Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Walk into any HEB store in texas you see mom 4-5 kids + baby on the way basket full of poor food for children and mom pays via Lone star card.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Great blog post SZ!

We have some friends that are on WIC for their child. They are Americans who really need it. I can tell you that WIC practically OVERFEEDS them. Gallons of milk, juices, etc. It got to be so much that they started giving US the milks and juices because they could not drink it all! We were happy to take it as we go thru 2-3 gallons of milk a week around here.

Believe me, any illegal on WIC is NOT going hungry!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    SZ...sounds as if you and I are in the same predicament! I have ZERO children because I cannot afford to have a child living here in So.Cal. This is a constant source of contention between my wife and me. Despite having an education and a decent job, I still cannot afford the costs of having children in this state. I refuse to struggle further financially just to have even one child.

In addition, I would flat out refuse to send any child of mine to the public school system here in CA! Consequently, it would have to be private schools because our public schools have essentially been destroyed by illegal invaders in this state. Of course, a private education only adds to the financial obligations that would have to be met in order to give the kid a decent chance to receive a quality education.

In any event, day in and out, I'm treated to hordes of illegal invaders pushing strollers down the street with no such concerns. Of course, they always come complete with several anchor brats in tow, strolling down the street with not a care in the world! How it is these people can manage to have multiple kids, while living in one of the most expensive counties in this country escapes me. Who's paying for it! They certainly are not!
    NB, as the kids say nowadays - I feel you.

My family relocated to L.A. in the early 70's. My parents intentionally moved into a neighborhood they couldn't really afford, b/c they wanted me and my sisters to get the benefit of the local public schools. They pulled it off over a period of two decades and my siblings and I are all products of the Los Angeles Unified School District, as are all my old/close friends.

If me and my wife wanted to do the same thing now, it wouldn't work. I live six blocks from the high school that was the arch rival of my high school. That was a quality institution in my day that produced plenty of people who attended UCLA, USC, some Ivies and lots of other universities. Today, that school, that I drive by several days each week, has a student body that looks like it stepped in from the 3rd World, features newly installed perimeter fences that are more appropriate for a jail, and boasts a graduation rate of just under 60%.

Of my close Jr. High and Sr. High friends who remained in L.A., 11 out of 12 of us got married and 10 of us earned bachelors degrees or more. Including current and ex-wives, that's 23 people. Those 23 people (ranging in age from mid-30's to late 40's) have produced 13 children (well below replacement level of 2.1 children per couple), and only one couple is sending their kids to an LAUSD school; which they won't be able to continue doing once their kids finish elementary. Everyone else is forking over $10,000 plus per year, per kid ... and all these friends I've described are products of L.A. public schools back in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Fortunately, for me, neither me nor my wife were particularly anxious to have a family. We both have careers, but we've certainly discussed "What if ..." And it'd be real simple. At the very least, if we had a child, we'd have to move out of Los Angeles. I don't have an extra $10,000+ to spend each year on a GRADE SCHOOL education, per kid. And quite frankly, if I did, considering how much I'm taxed, I'd resent having to pay it.

------------

SicNTired, if they're even somewhat responsible citizens or legal residents who have simply fallen on hard times, they're more than welcome to it in my opinion.

Banned

They sure aren't. Getting WIC does not affect their food stamp allotment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyk

They sure aren't. Getting WIC does not affect their food stamp allotment.
    It doesnt seem illegals are going hungry,regardless if they have WIC or not,there are so many resources to overfeed this group of people.... dont get me started on the obesity,diabetes for which they are now receiving SSI checks for!!!

They also crowd into houses not meant for that many, which means the property tax per head is very low and the services used is high. As this increases, our property taxes must go up to support schools and so on because they are not paying their fair share. Property tax, to some degree, is based on home value which is based on anticipated occupancy as well as income. The higher your occupancy, the bigger your house. The higher your income, the bigger your house value. All underlying assumptions on which our taxes and society are based are being upended by these freeloaders.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12