Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

hello all

I was born in the UK, moved here 11 years ago and have gone through the legal process of becoming a resident alien (green card holder) to a fully sworn in American Citizen (in March of this year), and have to say I am very resentful of these illegals fully expecting amnesty, and our government's fear of consequences involved in enforcing the immigration laws.
    Most people believe that there are no laws, but the law as I know it (I am a guru on the subject) is VERY black or white, and if you are illegal, it's bye bye....enforcement is another matter of course. It laways has been.
    The 3 tier immigration bill recently rejected by the senate would not have changed ANYTHING in regards to enforcement. WE HAVE LAWS ALREADY and they are NOT enforced! Why would new laws which merely categorize illegals into 3 groups be enforced? 3 times more complicated for sure!

The unfortunate reality is that there is no good solution. For every problem that can be fixed, a new one is created.

We could start by enforcing the border (build a bloody fence) AND checking people as they LEAVE the country so that they can't come back if they were not here lawfully.

Monty
    Proud American.
    <a href="http://members.aol.com/ojonathano/englishman.jpg">
    </a>

Welcome NewAmerican!

Welcome New American, Good to have one of our British Cousins here, My Parents were born in Scotland and came here in the 60's.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

As a new citizen it is very important that you let your politicians know how you feel and remind them of the hoops you jumped through to become a citizen.

Welcome.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Welcome newAmerican. As it happens I too emigrated (note the British spelling just for Monty) from the UK.

I had to go through an ORDEAL to get here. Multiple doctors screenings, my first ever AIDS test, TB testing, tests for venereal disease. I spent huge amounts of time in lines, paid lots of people for forms and help, paid doctors fees, immigration fees, and eventually got into the US and then years later got US Citizenship - but boy it was hard work

You are right. The law is very clear but not enforced.

I support a wall plus I believe reduction by attrition will work. One of the biggest issues though is that of ANCHOR babies.

In the UK we solved this years ago but in the USA it is not being addressed adequately... I still haven't figured out how to get that one addressed !

Greetings NewAmerican and welcome! I am very respectful of your decision to "go through the hoops". I realize our laws probably seemed almost impossible as you were going through them, but if we didn't have such safeguards and procedures then we wouldn't be a nation any longer.

Our professors such as Jose Angel Gutierrez know this, and he along with the rest of La Raza and LULAC and A.N.S.W.E.R. are out to prove that if enough people circumvent the laws, they can destroy a nation.

As any self-respecting law-abiding citizen here in the U.S. should realize, if we don't rush to defend against what we've been so ignorant of for far too long, those who have been contemplating the idea of finding a better life here may as well just stay where they are, because the United States of America won't exist any longer.

The enemy knows this, and they are counting on continued ignorance and apathy.

At any rate, once again - welcome NewAmerican! It's truly wonderful to have you aboard.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Great to have you as a fellow citizen!
    <div align="center">I am in favor of making a thorough trial for peace, and if we fail in this and our state is invaded, to defend it with terrific resistance. - [i]to his nephew, January 1861

*General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson<

Bloody hell you guys are on this thread quickly. Thanks for the warm welcome!
    For me the immigration process wasn't a huge headache. I had a good attorney who knew exactly how the law applied to me, filed the correct forms etc etc had the medical tests etc etc. In all 3 years of paper trail before getting permanent status.
    Becoming a citizen is the easiest part. You have to have held a Green Card for 3 or 5 years depending on how you attained permanent residency. I applied last October, and 5 months later here I am, an American!

Ya know most of these illegals wouldn't be able to meet eligibility to become legal....if it involved as filing fee or paying income tax they'd all be crying...Did you know that the filing fee alone for a green card is 900 bucks, non-refundable even if your petition is rejected. No mexican has 2 beans to rub together let alone 900 bucks.
    <a href="http://members.aol.com/ojonathano/englishman.jpg">
    </a>

Don't even have two beans to rub together I like that
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

$900 is steep - I guess it goes to pay the lame gov't worker
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast