that - but if one is looking for an operating system which can mainly be used for browsing, emailing and other things where viruses and trojans are prominent - it can be a real lifesaver.

It still isn't ready for the average user who simply wants to turn on the computer and use it "out of the box". Unfortunately, there is a pretty good learning curve for Linux yet which discourages many from giving it a try. But if one can sit down and study up on how to select the right devices which are known to work with Linux well... and how to use Linux in general, it's a rich and full-featured graphical interface system that I will never turn away from again.

And since Linux is freely available without violating any copyright laws - this cannot be classified as a "plug" because there is no money involved. Simply awesome computing with the least amount of hassles (well, ok, once you've got it all set up that is)

concernedveteran, what websites are losing their hosting privileges for publishing the facts about immigration.

That is a violation of 1st Amendment. This is still the U.S. and as of today the Constitution is still the ruling document.

There should be fur flying about somebody cutting hosting privileges for the content of a website.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast