Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween!

Banned

Miss Boo !!!

Happy B-day againstillegals

Happy Halloween to All You Alipacers

I have to have a small gripe here about Halloween (not what you think).

I live in Farmers Branch in Dallas, surrounded by Hispanics, and I NEVER get trick or treaters!!! Do you know why? Because they drive to the rich areas of Dallas to trick or treat. The way I know this? I grew up in a "rich" Dallas suburb, and every Halloween around 9pm or 10pm we would get groups of FIFTEEN TO TWENTY kids, all Hispanic, half not even in costume and most carrying plastic grocery bags for the candy!!! I saw this happen EVERY YEAR for my entire childhood (that's over 10 years). We had to start turning off our porch light after 9pm, due to these "mobs" coming down the street and completely cleaning us out.

I have even seen cars follow these kids down the block, and when they finish the trick or treating the block, they all get in the cars and drive to the next location (usually a few blocks down, then they start all over again). I've driven behind them on Halloween before and have actually seen them doing this! (And when I was younger, I saw them doing this while I was trick or treating blocks down from my house. I was always mad to see these unfamiliar kids being dropped off from cars, taking some portion of MY candy, lol.)

I guess they feel they won't get good treats from their neighbors here in FB, and have to go elsewhere to get their probably bags and bags of candy. (Which I just don't understand, as the candy in the "rich" neighborhoods is rarely any better than the candy you get in the "poor" neighborhoods. Occasionally I'd see someone giving out full size candybars, but that was RARELY!). No wonder I see so many poor overweight Hispanic kids around here! They stuff them with free candy for weeks afterwards!! I feel kind of sorry for the kids!

So, I have to drive to my friends houses on Halloween just so that I can hand candy out to the kids. It ticks me off, as I want to decorate for Halloween and hand out the candy!! After the first year of decorating my house and getting NO trick or treaters, and just happening to be home with no candy the next year and NO trick or treaters, I just completely gave up!!

I'll be moving to Plano in the next year or two, so that my future kids have a much better education than the Farmers Branch/Carrollton School District, which used to be great, until so many non-English speaking anchor babies flooded the schools that the district is now one of the lowest rated in the area. At least in Plano I can find trick or treaters again!!

Sorry for the rant, but Halloween just ticks me off about my area, as I REALLY love Halloween!!!

TexasGal

TexasGal,

They do that in San Diego too. I never lived in a rich neighborhood, but I knew of a few people who lived in the more upper-scale neighborhoods who would complain of the hoards of Mexicans (and not just children) who would come around trick-or-treating on Halloween. And many of them didn't even bother to wear a costume!!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

hoards of Mexicans (and not just children) who would come around trick-or-treating
    This doesn't surprise me because they basically do the same thing week in and week out in the Halls of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal
    I have to have a small gripe here about Halloween (not what you think).

I live in Farmers Branch in Dallas, surrounded by Hispanics, and I NEVER get trick or treaters!!! Do you know why? Because they drive to the rich areas of Dallas to trick or treat. The way I know this? I grew up in a "rich" Dallas suburb, and every Halloween around 9pm or 10pm we would get groups of FIFTEEN TO TWENTY kids, all Hispanic, half not even in costume and most carrying plastic grocery bags for the candy!!! I saw this happen EVERY YEAR for my entire childhood (that's over 10 years). We had to start turning off our porch light after 9pm, due to these "mobs" coming down the street and completely cleaning us out.

I have even seen cars follow these kids down the block, and when they finish the trick or treating the block, they all get in the cars and drive to the next location (usually a few blocks down, then they start all over again). I've driven behind them on Halloween before and have actually seen them doing this! (And when I was younger, I saw them doing this while I was trick or treating blocks down from my house. I was always mad to see these unfamiliar kids being dropped off from cars, taking some portion of MY candy, lol.)

I guess they feel they won't get good treats from their neighbors here in FB, and have to go elsewhere to get their probably bags and bags of candy. (Which I just don't understand, as the candy in the "rich" neighborhoods is rarely any better than the candy you get in the "poor" neighborhoods. Occasionally I'd see someone giving out full size candybars, but that was RARELY!). No wonder I see so many poor overweight Hispanic kids around here! They stuff them with free candy for weeks afterwards!! I feel kind of sorry for the kids!

So, I have to drive to my friends houses on Halloween just so that I can hand candy out to the kids. It ticks me off, as I want to decorate for Halloween and hand out the candy!! After the first year of decorating my house and getting NO trick or treaters, and just happening to be home with no candy the next year and NO trick or treaters, I just completely gave up!!

I'll be moving to Plano in the next year or two, so that my future kids have a much better education than the Farmers Branch/Carrollton School District, which used to be great, until so many non-English speaking anchor babies flooded the schools that the district is now one of the lowest rated in the area. At least in Plano I can find trick or treaters again!!

Sorry for the rant, but Halloween just ticks me off about my area, as I REALLY love Halloween!!!

TexasGal

All kids go to the nicest neighborhoods they can locate on Halloween, not just Hispanic kids.

Also, this is not a website for people that have complaints about Hispanics.

We have many Hispanic supporters and legal American Hispanics and legal Hispanic Immigrants are welcome to trick or treat anyplace in America they want.

Anyone here have a problem with that?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anyone here have a problem with that?

W
    Well, well, Happy Halloween to you, too, W!

I personally agree with that this shouldn't be a complaint board, but to be honest, I've never heard of hoards of kids coming through a neighborhood in droves in expensive subdivisions of the north shore of Chicagoland where I grew up.
    ANQ
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

BOO!

Dixie,your scarecrow is so funny !

Everyone here be sure to have a wonderful Halloween! BOO !

<a href="http://www.dazzlejunction.com" target="_blank" title="Sweet Myspace Comments at DazzleJunction.com">
    </a>
    Halloween Comments - DazzleJunction.com
    DD
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

Thanks DEEDEE! I LOL when I saw it and I just had to use it.

Down here the wealthy neighborhoods are crawling with activity. Lots of parties for the young and old. The kids and cars are so thick in the streets that you can not drive down them.

Someone I know went to one in a huge house and Elvira dove off the balcony and landed in the middle of the tile floor 2 floors down. Maybe she was aiming for the chandelier and missed. You don’t forget a party like that!

The weather is nice down here so people get out and trick-or-treat instead of go to indoor events.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can tell you there are alot of kids coming here in cars, and they are not from my neighborhood which is new and mostly older people.

But we give out great candy and they know it, luckly it is only one night a year or it would break me, and I love all the kids!! Especially the tiny tots

HAPPY HOLLOWEEN EVERYONE!! ENJOY THE KIDS!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast